Stage Times

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Stage Times

Postby robin8585 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:41 pm

houston4044 wrote:Also the main stage now opens at 10:45? Unless it's to give stagehands a little extra change over time I can't see what it's being used for

Same as last year. Means every mainstage band gets at least a 40 minute set now.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:01 pm

houston4044 wrote:Two things caught my eye, AA and Megadeth are due on 45 minutes after the sub headliner yet Ghost are on an hour after Kreator, do we think that means a bigger/more elaborate stage show?

There is also a band announcement between Kreator and Ghost....but surely that won't take too long?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Skippy wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Two things caught my eye, AA and Megadeth are due on 45 minutes after the sub headliner yet Ghost are on an hour after Kreator, do we think that means a bigger/more elaborate stage show?

There is also a band announcement between Kreator and Ghost....but surely that won't take too long?

I reckon it's due to their stage show, plus I imagine the 20 nuns who won the competition will have to have a briefing of some sort!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:05 am

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:21 am

Been updating my list, still needs the Signing tent times and the set times for the Serpent's Lair!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:21 am

Skippy wrote:

N I G H T W I S H

9 letters - 5 minutes for each to appear on the screens. :P

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:54 am

bloodblind wrote: the best New blood band Nordjevel clash with Blind Guardian.

Just watch Blind Guardian, caught Nordjevel in London a few months ago and they really weren't that good, they're far better on record than live.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 am

Jay1993 wrote:
I reckon it's due to their stage show, plus I imagine the 20 nuns who won the competition will have to have a briefing of some sort!

:lol: I missed this, definitely have to watch Ghost now :lol:

bloodfiend wrote: the best New blood band Nordjevel clash with Blind Guardian.

Go for the band that is more of a rarity, had to make this kind of decision plenty of times before, and if all things considered you can't decide, think of who you will be less likely to see again :yes:

robin8585 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Also the main stage now opens at 10:45? Unless it's to give stagehands a little extra change over time I can't see what it's being used for

Same as last year. Means every mainstage band gets at least a 40 minute set now.

I Should of looked that up... :eyes:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am

houston4044 wrote:

Go for the band that is more of a rarity, had to make this kind of decision plenty of times before, and if all things considered you can't decide, think of who you will be less likely to see again :yes:

I didn't say that, you're quoting the thing I quoted.

Nordjevel played London only a few months ago, and I imagine will play again soon, so actually Blind Guardian would be more of the rarity for me; especially if BG play all of Imaginations, which would be a performance I'm unlikley to see again.

Although worryingly BG reverted to a standard set with only 3 Imaginations songs in their last gig:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gu ... 53518.html

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 am

This forum should have spoiler tags!

Blind Guardian have done a surprising number of UK shows recently. In 2015 they had their standard show in London on the tour to promote the latest album, then shockingly came back a year later and did a full UK tour for the first time in their nearly 30 year history. Previously it had been one show in London or an appearance at Bloodstock, then they were suddenly playing in Nottingham and Glasgow. Until 2015 I'd been waiting nearly ten years to see them and it wasn't until I'd moved to the south of England that I finally got the chance to see them. Then a year later they finally do a UK tour a year later after years of me moaning that they won't do anything other than a one-off in London or at Bloodstock. I'd wanted them to go to Glasgow for so long then they finally do it when I move to Reading. :rolleyes:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:50 am

Black Wizard wrote:
Blind Guardian have done a surprising number of UK shows recently. In 2015 they had their standard show in London on the tour to promote the latest album, then shockingly came back a year later and did a full UK tour for the first time in their nearly 30 year history.

But prior to the 2015 show, the last time they had played London was 5 years earlier. And I had no interest in going to either the 2015 or 2016 shows as I found Beyond The Red Mirror dull as fuck, and don't like their previous 3 albums either.

The point is *this show* is a rarity cos they'll (hopefully) be playing the whole of Imaginations, which massively elevates it above the normal production line BG live set, and if we were just getting that, I'd go to see Nordjevel instead.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:06 am

The Nordjevel Blind Guardian clash is the worst for me too. But I've got to pick BG.
However, looking at the length of that last set they did (looks similar to Bloodstock's 1h), I wouldn't be sure they will do imaginations in full, perhaps they changed their mind and will stick with a standard festival set. A 'best of' set would make sense for a festival with no other power metal on the bill.

I wouldn't mind as I usually don't like full album sets from anyone (though imaginations is so good, I would be okay with it).
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:12 am

Black Wizard wrote:I'll have to miss Dakesis for Kreator sadly.

I'll have to miss Kreator for Dakesis, sadly. Worse, I missed them in Wacken on Saturday, safe in the knowledge that I'd be able to see them at Bloodstock :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:13 am

i0th wrote:Yeah hoping Serpent's Lair times come out today, last chance I'll get to print my stuff is Tuesday but I'm in a meeting all day so today would be better.

While I'll have time until thursday morning, the sooner the better, so I can plot!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:14 am

bloodfiend wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

I didn't say that, you're quoting the thing I quoted.

Nordjevel played London only a few months ago, and I imagine will play again soon, so actually Blind Guardian would be more of the rarity for me; especially if BG play all of Imaginations, which would be a performance I'm unlikley to see again.

Although worryingly BG reverted to a standard set with only 3 Imaginations songs in their last gig:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blind-gu ... 53518.html

As good as Imaginations... in full would be, I wouldn't complain at that setlist.