Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby Turbo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:39 pm

I have these perferated (I really don't know how to spell this word so sorry) ones. I am told that they allow air to my eyes. I have despite hating doing so wear glasses when I don't need my contacts in. Im not having too many problems at the moment. I was just over wearing them. Sure there are days its just not possible to rest your eyes but if your knocking around home don't wear them.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Turbo wrote:perferated (I really don't know how to spell this word so sorry)

The Internet is in many ways a wonderful place these days. If you search for "perferated" in Google, it will return the correct spelling for you. No need to find a dictionary, or a dictionary web site.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Brendancoles » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:15 pm

jwh20 wrote:Not being able to see Dirkscheider or Incantation next week, and annoyed having failed over the last few days to sell the tickets. Got a funeral on Wednesday which is infinitely more important, but being down £40 sucks - my dad needs to shift his for Dirkschneider as well.

Checked trains and there's no way I'd be able to get to Weymouth after Dirkschneider either. Probably for the best to be honest.

Shit about the Funeral and missing the gigs but nice to see someone else from Weymouth on here!

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm from Slough but most of my family lives in Portland still. I noticed there's a megabus at 5:30 am from London but I think if I mentioned that to my mum there'd be two funerals that day.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Tet wrote:
Turbo wrote:perferated (I really don't know how to spell this word so sorry)

The Internet is in many ways a wonderful place these days. If you search for "perferated" in Google, it will return the correct spelling for you. No need to find a dictionary, or a dictionary web site.

Ah I am on my phone atm, being lazy as hell.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:11 pm

I dunno, searching google for seemingly innocent words or phrases has never ended well in the past.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:33 pm

WorMzy wrote:I dunno, searching google for seemingly innocent words or phrases has never ended well in the past.

I'll just leave this here...

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:20 am

a few normal people I know have recently developed into militant vegans, like it's some sort of disease, and the worst kind who use hashtags and post cutesy photos of animals titles 'Don't eat us you sick fuck!' etc.
Might have just gone off on one a bit on someone elses timeline, incoming facebook shitstorm. :rolleyes:

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:57 am

I've seen that but with politics rather than food. Invariably it's guys trying to get laid. Would explain the sudden 180 turn in some people.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Knew a guy that turned vegan for his missus. At one point having some huge argument with me that turned into retarded shit like "OH SO WE SHOULD EAT PEOPLE WITH DOWNS SYNDROME COS THEY'RE NOT AS SMART AS NORMAL HUMANS".

Missus dumped him.

He was eating meat feast pizzas again within 2 weeks.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah this particular person has Borderline Personality Disorder, so there's a bit more reasoning to the sudden 180 and trying to impress people within her new chosen clique. But it's not really nice to wake up to someone exclaiming that they think you're a 'sick fuck' and more than anything it's damaging to the cause.
It's the same people who give feminism a bad name

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 pm

update: shit has well and truly hit the fan.

Having a feeling i'll be getting blocked any minute now

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:49 pm

If they're on some kind of disorder spectrum then that'd explain it, without wanting to be insensitive or owt.

Jobdone wrote:Knew a guy that turned vegan for his missus. At one point having some huge argument with me that turned into retarded shit like "OH SO WE SHOULD EAT PEOPLE WITH DOWNS SYNDROME COS THEY'RE NOT AS SMART AS NORMAL HUMANS".

Missus dumped him.

He was eating meat feast pizzas again within 2 weeks.

Standard story. I'll be fair, being exposed to new perspectives through your partner is healthy but getting manipulated or at least feeling an unspoken obligation to appease someone (self-righteous but a total mess) by agreeing with them lock-step really isn't. I've seen guys adopt a very contrived preachy attitude that always needs an audience but the girl ends up resenting and dumping him. Oh look, the old them is back again.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:11 pm

Yeah, general relationship stuff mixed up with new ideals tends to lead to these extreme turnarounds.

As a counter example, I've got a mate whose been vegan for like 3/4 years at this point for moral reasons, and you wouldn't know if not for him occasionally turning down a burger.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Jobdone wrote:Yeah, general relationship stuff mixed up with new ideals tends to lead to these extreme turnarounds.

As a counter example, I've got a mate whose been vegan for like 3/4 years at this point for moral reasons, and you wouldn't know if not for him occasionally turning down a burger.

Only occasionally? So quite partial to a burger the rest of the time? :D
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?