Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Noodle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:54 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Rollcage?! I'm in!

Have you seen the spiritual successor GRIP?

Here you go:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/rollcage

You're after "Rollcage Redux"

I still haven't played GRIP as I am yet to give Money-Drain... Er, Steam my money details. I've heard good things about it though.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:25 am

Finished Skyrim finally (As much as you can considering the game just keeps happening)

Enjoyable, but found myself getting burnt out on fetch quests and side quests in the end and realised I needed to finish it or I never would.

Bit of a disappointment tbh. Enjoyed the rest of the game, but considering you just killed the big bad, going back and some fella going "Yep, you sure fucked him over. Well. Catch you in a bit. We got dragon shit to do" was a massive fucking let down.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Last Guardian was fucking awful! They used camera angles from the PS1/PS2 era and it makes the game unplayable. Half the time you can't see yourself as the camera angles are atrocious and then you've got Trico taking up most of the screen as well! I give up with it after a couple of hours as it was too frustrating.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Final Fantasy XV is very good though :D Played it for about 15 hours and have been impressed so far.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Killing_time wrote:Last Guardian was fucking awful! They used camera angles from the PS1/PS2 era and it makes the game unplayable. Half the time you can't see yourself as the camera angles are atrocious and then you've got Trico taking up most of the screen as well! I give up with it after a couple of hours as it was too frustrating.

Well I finally bought a PS4 last month and what was the first game I played? The Resident Evil remaster. You'd hate it!

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:06 pm

I would hate it,Bought Bully a while back for the PS4 because i'd never played it on PS2 and it was unplayable! The camera angles are just awful. Obviously at the time of the PS1 and PS2 it didn't seem like a problem but as gaming has advanced so much it's very difficult to go back and play them.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:24 pm

It only took me about 15 minutes to adjust and it was a lot easier when I switched the controls to alternative. The original setting mode was fucked up. I kept turning and running straight in to danger as originally left or right had to be from the perspective of the character, not necessarily from the viewing angle of the player.

Games were generally a lot harder in the PS1/PS2 days though and I love that. I like tough, single player games which challenge and frustrate the hell out of me. I remember spending nearly 2 weeks trying to beat one bastard of a Colossus in "Shadow of the Colossus" in hard time attack. And then playing and re-playing Ico countless times, to crack a speed run trophy in less than 2 hours.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Loving Wolfenstein The New Order.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Picked up Steep and Watch Dogs 2 for £25 each as refused to buy them at full price on release.

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:43 am

Killing_time wrote:refused to buy them at full price on release.

:lol: Yeah snap! I hardly ever pay full price for new releases. There are too many other great games to play anyway.

I've just finished playing/walking through Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Less of a game, more of an interactive story but very engaging and a great PS+ freebie.

My PS3 has just had a new laser so I'm going to finish my Hitman Absolution play through and then hit up Batman Arkham Knight. Also bought Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition from PS Store for £25 which was a bit of a bargain so that'll give us a bit of mindless shoot 'em up fun over Xmas. :yes:

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:05 pm

So, I'm horrendously out of practice with next gen games. My last console was an old shape PS2...

I've decided I am some of the way towards buying the PS4 slim based on The Last Guardian (despite people warning of terrible camera and controls. That's a typical Ueda thing I can learn to overcome) after the price comes down (what happened to games costing £39.99 at release?) I now need a small list of other games to help justify the purchase.

I have no interest in shooters or massive multiplayers.
I would probably prefer RPGs I can just waste time in (I love FF 7 and 10), possibly some puzzlers or casual fun games.

What games should I seriously consider?
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Noodle wrote:So, I'm horrendously out of practice with next gen games. My last console was an old shape PS2...

I've decided I am some of the way towards buying the PS4 slim based on The Last Guardian (despite people warning of terrible camera and controls. That's a typical Ueda thing I can learn to overcome) after the price comes down (what happened to games costing £39.99 at release?) I now need a small list of other games to help justify the purchase.

I have no interest in shooters or massive multiplayers.
I would probably prefer RPGs I can just waste time in (I love FF 7 and 10), possibly some puzzlers or casual fun games.

What games should I seriously consider?

If you are going straight from the PS2 then i'm sure you'll have no problems with the camera angles in The Last Guardian!

The Witcher 3 is a must have and seeing as you can get the game of the year edition with both expansions for around £25 it's a steal.

I'd recomend Skyrim special edition as well and you can get that for about £25 as well.

Dragon Age Inquisition was pretty good although when The Witcher 3 came out Dragon Age was left in dust. You can get it for really cheap now(Around £15) so i'd say buy it if you love RPG's and want more of that genre as it's worth the price.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Many thanks! Plenty to mull over

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:50 pm

So I bought Skyrim on offer around Black Friday thinking I won't enjoy this. I have been hooked from the outset, but I had got the cheap version of the game no dlc preparing for the worst. So I just bought Skyrim Special Edition, nowhere near completing the game and I understand this comes with the dlc (worth £21 on steam). So I am going to finish off the rest of this game on the remastered copy. Sorted!

gavdann
Leather Rebel

Postby gavdann » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Turbo wrote:So I bought Skyrim on offer around Black Friday thinking I won't enjoy this. I have been hooked from the outset, but I had got the cheap version of the game no dlc preparing for the worst. So I just bought Skyrim Special Edition, nowhere near completing the game and I understand this comes with the dlc (worth £21 on steam). So I am going to finish off the rest of this game on the remastered copy. Sorted!

I sunk over 100 hours in to Skyrim but Bethesda had big problems porting the DLC to PS3 originally. By the time it finally got a release I'd moved on to something else. Great game though.

Santa got me Uncharted 4 so I've been playing that. Another classic in the series! :yes: