Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:26 am

I don't want to explore, I just want to make a pimping settlement. :-(

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:58 am

That's impressed me as well. I've got no desire whatsoever to build any of the settlements, I just got in, make em, and fuck off again.

And the games been fine with it.

Usually when they make a big feature like that in you can't move for the game slapping it's dick in your face about it, but Fallout 4 has been happy to just let me go about my shit.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Got into Terraria for the first time. Had it for years but never got into it, but my girlfriend decided she wanted to play so I jumped on to give it another go. A lot more fun with a few others involved.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:59 pm

I have played fallout for something like 28 hours now, which considering I was in Glasgow for 2 days and have worked 3 days since it came out ( I had a couple of holiday days) is a lot. I also have 7 power armour frames, only 3 of which are empty now. I'm enjoying it a lot, and the fact I've got so many hours in and feel I've barely scratched the surface is a good sign.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:57 am

CrappyMike wrote:I have played fallout for something like 28 hours now, which considering I was in Glasgow for 2 days and have worked 3 days since it came out ( I had a couple of holiday days) is a lot. I also have 7 power armour frames, only 3 of which are empty now. I'm enjoying it a lot, and the fact I've got so many hours in and feel I've barely scratched the surface is a good sign.

Power Armour modding frames, or actual suits? I've only got one but I've came across a few frames for crafting mods, etc. 14 hours in, level 16.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:32 am

Suits. I have 2 full sets of T45 one of which I've painted as a minutemen set and modded to type D and one standard, one raider set and half a set of T51 and then 3 empty ones

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:15 pm

Not sure if I am just really without practice but I have played about 15 games on Black Ops III and my team has so far not won.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:00 am

Debating whether it's worth switching from Xbone to PS4. Really feeling like I've backed the wrong horse atm.

EDIT: Also, a few friends and myself were thinking of Twitch streaming a few games. Anyone got any tips on the best ways to configure audio or structure these things?
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:25 am

kanet666 wrote:Debating whether it's worth switching from Xbone to PS4. Really feeling like I've backed the wrong horse atm.

EDIT: Also, a few friends and myself were thinking of Twitch streaming a few games. Anyone got any tips on the best ways to configure audio or structure these things?

Off console, no idea, but I will say to check your upload speeds. You'll want around 10mb/s or so upload to stream at a decent quality with no buffering.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:39 am

Jobdone wrote:
kanet666 wrote:Debating whether it's worth switching from Xbone to PS4. Really feeling like I've backed the wrong horse atm.

Off console, no idea, but I will say to check your upload speeds. You'll want around 10mb/s or so upload to stream at a decent quality with no buffering.

Probably should have clarified I'll be streaming through my laptop if anything. I ran a test recording last night so I know I can handle the recording process comfortably, I'll have to check my connection as sometimes it can be amazing and at others it is plain awful.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:39 am

kanet666 wrote:
Jobdone wrote:

Probably should have clarified I'll be streaming through my PC if anything. I ran a test recording last night so I know I can handle the recording process comfortably, I'll have to check my connection as sometimes it can be amazing and at others it is plain awful.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:41 am

Can you do that without a capture card on xbone? Might do that myself. Always wanted to show how I ruin peoples gaming experiences on GTA5.

SPEAKING OF. Gta5 is on its way.

Personally wouldnt bother with ps4. I have more fun in multiplayer and a vast total of my mates are xbox till I die.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 am

I'm fairly sure the new consoles have twitch streaming integrated, at least I know the Ps4 does.

For streaming off computer, OBS was the best bet I last checked (Couple of years ago) and there's tons of configuration guides out there.

https://obsproject.com/

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:55 am

Turbo wrote:Personally wouldnt bother with ps4. I have more fun in multiplayer and a vast total of my mates are xbox till I die.

Well, neither would I normally, but I barely touch my Xbox and the exclusives have been naff, whereas at the very least the PS4 has Bloodborne over there for me to drool over.

Jobdone wrote:I'm fairly sure the new consoles have twitch streaming integrated, at least I know the Ps4 does.

For streaming off computer, OBS was the best bet I last checked (Couple of years ago) and there's tons of configuration guides out there.

https://obsproject.com/

Aye, I found that yesterday, I may have a play around with it and do a few test sessions to get the audio right. Or maybe I just hate my own voice, it's hard to tell.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 am

I'm pretty sure there's not a person out there that likes their own voice. We got a guy on teamspeak that streams his league games while chatting to us and it's awful if you forget to mute the stream in time.