Next announcement

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:21 am

Tet wrote:So, currently 75 minutes after the announcement and nothing on the forum yet. Place your bets. How long do we think it'll be before they can be bothered to announce it here?

Obligatory comment: literally nothing for me in today's announcement.

Bit harsh... 21 minutes.... :P

Hotchilidog
Powermetal Child

Postby Hotchilidog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:26 am

Good announcement for me. Power Trip a no brainer but A Forest of Stars and Conjurer are great additions too. Heard good things about Alien Weaponry so will check them out, not heard of the other two but I am pleased with this one.

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 am

Not bad. Pleased with Power Trip, and after updating the clashfinder some of the new 2nd stage placements have helped to remove some potential clashes. Still wondering who's going to headline Thursday though

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:55 am

Haldamir319 wrote:Bit harsh... 21 minutes.... :P

Ahhh, I was being lazy and going by the time on your post above, which implied the announcement was at 10:00. But no, it was just the forum not using daylight saving time. Either way, 20 minutes is still too long. Can you imagine the reaction if they announced things here first and waited 20 minutes before posting it to Facebook and Twitter?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 am

I have no idea who any of them are.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am

Quite shit for me. I like Forest of Stars and I don't mind Conjurer, but the rest is really shit. The Sunday in particular is looking pretty bad on the Sophie.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Couple of decent ones there, AFOS and PT. I was already sold though.

I would love the last big-ish band to be iced earth.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Pretty good announcement for me

A Forest of Stars and Power Trip are both decent for me and after having a listen on Spotify I will be giving both Forgotten Remains and Alien Weaponry a go at the festival

I really like this part of the announcements as its where I start finding a load of stuff I like but never heard of

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Conjurer and A Forest of Stars are both fantastic. Not heard of any of the others, seems most of them are thrash though, so I'll probably like them.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Power Trip- great band, good to see them get a foot up after a great year since the release of NL. Best band on main on Saturday for me (take that for what you will)

Bio-Cancer- Solid band, been wanting to see them for awhile so glad I have a chance to now

Forgotten Remains- How have I not heard of these lot before? Sound amazing! And on the Saturday to boot.

A Forest of Stars- Find out of the announcement for me, not heard them before but wow, manage to hit that sweet spot between atmospheric and heavy perfectly.

Conjurer- They're alright, not the biggest doom fan though, but the tempo changes are interesting.

Alien Weaponry- Bit meh, don't get where the thrash label comes from though, sounds more metalcore to me. Saying that, it's quite interesting to hear songs sung in Maori?

One of the better announcements for me, picked my interest when it was starting to drop. Only criticism would be that could of used some more of the bands on the Saturday as that's still pretty meh for me.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 pm

A Forest Of Stars is a surprise! Really unique band

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:37 pm

A Forest of Stars are an excellent band, been a fan for years. Finally got to see them live this year and they were really something special.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 am

metaldinosaur wrote:Couple of decent ones there, AFOS and PT. I was already sold though.

I would love the last big-ish band to be iced earth.

So would I but at this point I'm not sure we're gonna get any more big-ish bands at all. I'll watch Power Trip if I'm in the arena that early but other than that there's nothing for me in that announcement which sadly, I was expecting.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:09 am

I think whomever said it previously was right: I think they blew beaucoup bucks on Priest and had to tone down the budget for the rest. Not that there's an issue in that, but a lot of this year may well be a "discover new bands" year. Which is fine, but when it's a lot of discovery it's a bit hmmm.

I've pretty much already selected who I'm going to turn out to. Not sure if this is the last announcement or not. But if there is another, I'm hoping for some general crowd pleasers in the lineup. Otherwise I may spend a fair bit of time at New Blood!

A Forest Of Stars is definitely welcome though!

Tankplanker
Consort of the Beast

Postby Tankplanker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 am

Really pleased with Power Trip being added as I didn't want to see them on the tour as I don't like any of the bands they were supporting.

A Forest Of Stars and Conjurer I'm also pretty please with as well, hopefully they don't clash with anybody else I want to see.

Pretty solid announcement for me considering we are quite a way down the bill now.