Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:48 pm

Im playing AC Unity. Its still quite buggy but ignoring that and frame rates e.g. Synchronising viewpoints, its quite good. Plenty to do. I think the story is lacking a bit but the rift missions omg the fucking rift missions. I nearly came when I saw occupied Paris 1944. More than forgive the lack of present day missions which I felt broke up the previous games well, even if it meant playing as drippy Desmond fucking Miles.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:05 pm

I have been playing a butt load of The Giant on the new Black Ops. It's basically Der Riese but with a slight dusting of snow and it got me thinking about the original off World At War. So I am redownloading it. Best zombie map ever, going for a high round on it instead. Got to round 39 on boxing day so that's what I am aiming for.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Ark is incredibly addictive, I have now built 3 houses, a massive enclosure for our carnivore and a pretty impressive bridge. As far as tamed Dino's go, we have 2 trikes, 3 parasaurs, 4 giant toads (easily the fastest most fun land dino), 2 raptors, 2 carnos, 2 pteranodons, a megalodon, 2 sarcos (giant crocodile) a giant scorpion, a weird but anteater pig blob thing and a spino. Collection is coming on nicely.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:03 pm

I am in a posey of four at the moment but two more people are getting the game so it should be pretty mint. My mate has built the Turbo Pussy Palace for me to drop comprehensive collection of Stegosaurus shit in. We had a couple of raiders arrive at our entrance. Told them lot to fuck off and I got stoned off Narcoberries. Pretty eventful opening three hours of playing it.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:04 pm

:lol:
The game is just too addictive. We've been left alone so far but we did grow plants that attack people of they come near our base so that helps. Also our spino couldn't fit in the carnivore pen so it roams around the base with the trikes and sarcos

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:16 pm

We're right in the north of the map. Disadvantage is its always freezing up here. I have signposted my house up and its now two story. Signpost wouldn't allow pussy so I am thinking of renaming the pussy palace, to Turbo's Minge Mansion. We're allied up with our neighbours and everyone is against the Germans in the south. I got locked up by the clan leader for narcoberry abuse.

Server 326 is quite a hard place to live actually.

Yeah totally addictive I can see myself playing on this until 2am.

Edit: Two 2:30am finishes. Clocked 24 hours into two days. Not played a game like this for years. Turbos fanny palace is really taking shape and I tamed a dino and called it Fat Mikaela.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Third day in. War is upon us. Someone killed our clan leader so he's off on a skirmish. Im taming Pteranodon for frequent metal runs off our nearest mountain. We've spent way too much time on the base and not enough equipping ourselves for invasion. Sorting that tomorrow.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Completed another playthrough of Dark Souls II over the Christmas holiday with a pure strength build character (none of that spell casting/pyromancy nonsense this time).

I'm now playing Bioshock. It's a bit like Dead Space isn't it?

I crashed through the 1st level without too much trauma but the 2nd level is handing me a truck load of butt rape. The mobs are taking a lot of effort to kill and I'm running out of ammo. I feel like I've missed an opportunity to level up my weapons somewhere. :?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:38 am

I've really been getting into TrueAchievements and now TrueSteamAchievements.

They're websites based on giving achievements value based on how hard they are (based on what how many of the players of that game have earned the achievement). On TA it's a combination of the original gamerscore for the achievement and the ratio, on TSA it's just the ratio times the basescore of 10 (as steam has no gamerscore etc).

Also has tonnes of stats and stuff if you like stuff like that. Come join the sites so I have more than a few people to be all competitive and shit against :lol:

My Gamertag is TDA Danroush btw and steam name just Danroush
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:33 pm

If nothing else it was worth setting up for reminding me of a 9 day spell on FM2012 where I went from nothing to overachiever

https://truesteamachievements.com/winst ... art=310812

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:48 am

I think the Frenchies in our lobby have misunderstood this whole Ark game. They killed me and my mate, so they've declared war with the 9 of us. We're also allied with three other clans which mount to a further 30 because we're all English. So 39 out of the server maximum of 70. There is a sizable German clan here also who are not their allies, and were recently done over by just ONE of our allies (Reven - absolute beasts). Personally wouldn't want to be French at the moment. :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 pm

A naked man followed me around punching me and running away. I should have just killed him but I let him live since he didn't have any gear. I got into a fight with a titanoboa. I was knocked out. Naked guy stole all my gear and killed me. Trust no one.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Titanboas are dicks for that. We went on a mass cull as revenge after they pulled the poison trick once too many times, must've killed 20-30 of the buggers.

They quickly respawn though. :(
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Amount of looting going on is too damn high. Yeah titanboas are fucking dreadful. Always carry some white berries with you, it lessens the effect of the poison, but dehydrates you so also find water/carry a jar/pouch.

Trying to acquire cementing paste atm. Knocking around the swamp with frogs, such a dangerous place to be with crocs and titanboas and insects.

As for the Frenchies, well, they died. Bodies looted, base looted, metal raft destroyed. Left with nothing. Picked the wrong fight against sharptooth.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:14 am

Never played it myself cos I can't hack those survival games, but did listen to my mates play and recount one group almost going down the same way. Some dumb bastard killed a clans dinosaur (Biggest clan on the server, like 80% of the population) and then started chatting shit. His clan kicked him out immediately and started desperately apologising. :lol: