Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Turbo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:03 pm

I think I need to start New Vegas because there are people playing Fallout 4 I wasn't even aware played video games. :lol:

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:43 pm

WorMzy wrote:Started playing Alien Isolation.

Rather than being the scary game I was hoping it to be, it's mostly just frustrating. This one section where you have to sneak past four humans took about 10 tries because they were all over the room, there was very little cover to hide behind, and they could take me out with two/three shots. Eventually managed it by chucking flares about to distract them, but I've decided that stealth is pointless in these types of situations and am just gonna blow their heads off and saunter past if the same situation comes up again.

The human bits are a bit ham-fisted, but the encounters with the Alien itself are well worth it in my view.

Turbo wrote:I think I need to start New Vegas because there are people playing Fallout 4 I wasn't even aware played video games. :lol:

I don't get the love for Fallout, I really don't. Both 3 and New Vegas were awfully dull.

Been playing a load of Rocket League and a bit of Binding of Isaac this week, the first being fun (especially with the new mutators) and the second being frustrating as hell :lol:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:04 am

I broke on Fallout 4.

My plan was to wait till I got a week off in December and buy it then, after all the kinks had been worked out. Instead I looked at all the people preloading it and almost immediately got overcome with the hype I'd been repressing since E3.

It's gonna suck and I'm gonna regret it, but I've got it on the download and it's getting played tomorrow.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:42 am

I'm tempted to put my last €60 into getting it on PC even though it won't run well because the wait for the PS4 bundle I preordered (Battlefront with Darth Vader edition console and + controller) is slowly killing me inside.

The console version even comes with this rad Perk Poster :(

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:29 pm

I accidentally bought the PS4 PipBoy Edition with bobblehead. :oops:

Still hoping it gets ported to Linux at some point though, I'd love to play it on PC.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Bit of a dilemma in going next gen. I really want to but I probably shouldn't. Some great deals - Black Ops III and Fifa 16 thrown in with a 1TB xbone for £319.99 from Game has my attention at the moment. Not necessarily bothered about Fifa (or any sport games because they suck) so I could chop that in and get GTA 5/new Tomb Raider/AC Unity and ufkinwotm8. I should really be looking for a new job but the deals!!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:53 pm

Fallout 4 is making my willy tingle.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Pfft, Fallout? It's all about Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void. :D

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:54 am

Thinking about cexing cod and getting fallout. Hmmm.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:38 pm

Ok well this was weird. On games website I could either have Xbone 1TB, COD BOIII, COD Ghosts, and Fifa 16 for £319.99 or I could have Xbone 1TB, COD BOIII, Fifa 16 for £319.99.

So with chopping in Fifa 16 and COD Ghosts, I have just gone next gen. :yes: Few other games I need to chop in and some other bits of shit and hopefully I can get AC Lefeukinw0tm8 and AC Ufkinw0tm8 and GTA5. I have wood.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:33 pm

6 hours into Fallout 4 and loving it, though my laptop struggles a lot in combat scenes.

Eyeing up parts for a new PC. Reckon a GTX 980 will last me a good while.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:56 pm

6 hours into the previous one. Took me three hours to find where my next quest is. Still not found it. Lost interest rather quickly. I have done something wrong, perhaps the person who was meant to give me a quest glitched out or something. Might do a bit tomorrow but I am not exactly hooked.

Xbone arrives on Monday. Hoping that because I bought GTA5 off marketplace that ill get it rather cheap because that's pretty much what I want to play first. If not, ill have to manage on making children cry on COD Black Ops III.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:37 am

Gave up, freakily enough, 6 hours into my first save because I wasn't feeling it.

Restarted on Saturday as pure melee with the occasional shotgun and molotov and it's so fun again.

Fuck ghouls tho.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:39 am

Been complaining of late of cods campaigns being too easy. They've brought out Realistic difficulty setting which is I die if one bullet lands me. Plus grenade spawning and respawning enemies. Now I might just have a challenge.

Edit: Fifa is actually a bit of a laugh. Tried to get some real quality in my Blues side but unfortunately Heskey cannot be approached. Anyway, Wolves 0 - 9 Birmingham.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:48 pm

About two 10 hour days in Fallout 4 and still haven't explored even half the shit. Been chatting with my mate during it and he's seeing an entirely different side of the map.

I wish I had this much commitment to my actual job rather than Fallout job of murdering people with swords and concrete blocks.