Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Bisset » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:13 pm

I need to get overwatch and grab your battlenet IDs, you have no choice (unless you're playing on a console)

Also after 3 characters (all low level) I finally understand Elder Scrolls online, nothing wrong with a heavy armour wearing archer if you want, or a Dragonknight with a healing staff :P
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:21 pm

PC master race and all that malarky like. Give us a shout when you get it.

And yeah, for Fan the Hammer either nerf the damage or give it a CD. Can still put down a squishy, which is fine Tracer/Reapers/etc do need hard counters, but can't rinse a Reinhardt/Roadhog in 2 buttons and 2 right clicks.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:08 am

Battlefield 1.

I am moist.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Turbo wrote:Battlefield 1.

I am moist.

Livestream was cringey as fuck but it looks good, gameplay is a lot faster than I was expecting, was kinda hoping it would be more like Red Orchestra style, as apposed to BF4 with a world war skin, but its EA so wasn't going to hold my breath.

Skyrim remaster looks brilliant, really not arsed about anything else from Bethesda

Roll on the big guns today, lets see how badly Microsoft do this e3

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:06 pm

Only thing I was really looking forward to was the South Park game from yesterdays Ubisoft conference. "The Shattered but Whole." For fuck sake I was in tears. :lol: :lol: :lol: Its looking nice. Bit of chat about the AC movie that I was interested in, then some shit as fuck boring skiing game. Watch Dogs has taken a hell of a step down from the way it looked from PC feed to the PS4 feed we were getting yesterday. I shall not be buying that for console...at all.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:48 am

Colour me intrigued by Zelda: Skyrim Edition

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:22 am

Dead by Daylight is bloody good fun.

Simple concept, but made good by mechanics. One killer vs 4 people trying to turn on 5 generators to get to an exit. Sounds silly, but you add in great sound design, some cool looking monster killers and general fear and it's cracking good fun.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:34 am

In my usual standard of buying games longer after their release I picked up Dying Light. Looking forward to playing this.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 pm

I have Overwatch on PC if anyone is down. I mostly play healer/tank, although I do a decent Pharah.

I'm still practicing with some other characters, like Hanzo and McCree, but I'm warming to Hanzo especially.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:15 pm

VizardAmata wrote:I have Overwatch on PC if anyone is down. I mostly play healer/tank, although I do a decent Pharah.

I'm still practicing with some other characters, like Hanzo and McCree, but I'm warming to Hanzo especially.

If anyone wants to add me I'm on Starchild#2125

Tried out competitive yesterday. It is an absolute mess. The sudden death system is complete rubbish and just hands the victory to whoever was lucky enough to get on the right side of the coin toss, and it looks like the MMR exp is broken on the KOTH maps, which are best of 5 for no reason whatsoever, meaning you have to pray that the repeated maps are the ones your team had the advantage for,
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:27 pm

Currently 3w/3l on Competitive in my placements. It's been weird at the moment, most of them were stomps either side, except for a KOTH that went 2/2 and then we got rinsed by double Zayra cos people wouldn't stop shooting the fucking shields and charging them.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:39 pm

kanet666 wrote:If anyone wants to add me I'm on Starchild#2125

Cool beans, I'm procrastinating at work right now but I'll post my battletag later.

Haven't tried Competitive yet, sounds awful from what you guys have said. Sounds like it needed more development time, to be honest.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Nah it's fun enough, and I havent' seen sudden death, it's just always the same with placement games in any game where the skill levels are so outta whack that it's generally ends up being stomps either side.

I remember when League of Legends reset all of it's ELO. You had diamond players in games with bronzes constantly towards the start. Sent shit crazy for a while.

Oh ai, and battletag Socraincha#2785 is anyone wants it

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 pm

Oh so it's that people haven't been assigned placements yet?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Yeah, you've gotta play 10 games to get your first ranking number. I think those games are partially balanced around quick play MMR but I'm not sure.

After those games you start playing people in and around your rank and you eventually find your proper rank after a shit load of games.

I'm very excited for people to start complaining about ELO hell.