Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Bisset » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:10 am

Turbo wrote:At least its a Sabaton shirt. Van Canto are as your kind would say...'pish.' :D

I have a soft spot for Van Canto (hence the shirt) - They're actually very good song writers but most of their songs would be better with, y'know, instruments.

TG for today - Can't get a poxy prompt away from a package launch. Fuck you Winzip
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:14 pm

Bisset wrote:I have a soft spot for Van Canto (hence the shirt) - They're actually very good song writers but most of their songs would be better with, y'know, instruments.

My biggest problem with them is that they don't do it live. When you've structured your whole identity around a bunch of people creating songs using only their voices, singing along to a backing track just isn't good enough.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:38 pm

They covered Manowar for which I cannot forgive. You don't have the right to cover that which is true.

Tg: being sucked into someone elses bullshit feud. Basically two mates not talking to each other and I am mates with both of them and I don't really want to feel like I am either one or the others mate. Ones not making that much of a big deal about it but the other is alienating himself and he's making it seem as if we're deffing him off or whatever. There are people I don't like, I am not going to tell mutual friends to stop hanging around with them. Children.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:49 am

my hair is in such shit condition i'm actually almost too embarrassed to go to the hairdressers :|

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Slept shit
Up early
Been everywhere norf today to the tune of a 400 mile round trip.
Jaded. Very jaded.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:00 pm

I slept shit, no appetite today but forced myself to have something. Definitely not like me, normally I can eat for England.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Also slept shit. Third day running. Braaaaaains.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Is this a grumble? I'm not sure. But today I went to our hazardous waste contractors for a site visit. They've got a contract with HMRC to destroy confiscated booze. Watching an entire pallet of Tyskie get shredded was... painful.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:06 am

Really upsets me because there are people in the midlands dying of sobriety. All that beer, such a waste.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:59 pm

I fought a door and the door won.

Successfully punched a door frame while walking by it because apparently I flail my limbs around like a drunken gibbon when walking. The blood is still seeping through a thick bandage.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Having had to use up all my annual leave over the past couple of months, I thought I'd try and scrape some extra pennies on top of basic salary by requesting a long day Good Friday, because what even is Good Friday. Kindly was given long days Easter Sunday and Monday too, but being the only qualified staff on at some points I'm pretty sure it's gonna kill me off, while everyone else is posting sunny bank holiday pics. Think of the money... :coffee:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:53 pm

My digestive system is being a dick again. I think what I need is an epic fart but I am afraid I might accidentally poo myself. In the middle of the airport is not ideal.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:13 am

The clock change is messing me up more than it usually does. Woke up at 10am. This is not going to help when I have to wake up at 6am tomorrow.

Also I have a half-cold - a feeble under-the-weather thing. Part of me wants it to develop properly, or not bother at all. Can't be arsed with only feeling 'slightly' shit for a week. Just fuck off.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:49 am

Tired, got a cough, headache coming on. Meh. Though where I thought my legs were kaputt they're holding out rather well.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 pm

We've got a new support worker and she's one of those proper old-school, been doing it forever "I am what I am" gobby types. I get the feeling she takes things I say the wrong way as she keeps making these little comments like I'm some princess bossing her about because, as she pointed out, she's from a council estate and I'm not. I'm not going to justify myself to her but I'm hardly from a wealthy background and despite speaking reasonably properly I'm sure you southerners would say I'm not exactly posh either. There seems to be some kind of inverted snobbery thing in healthcare that has always made me feel like I don't fit in properly because I don't sing along to Justin Bieber and talk about reality TV.