Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby kanet666 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:53 pm

gavdann wrote:
kanet666 wrote:Done it today, no deaths, no bonfires, much clench.

I wouldn't say speedrunning, as in areas such as Shrine of Amana I took my time and made sure I didn't get grouped upon, but yeah, path of least resistance. There's no point adding optional bosses in there with the run at stake.

Absolutely. Congrats.

Did you play it offline or run the risk of those troublesome invaders?

Yeah, I tried online but occasionally you get invaded by a hacker or just invaded when you're already in a bit of a tricky spot. That said, the NPC invaders can still be a massive pain the arse.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Finally got to ride in a car on DayZ: SA. Just keep rollin' rollin' rollin'
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:51 pm

I dunno whether to get Rocket League for xbox one. I already have it lined up on the PC. I think it's probably going to be a 2 hour game really once I have got reasonable at it and won some lost some. I can't see it having enough longevity to warrant cross platforming. Only Ark will get that luxury so far.

DayZ I may get for PC too. Not a fat lot of stuff I want for xbone atm.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:48 pm

Turbo wrote:I dunno whether to get Rocket League for xbox one. I already have it lined up on the PC. I think it's probably going to be a 2 hour game really once I have got reasonable at it and won some lost some. I can't see it having enough longevity to warrant cross platforming. Only Ark will get that luxury so far.

I play it on PC, I think the Xbone has some exclusive cars and things, but Microsoft set the price so DLC will be more expensive. It's good fun though, and I'd recommend getting the game regardless of platform. if you get it on PC I'd be up for a few games at some point.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:39 am

Superhot is the most innovative shooter I've played in years

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Really want to try Superhot, looks so good! Finally finished Undertale the other day, amazing. :D

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:07 pm

I so d NOT have the time for X-Com 2 right now. I'm stoically NOT buying it right now. Maybe in a few months...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Finally got into Far Cry, playing 3 and already bought the Gold Edition of 4. That fucking moment when I finally got hold of some boars so I could hold more than a pitiful handful of ammo at once was glorious, even if I had to battle through tigers and leopards to get there.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

It's Division daaaay

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Danroush wrote:Finally got into Far Cry, playing 3 and already bought the Gold Edition of 4. That fucking moment when I finally got hold of some boars so I could hold more than a pitiful handful of ammo at once was glorious, even if I had to battle through tigers and leopards to get there.

Im likely to dnf the first one. Its so dull. Hoping things pick up a bit in Far Cry 2.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Turbo wrote:
Danroush wrote:Finally got into Far Cry, playing 3 and already bought the Gold Edition of 4. That fucking moment when I finally got hold of some boars so I could hold more than a pitiful handful of ammo at once was glorious, even if I had to battle through tigers and leopards to get there.

Im likely to dnf the first one. Its so dull. Hoping things pick up a bit in Far Cry 2.

Just jump to 3, it's great :P

Got ambushed by tigers again but now I have the best ammo pouch so don't care, worth it. I also got the shit scared out of me when I briefly went into the water to escape some enemy guys and a fucking aligator attacked me out of nowhere :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Aye might do.

I got called earlier by the guy in charge in our ark clan. Seemed a bit urgent, so I didn't pick up and I am not returning the call. I don't wish to hear that our base has been taken over by French people or worse.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Bet he just accidentally ate a giant dino turd and needed you to wake him up.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:34 pm

WorMzy wrote:Bet he just accidentally ate a giant dino turd and needed you to wake him up.

Hahaha if only. Large dino poos will nigh on kill you if you eat them. Yeah would make me laugh if he was asking me to bring stims. :lol: Nah I think its something catastrophic like our allies have been done over and we're next. It is kinda pissing me off really because when we were getting our sea pen fucked over it became apparent without our spino how absolutely hopeless we are at pvp. Yet, that was 2 weeks ago and he's still playing the game pve. He wants to breed raptors, I want to craft rocket launchers. He's the boss.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:28 am

The Divisions alright.

Not amazing, but decent for a cheeky bit of cover based shooter grinding with loot upgrades.