Next Announcement Thread

August 11-14, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement Thread

Postby Skippy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:28 pm

I much prefer Symphony X, but I'm absolutely baffled as to how they are higher up than Satyricon. The only thing I can think is that they've been given an hour because their songs are longer, or maybe Satyricon JUST want to do the full album then piss off with no extras. Either way its still strange.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:35 pm

Skippy wrote:I much prefer Symphony X, but I'm absolutely baffled as to how they are higher up than Satyricon. The only thing I can think is that they've been given an hour because their songs are longer, or maybe Satyricon JUST want to do the full album then piss off with no extras. Either way its still strange.

I think people are reading too much into the Line Up page on here as on the poster, Satyricon are higher up than Symphony X.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:47 am

Soze wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:Funny placings - FF below Paradise Lost....surely FF are bigger???

And Symphony X appear to have nudged Satyricon down one place. If that means Symphony X are in the 3rd from top slot, then it's way too high for them, although I'm kinda glad Satyricon got moved down, as it means they'll just play Nemesis Divina and not have time for any new rubbish!

Last album chart positions for each band

Fear Factory - 31
Paradise Lost - 51
Symphony X - 80
Satyricon - 129

Doesn't tell the whole story of course but there's a case for FF and PL being the wrong way around. FF have been consistently more popular throughout their career. Could just be logistics though. Symphony X have a bigger fan base than Satyricon (a lot of this forum seem to live in some alternate universe where black and death metal bands are actually really popular!) so that seems to make perfect sense to me.

Chart positions really don't count for much, as no one actually buys albums anymore.

For example, the last Cradle Of Filth album got to no.44 in the UK chart and the last Satyricon managed only 129. But despite these 85 places difference, last London gig for Cradle Of Filth was the Koko, and Satyricon played the similarly sized Scala.

Having played before in the special guest slot, and touring regularly over here and being popular with the BOA crowd, I would have definitely thought Satyricon are a bigger draw than Symphony X.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:28 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Chart positions really don't count for much, as no one actually buys albums anymore.

For example, the last Cradle Of Filth album got to no.44 in the UK chart and the last Satyricon managed only 129. But despite these 85 places difference, last London gig for Cradle Of Filth was the Koko, and Satyricon played the similarly sized Scala.

Having played before in the special guest slot, and touring regularly over here and being popular with the BOA crowd, I would have definitely thought Satyricon are a bigger draw than Symphony X.

So how do you all listen to music? I'd hate to think that everyone just torrents all their favourite stuff nowadays. I'm aware that music sales have taken a hit but have some morals people!

With respect to Satyricon/Cradle, that Satyricon tour was London-Manchester. Cradle's last UK tour was London-Bristol-Nottingham-Norwich-Woverhampton-Glasgow-Manchester. If Cradle had only played 1 other date outside of London I guarantee they'd have played a bigger venue than the KoKo.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Soze wrote:
So how do you all listen to music? I'd hate to think that everyone just torrents all their favourite stuff nowadays. I'm aware that music sales have taken a hit but have some morals people!

I hardly ever listen to torrents or streaming (certainly not illegal ones). But I rarely buy albums in the first few weeks of release. I reckon I've bought over 100 physical CDs this year, yet only a handful would be from 2015. And very few of those I did buy would be bothering the Top 500 slots in the chart. :lol:

I can't remember the last album that I pre-ordered or ran out to buy.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Typically I will use spotify, which I know is not that great for supporting bands. But what I tend to do is use spotify or youtube to find new bands and then go out and buy albums or merch or whatever of the bands that I find I really like.

I used to torrent everything, but I factory reset my laptop and haven't illegally acquired anything since. I don't plan to either. I'm happy enough using spotify/youtube/bandcamp to check new material out.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:18 am

Blake_Porter wrote:Typically I will use spotify, which I know is not that great for supporting bands. But what I tend to do is use spotify or youtube to find new bands and then go out and buy albums or merch or whatever of the bands that I find I really like.

I used to torrent everything, but I factory reset my laptop and haven't illegally acquired anything since. I don't plan to either. I'm happy enough using spotify/youtube/bandcamp to check new material out.

Pretty much what I do, I use youtube alot, but mostly listen to music e car so handy to have the cds!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:21 am

I'm also a bit baffled by the placement of both Symphony X above Satyricon and Fear Factory below Paradise Lost, ah well no big deal

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:28 am

Jay1993 wrote:Happy with this announcement :D Missed Fear Factory on their recent Demanufacture tour so this is a great chance to catch them!

Bloodstock also confirmed in the Facebook comments that Fear Factory will be doing Demanufacture :)

Exactly the same here!
Does anyone know whether they're actually playing Demanufactre in full? It said in the announcement they're playing their Demanufacture set, but this could be a special set that is dominated by songs from that album and certain tracks left out? Which was the case on the tour? Cheers and apoligies if I'm being dense and it's been said!

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Warlock wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Happy with this announcement :D Missed Fear Factory on their recent Demanufacture tour so this is a great chance to catch them!

Bloodstock also confirmed in the Facebook comments that Fear Factory will be doing Demanufacture :)

Exactly the same here!
Does anyone know whether they're actually playing Demanufactre in full? It said in the announcement they're playing their Demanufacture set, but this could be a special set that is dominated by songs from that album and certain tracks left out? Which was the case on the tour? Cheers and apoligies if I'm being dense and it's been said!

On the tour it was the whole album from start to finish followed up by Shock, Edgecrusher, and then tracks from the new album. But I can't believe they'll get long enough to do all that, so I would imagine it will either be just playing the whole of Demanufacture, or playing most of Demanufacture with a few tracks from other albums to close out.

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Maybe Fear Factory's set length will be similar that of Gojira's set in 2013, where they got 1 hour, despite being 4th from top, which is normally a 45 minute set.

In response to the balance of the genres in the line up so far, I am aware that there are a tonne of genres missing at the moment (melodeath, folk, trad/doom, death, grindcore, metalcore, hardcore, stoner/sludge, groove), but usually, by this point, there is a clear dominance of one particular genre beginning to emerge. At least the line up so far is balanced and not overly abundant of one type. It gives me hope that it will continue and most genres will be represented across the Main and SOPHIE stages when they begin to fill up
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Leemanruss wrote:metalcore, hardcore, stoner/sludge, groove

Hopefully they won't be represented at all, but I can't see that happening. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:metalcore, hardcore, stoner/sludge, groove

Hopefully they won't be represented at all, but I can't see that happening. :lol:

Who knows, miracles might start happening...
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:32 pm

When's the next announcement?!?!?! i'm getting impatient

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Same question was asked on the official FB page - no reply yet...
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!