Ozzy & Judas Priest UK/IRE Tour 2019

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Ozzy & Judas Priest UK/IRE Tour 2019

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:all you do is moan. :rolleyes:

Hypocrite. :lol:

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:15 am

Black Wizard wrote:

True dat. :lol:

I didn't realise it was his farewell tour though.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:39 am

Black Wizard wrote:

Beat me to it :lol:

Fwiw, I actually agree with Gandalf on this particular topic (hell has indeed frozen over) in that whether you like the bands or not, I don't see how anyone can moan at a pairing as strong as Priest supporting Ozzy.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:47 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I can't believe the negativity in this thread. No wonder this place is dying on it's feet.

A true legend that has been at the top of the game for the last fifty years announces his farewell tour and asks his mates to support him on what is likely to be one of their last UK tours and all you do is moan. :rolleyes:

This place is dying on it's feet cos of the crappy change over, and cos hardly anyone uses internet forums anymore.

I'm not a huge fan of Sabbath, but I like them, but Ozzy's solo stuff is average rock/metal, and he certainly hasn't been on top of his game for 50 years, his solo gigs have been pretty shit every time I've seen them (first time at Donnington 96).

Preist are obviously going to be much more popular on a forum like this, and everyone here would clearly much rather see a Priest headline gig.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:55 am

Funny I feel like the forum is a bit busier recently.
I see the bad moon arising.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 am

bloodofthekings wrote:whether you like the bands or not, I don't see how anyone can moan at a pairing as strong as Priest supporting Ozzy.

I agree that in the context of Heavy Metal in general it is indeed a strong pairing, just not one that I am interested in buying a ticket for.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:25 am

If it were Priest with KK and Glen I'd be interested. They were Priest for me. It's not the same anymore. I'm sure they still put on a show but it's just not really Priest in my book. Ozzy's voice is shot and tbh, I don't think he's written a good album since 1983! Ticket, travel, hotel...this would cost me about £200, it's not something that's worth that much money to me personally.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:32 am

Thing is I can't stand ozzy and like most on here are disappointed priest aren't doing a headline tour. At least there bloodstock show was amazing.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:11 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Fwiw, I actually agree with Gandalf on this particular topic (hell has indeed frozen over) in that whether you like the bands or not, I don't see how anyone can moan at a pairing as strong as Priest supporting Ozzy.

On paper it's one of the strongest pairings i've seen tour in years; but when you realize your getting 2019 Ozzy then it falls flat; JP can still put on a great show but Ozzy hasn't been able to for years (though i admit he does put the effort in) so for what is the better part of a hundred quid I'll pass.

He is no doubt a legend, but that doesn't mean he gets a pass on not being worth a 100 quid for a show.

NoWayOut
Lowly Peon

Postby NoWayOut » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Priest will probably do a headline tour as well, especially with the anniversary stuff, I imagine this is just a starter.

Anyway, I'm hoping it shouldn't be too much of a battle to get some standing tickets for this since nobody wants to go. Can't wait.
Lifeless as your jaded eyes

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:25 pm

When I initially heard about this on monday morning I was quite enthused but after seeing the ticket price I really started to think that I could find better things to spend a hundred and sixty quid on rather than two tickets to see Priest play an hour and a befuddled Ozzy gig.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:38 pm

London standing tickets had sold out in the presale by the time I got on. There will be more on sale on Friday, so hopefully I can pick one up then.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Tet wrote:London standing tickets had sold out in the presale by the time I got on. There will be more on sale on Friday, so hopefully I can pick one up then.

Good luck, dread to think what the "resale" prices will be :|

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:56 am

Ticketmaster will be getting rid of its resale website soon and replacing it with a fan-to-fan exchange option, which See Tickets already has. I've been trying to get Halestorm tickets recently and saw a couple of fan-to-fan tickets for their London show but they'd already been bought before I decided to go for them. Ooops. I wish the music industry could just get together to lobby parliament to make touting illegal. I would love to see those guys outside every gig I go to in London get arrested. :D

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:11 am

Got Tickets for Birmingham in the Livenation presale this morning without any fuss