The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
mathewxentrix88
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:38 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Guess I need to get this off my chest, probably leave myself open to attack somehow but whatever.

So on Saturday after a heavy day of drinking we end up at our favourite club night and our mate's colleague (whom I've met before) turns up and from hazy recollection, after finding ourselves tongue wrestling I end up back at hers, as you do.

The intimacy and affection in the morning was just so lovely, it's bowled me over. I'd forgotten how intoxicating it is. Been in a haze all week, can't concentrate, very different mood and sense of enjoyment/creativity. Sunday hangover was brutal so that may have played a part as well.

She's smart, not sure about overlap of interests aside from general intellectual curiosity. Also the big thing is she's like, 35-40, pushing that maybe? Great body for her age though. Then I saw her in the kitchen light and her age showed a bit more, and I was thinking hmm, I dunno. I know that's mean.

Not sure whether to pursue it any further than our polite short text exchange on Monday. I need to figure out what I want. Even just closure or something.

The last bit is the important bit-"i need to figure out what i want".Only YOU can decide whether to pursue it any further.What i can definitely say you shouldn't do is start dating her because you are worried she might feel used as a one night stand or whatever.Just think about it and be honest with yourself-and to her.Good luck anyway.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:48 pm

I can't be the only one thinking the obvious here; why don't you ask her out on a date? (try and make it non-alcoholic) then you can find out if you do actually like her.
At the moment you're relying on the memories of feeling half drunk and fuzzy/ sex afterglow and it's not really enough to go on to establish how you actually feel about someone.
If you have true feelings for someone, age won't matter.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:25 pm

You're not.

I know it's a cliché, but....

I would just go with the flow. She may not even want to know or she might just be up for a bit of company/fun.

Age difference shouldn't really come into it in these circumstances. I'm guessing you're in your mid 20s? Going with a woman ten years or so older isn't that big a deal IMO. It's not like she's Caroline Flack and you're Harry Styles. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Plus if she's proper fucking minted you should be getting something in the way of inheritance when she pegs it.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Damn son, you got a sugar momma?
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Haha, nah she pays about the same rent as me but on the crumbly top floor of some grand old lady's house.

Not feeling guilty so much, doubt she's holding her breath given how it happened but yeah, the sober date thing was what I was thinking, if I do anything. Maybe I'm just a big sap and I need a proper night's sleep.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:07 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Haha, nah she pays about the same rent as me but on the crumbly top floor of some grand old lady's house.

Not feeling guilty so much, doubt she's holding her breath given how it happened but yeah, the sober date thing was what I was thinking, if I do anything. Maybe I'm just a big sap and I need a proper night's sleep.

It's going to be far worse not doing anything and spending forever wondering "what if?" than just pursuing something. If she says no, then it was never meant to be and you've not lost anything.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Seeing her tomorrow at some festival in town.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:08 am

NeglectedField wrote:Seeing her tomorrow at some festival in town.

Aw yiss just see what happens.

If everything is awful then yeah life is awful anyway so it makes sense and if it aint then yeah fun times.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Went to a pub for lunch instead because of the rain. It was pleasant enough talking about whatever but nah, don't fancy her as much as I thought, no real chemistry this time and not much common ground so I didn't bother with a second drink, made the standard excuses. She appreciated it but yeah, just relieved I can move on.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Spent a majority of yesterday with this girl! I think it went alright, we went Five Guys (first time I have ever been), then went for a beer and a walk with her through the a park in Solihull. Today she asks me if I want to go to a museum which we will do either week after BOA or week after that in London! I have kind of shocked myself how well this is going so far. I am probably going to counter that with a food date she likes food lets do food!

I am pretty happy right now :D

Update: bit the bullet, she accepted we're fooding! Extremely happy now, praying I don't fuck this up!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:25 pm

:yes:

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:45 am

Good lad! :yes: Hope it goes well :)
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Boner guy came by today to see me - I was having a nap though. Apparently he wants to ask me out on a date to the cinema. He also called me a "pretty princess".

Halp

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:39 pm

fluffymoo wrote:Boner guy came by today to see me - I was having a nap though. Apparently he wants to ask me out on a date to the cinema. He also called me a "pretty princess".

Halp

Tell him you're not interested, and if he persists, get tough.