The rather morbid celebrity RIP Thread.

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The rather morbid celebrity RIP Thread.

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:10 pm

HAL 9000 has been turned off.

Douglas Rain RIP.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Richard bateman of nasty savage (amongst others) died in an ambulance that broke down thus delaying his arrival at the hospital where he would have received life saving treatment after suffering a heart attack. Terrible news.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:14 pm

:(

Loved that band back in the day. The album he was on, Penetration Point is a classic.

He was also in Agent Steel when they played the UK in the late 1980s.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Pete Shelley of a heart attack aged 63. RIP. :(

Black Wizard
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Former Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown has died. I mostly remember him for promising to eat his hat if the Conservatives won a majority in the 2015 General Election.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 am

Black Wizard wrote:Former Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown has died. I mostly remember him for promising to eat his hat if the Conservatives won a majority in the 2015 General Election.

Will be missed, one of best politicians in my lifetime

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Paddy Ashdown didn't always come across well on telly but his CV is outstanding. Probably the best leader the Lib-Dems have had.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:23 am

One of the good ones who got into politics for the right reasons and not because he saw it as a career move.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:32 pm

June Whitfield.

She talks candidly about working with Tony Hancock and the tremendous pressure placed on the 'stars' of comedy shows, which she modestly claims never affected her, as she wasn't the star. She recalls how she handled Hancock's self-doubt and questioning of life which would present itself in the most inopportune moments - like asking "what’s it all about eh?" just before they were due on stage: "I don't know Tony", replies June, "but we’re on in five minutes so we better get going".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/corporate2/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/45/take-it-from-june

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:19 pm

Definitely was a National Treasure. :(

Strange looking back that Jimmy Edwards was so young when he was supposed to be playing a sixty year old bloke. He was only about thirty and Dick Bentley who played his son was 13 years older than him. Still listen to TIFH when it's on Radio Four Extra. "Oh! Ron...."

Funny mentioning Hancock as I was reading about him the other day. The best quote about Hancock was by Spike Milligan,
Very difficult man to get on with. He used to drink excessively. You felt sorry for him. He ended up on his own. I thought, he's got rid of everybody else, he's going to get rid of himself and he did

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:40 pm

Ray Sawyer out of Dr Hook. RIP.

varangian
Definitely Not Nu

Postby varangian » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:03 am

Sad times, love Dr Hook although most people think Ray was the lead singer!

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:06 am

Bob Einstein dead at 76 RIP Funkhouser

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Weather presenter Dianne Oxberry at only 51. Probably only those of you in the Northwest will know her. She looked so strong, a classic Lancashire lass. And she looked like she could be Nicko McBrain's sister.
Last edited by Metalchemyst on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:21 am

Metalchemyst wrote:Weather presenter Dianne Oxberry at only 51. Probably only those of you in the Northwest will know her. She looked so strong, a classic Lancashire lass. And she looked like Nicko McBrain's sister.

From the North East, Sunderland I believe.

Sad though.