What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Tet » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Noodle wrote:partly due to this thing rumoured to be called "adult life".

Don't do it!

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Wayne Rooney is 30! :o

My mate told me about him when he was 15 because he was his teacher. Fucking hell those 15 years have flown by.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:34 pm

Fucking hell. Brain's having a hard time dealing with that.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:04 pm

So this will probably sound really fucking stupid...
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a fair while, nearly 2 years, co-habiting 'n all, but I haven't met a single member of his family... mainly due to him being from Belgium and him being reluctant to take me there because he only really visits to see his grandparents before they die etc etc... but even when his mum is here they swan off to Claridges hotel and I don't even get to meet her, because she's 'treating him' or whatever, but really I think it's because he's scared of her meeting me, and the ultimate disappointment that will bring.
But anyway basically his parents are super-duper rich, and they've booked us on a holiday with them to a yatch and villa in Italy next year, literally private jet and everything and I am FREAKING the fuck out, because the first thing theyre going to see when I get off the plane is a scruffbag who can't speak dutch, with a bad self-dye job and piercings and the rest of it.
I was even looking at designer clothes today and salons in town so I can at least fucking pretend for a week that I can possibly fit in :(

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:55 pm

Hannah, you aren't a scruff bag. You're an amazing self made beautiful woman who kicks so much arse. If I ever had kids (god forbid) and they were with someone like you I would be immensely proud.

But then I'm a poor scruff bag with a self dye job :lol:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:47 am

Lets just be scruffbags together :luv:

I dunno it was about a year ago, one time when I asked him why he didn't take me to meet his mum and he said something like 'because I know what she'll be like and I can't handle that'. I mean, when she's here, he dresses up in a suit to go meet her, it's weird, but I get that he doesn't want to take me along.

I mean we'd just got together so it's fair enough and apparently they're all excited to meet me now but still D:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 pm

Nantha wrote:I am FREAKING the fuck out, because the first thing theyre going to see when I get off the plane is a scruffbag who can't speak dutch, with a bad self-dye job and piercings and the rest of it.

Honestly, I know you're fretting about it, but in all likelihood, you have nothing to worry about. The inability to speak Dutch is irrelevant. It wouldn't be expected. Besides, all of the Flemish people I know speak pretty good English, and I doubt they'll be any different. Plus, you're far from a scruffbag. It's not as if you're a council estate chav. I know the situation's different in each case, but my other half comes from a noble family, listed in Debretts' Peerage etc., and they coped with me being a long haired scruffy oik.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:14 pm

Half of the aristocracy are scruffy bastards as well. Just look at Lord Bath and Princess Anne who normally looks like she's just been mucking out the stables. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:18 pm

When it comes to scruffy, you, Hamdir are the last person I can think of fitting that description.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Nantha wrote:Lets just be scruffbags together :luv:

Always :luv:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 pm

I personally vote you go hard on it. Turn up in one of those pink tracksuits and start spouting off that marilyn monroe quote.

Though whenever I've seen you, even if it's rocking triple denim, you've always seemed distinctly unscruffy.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:26 am

Handing my notice in today. It's the right thing to do but I'm just scared I'll fail at getting anything else. But I'm tired of being treated worse than shit.

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:30 am

It's the right thing to do.
I'm sure you'll find something else very quickly xxx
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:20 am

Deli Kate wrote:It's the right thing to do.
I'm sure you'll find something else very quickly xxx

Absolutely this. They've treated you like utter shite despite how much effort you've put in - they don't deserve another minute of your time.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:33 pm

Sometimes you gotta do that whole taking a risk thing. I remember you saying your folks were giving you £2k or something like that. I moved to a new city on about the same, found a job in 6 weeks and that was on probably less/lower experience than what you've got. And you're in London where jobs are in even greater abundance.