Ministry,
Orden Ogan,
Orphaned Land,
Pyogenesis,
Therion,
Unisonic

Bands touring Europe around the time:

Bands we're all dreading that could play/Metal Hammer Bands:
Five Finger Death Punch= according to Metal Hammer article are desperate to headline festivals and are just the right size for BOA
Bullet for my Valentine= Playing Wacken
August Burns Red = Playing Graspop
Bury Tomorrow= Playing Graspop
Monuments= Playing Graspop
Parkway Drive = Playing Wacken
Steel Panther = Playing Wacken

Bands that are about as likely as Darkthrone:
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath

Anyone else know of any rumours?
Last edited by houston4044 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soze
Denim Demon

Re: Bloodstock 2016 rumours

Postby Soze » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:35 am

Satyricon is a less a rumour, more an unconfirmed fact! FFDP headlining the Sunday would be a catastrophe imo, I just can't see that announcement going down well. The other 2 aren't really rumours, no-ones suggested they may happen or anything? Lots of bands are playing Graspop! Sacred Reich are long overdue an appearance though.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:15 am

Katatonia will be playing The Great Cold Distance in full next year as it's their best selling album and it was their peak so they'll be playing it in full no doubt! They haven't played Bloodstock since 2009 either so they are due back. I'd favour Bloodstock over Damnation as they've only recently played Damnation so are less likely to play there.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:40 am

The curse of the disappearing thread strikes again. There definitely was one.

Both Arch Enemy and Kreator told me they were playing when I saw them last year. Although whether that was just to get me to stop asking them or not is open to debate. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

house
Consort of the Beast

Postby house » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Well not so much a rumour as a thought but with arch enemy who let's face it will play this year surely?? But with Chris and Johan back at the helm like at loud Park, now that would be great to see.

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:32 pm

The same person who told me Twisted Sister are headlining (Told me at Beermageddon),has just told me Testament are playing...
You should try being dead...

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Bio-Zombi wrote:The same person who told me Twisted Sister are headlining (Told me at Beermageddon),has just told me Testament are playing...

Hope not-apart from them being a pretty unimaginitive booking,every time i've seen them they have been average-at best.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Bio-Zombi wrote:The same person who told me Twisted Sister are headlining (Told me at Beermageddon),has just told me Testament are playing...

Wouldn't complain much about that though they did play quite recently. You could however still being an utter tease. :p
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:05 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:

Hope not-apart from them being a pretty unimaginitive booking,every time i've seen them they have been average-at best.

Eh? Testament have probably been the most consistent of the Thrash Metal bands that I've seen. Quality every time including when they blew Anthrax off stage the three times I saw them on the ATL tour when Anthrax were at their peak.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Would they sub or play 3rd now?

Was kind of hoping the thrash bands would be a bit more left field next year: Suicidal Tendencies, Sodom, D.R.I or Cro-Mags would have been more thrilling. Though I expect Acid Reign will play which should be good.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:14 pm

I would think that Sodom are probably one of the most typically old school Bloodstock bands around. :lol:

Testament were sub headliners last time and have previously headlined. I don't think their standing has dropped much.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Urgh I hope its not Testament. Not a massive fan, they are ok I guess but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them again. They'd also take up a bigger slot I'd rather held back for someone who I haven't seen before.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:19 am

I would be quite happy with Testament but I would also like Kreator or Exodus.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
mathewxentrix88 wrote:

Eh? Testament have probably been the most consistent of the Thrash Metal bands that I've seen. Quality every time including when they blew Anthrax off stage the three times I saw them on the ATL tour when Anthrax were at their peak.

We have been through this before but Xentrix annihilated them at Hammersmith in 1990 (as did Mortal Sin to be honest).
The most consistent thrash band as far as live performances go is probably Overkill.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:36 pm

That's just crazy talk. :P