Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Turbo » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:33 am

Had my heart set on the i7 for a while and there isnt much price difference between the two as bundles. Only gripe is I think the bundles RAM at I think 8gb is a bit shit. Plus there was these green rams I saw so yeah turf those fucking factory ones out.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Chivalry is a hell of a lot of fun on Xbox one. I watched the game every now and then on twitch so bought it immediately. Only issues are my ultimate edition content not working and also the hits don't always register when you are even right in someones face stabbing them. It's frustrating but overall the game is excellent, even more so with a few friends.

Also I will be picking up dark cloud tonight on psn but fuck Sony and their money grabbing shit. Dark cloud would cost me more to play on ps2 which is why I'll buy it but Sony have dropped their console to third place behind the Xbox one and Wii U this year in my eyes, and although I don't trade in consoles and so will be keeping the ps4, I really won't be buying much more for it anymore.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Started Goat Simulator.

Finished Goat Simulator.

Basically four hours of game play and two of them are tedious. Had a lol or two but that was it.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:24 am

I have been tempted to buy it a few times but didn't see it lasting long, think I'll just leave it.

Dark cloud is still as good as the day it was released, just over 2 hours in I have made an awesome weapon by pure luck :lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:36 am

Hate the way the easiest achievements carry 90 or 100 gamerscore. Having had instancies of spending hours just for 20 on some games, getting a tonne for 2 minutes work is daft.

Consequently, for four hours gameplay I achieved 790G.

Edit: played the Mmoregoats expansion and started at the achievements that carried the most gamerscore. One 100G and three 90s...10 minutes gameplay.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:47 am

I played that game for about an hour

Turned into a satan goat, then found a jetpack and it bugged out and using the jetpack made it rain goat corpses.

Was pretty metal.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:03 pm

I do like the comments that the npcs make though even if it does sound like they were recorded with one of those pens with a microphone built in...which in itself is very black metal.

"Never stare a goat directly in the eye, never!"

And

"I was sacrificed by a goat once."

Funnier than anything on the game, including glitches and how the goat will land in ragdoll from being launched into the game wall in the sky.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:56 am

Could potentially have a couple of fuckers either up for COD or BF4 tomorrow evening. Will be the first time in fucking yonks since we can get a proper group going, and even today we had a 5 going on at COD. Sorta wish I could get us to tone it down a bit, and I would stream it but we're extremely bad people and particularly liable to offend.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:49 pm

The new update to GTA is genuinely depressing. 10million for a yacht when the absolute top payout in the game is a few hundred thousand. And that takes ages to get as its the 5th heist.
So I bought ark since it game out on early access on Xbox one today. I am bad at it, but I did manage to build a small house.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:38 pm

Yeah, I have no idea how you're supposed to even buy the golf course at £10M(?). A lot of people say you're supposed to play the stock market, investing in the relevant companies before you do wossname's missions, but that's no use to me when I've already done those missions, and replaying them doesn't have any bearing on the game. Sure you can do races and raid money vans and be a taxi service, but that is slow and tedious, two things GTA isn't supposed to be.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Yeah exactly. And tbh making $10million in single player is 10 times easier than in online :lol: its frustrating because they are clearly pushing the cash cards which I refuse to buy. I have no problem with them being there until they make things so expensive your only options are grind for weeks or buy money, and its been getting worse with each new update. It's nearly impossible to keep up now and its a shame because I have a ridiculous amount of play time in GTA online (must be approaching 30days at this point) and I still enjoy it from time to time.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:09 am

Hang around GTA5 on the 360 until you find a nice hacker cunt who spawns 22 million on your head (also a UFO and a windmill) go back to proper GTA5 and buy what you want.

Before you turn your nose up. I wanted the T20 and Zentorno and a new house. I got the bond car for shits and giggles but I must have spent 15million on ammunition going around annoying people. I also have a plane. Which I go around landing on people.

I cant fill a lobby for my last heist at all. I might require your assistance actually Mike.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:44 am

If you see me online feel free to join my party/invite me, I always have trouble finding players for heists as well. There's quite often 3 of us that know what we're doing and the 4th always seems to be hopeless :lol: also, can I go back to the 360 with my same character and bring him back to the one? I still have a 360 and all my games, including GTA...

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:43 am

Yknow, I have no idea. Aye ill drop in at some point.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:33 pm

So I've completed the Assassins Creed II / Brotherhood / Revelations trilogy and couldn't decide which new PS3 game to play next.

So I started playing Dark Souls II again and now I'm hooked. Again. :lol: