Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Haldamir319
Leather Rebel

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:52 am

Firewatch and Unravel have both just been released - I think I may have to pick both of them up, especially given the favourable reviews they are receiving.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Firewatch looks good, and has day one support of Linux, which is great. I'll definitely be picking that up. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:44 pm

When you are making tables and allocating places to put new things from the upcoming update and bosh, here it is. Making a beer barrel and a green house for those illegal bits as soon as this has updated. Ark is going to be such a beast game when its a full release. We also HAVE A FUCKING QUETS!!!!!! Its called Dio its purple and its nails. Back on the map with regards to collecting resources again feels good.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:19 pm

kanet666 wrote:Preparing for Dark Souls 3 by doing runs of the first two. Did the no bonfire run for DSII but I think no death may be beyond my current capabilities. I don't really die to the bosses but I keep doing dumb stuff by walking off of ledges, or I get invaded by someone looking for PVP. As someone who doesn't really enjoy PVP, and therefore doesn't set up for it, I tend to lose those invasions.

The Souls games are my go-to games anyway but I've been playing them all again recently as well.

I'm the same as you, I don't die often but enough to make it impossible playing the whole game without dying.

Most of the bosses aren't too difficult in DSII but I still have an enormous amount of trouble beating the Three Sentinels and the Bell Gargoyles solo. I always rely on summoning someone for those two.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:58 pm

So I bought Firewatch and played it through in about 5 hours. Very interesting game, but the ending let's it down a bit. It's a bit rushed imo. Still, if you see it at a good sale price, definitely worth picking up. Still enjoyable, despite the shortcoming.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:40 pm

gavdann wrote:
kanet666 wrote:Preparing for Dark Souls 3 by doing runs of the first two. Did the no bonfire run for DSII but I think no death may be beyond my current capabilities. I don't really die to the bosses but I keep doing dumb stuff by walking off of ledges, or I get invaded by someone looking for PVP. As someone who doesn't really enjoy PVP, and therefore doesn't set up for it, I tend to lose those invasions.

The Souls games are my go-to games anyway but I've been playing them all again recently as well.

I'm the same as you, I don't die often but enough to make it impossible playing the whole game without dying.

Most of the bosses aren't too difficult in DSII but I still have an enormous amount of trouble beating the Three Sentinels and the Bell Gargoyles solo. I always rely on summoning someone for those two.

Yeah, DSII's bosses are humanoid and I find that makes them much easier to deal with. Got much further in a no death run today before it spawned an NPC whilst I was battling a horde of enemies. NPC's in that game are the worst.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Fucking Dark Souls fucking piece of shit cunt fuck OH LOOK A RANDOM NEW ATTACK ANIMATION THAT IS SHORTER OR LONGER and it's all on me I should've just watched him a couple of times before trying to attack BUT FUCK DARK SOULS fucking shit fuck shit over the top damage wank pile.

I started playing Dark Souls 2 today.

It reminded me that I hate that game and also myself for dying so much.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Division dark zone is fun as fuck!

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:36 am

In order to keep up with my tradition of getting into stuff years after other people I bought XCom: Enemy Unknown.

I really wish you could undo moves at times :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:57 am

Still in my post Xcom 2 haze where I'm not sure what the play.

Did a bit of The Division on the weekend and it seems my kind of thing. Grinding with constant loot upgrades and bosses and shit. Dunno if I £50 fancy it tho.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Three dinos killed by griefers. I came out on spino. The end.

When I was taming him I asked what is the spino good for. The answer is killing. Absolutely stood no chance. My second favorite dino.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:00 am

Getting increasingly further in my quest to do a no death/no bonfire run on Dark Souls II. Got one-shotted by a curving Mirror Knight bolt this time :x . Played a bit of Rocket League to calm myself down :lol:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:22 pm

kanet666 wrote:Getting increasingly further in my quest to do a no death/no bonfire run on Dark Souls II. Got one-shotted by a curving Mirror Knight bolt this time :x . Played a bit of Rocket League to calm myself down :lol:

Wow! I guess you mean the Looking Glass Knight. That's pretty close to the end of the game so well done.

I still find him an easier boss than the Belfry Gargoyles though. Are you doing all of the optional bosses or speed running it? Having 4 of those bastards bearing down on you at the same time is a knightmare (see what I did there).

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:25 pm

gavdann wrote:
kanet666 wrote:Getting increasingly further in my quest to do a no death/no bonfire run on Dark Souls II. Got one-shotted by a curving Mirror Knight bolt this time :x . Played a bit of Rocket League to calm myself down :lol:

Wow! I guess you mean the Looking Glass Knight. That's pretty close to the end of the game so well done.

I still find him an easier boss than the Belfry Gargoyles though. Are you doing all of the optional bosses or speed running it? Having 4 of those bastards bearing down on you at the same time is a knightmare (see what I did there).

Done it today, no deaths, no bonfires, much clench.

I wouldn't say speedrunning, as in areas such as Shrine of Amana I took my time and made sure I didn't get grouped upon, but yeah, path of least resistance. There's no point adding optional bosses in there with the run at stake.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:47 pm

kanet666 wrote:Done it today, no deaths, no bonfires, much clench.

I wouldn't say speedrunning, as in areas such as Shrine of Amana I took my time and made sure I didn't get grouped upon, but yeah, path of least resistance. There's no point adding optional bosses in there with the run at stake.

Absolutely. Congrats.

Did you play it offline or run the risk of those troublesome invaders?