Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:20 pm

I will give PD a chance on the Sat night, as I do with any other BOA headliner. I will never have any hatred for any band that plays on the bill (even Trivium, they were just really, really disappointing).

PD don't seem like my thing but I would love to be pleasantly surprised. If they don't hold my attention, I will wander off to the Sophie stage or the VIP bar.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 pm

I'll give Parkway Drive a chance. They're absolutely not my thing. I really didn't like them the last time I saw them, and I don't expect that to have changed. But come on... they're a metal band and they belong at Bloodstock. It's not my sort of metal, but maybe they've changed enough that I'll enjoy them. If not, I'll head to the bar. The rest of the 2019 lineup is so good for my tastes that I really don't care about them booking a band like that as the final headliner.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Tet wrote:I'll give Parkway Drive a chance. They're absolutely not my thing. I really didn't like them the last time I saw them, and I don't expect that to have changed. But come on... they're a metal band and they belong at Bloodstock. It's not my sort of metal, but maybe they've changed enough that I'll enjoy them. If not, I'll head to the bar. The rest of the 2019 lineup is so good for my tastes that I really don't care about them booking a band like that as the final headliner.

Pretty much my view as well.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:39 am

Haldamir319 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Can they just announce PD so we can move onto further announcements that might have something interesting in them

Their UK tour is next week, so 1-2 weeks after that I reckon.

Ah not too long then

JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal

Postby JD_B3E5 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:15 pm

varangian wrote:So at the risk of opening up a shitstorm, if they're not a metal band, what are they then?

False Metal :yes:

I don't even like PD, but that's just an ignorant comment :rolleyes:

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:22 pm

JD_B3E5 wrote:
varangian wrote:So at the risk of opening up a shitstorm, if they're not a metal band, what are they then?

False Metal :yes:

I don't even like PD, but that's just an ignorant comment :rolleyes:

Harsh, it's just a bit of fun.

Death to Park Way Drivel!!!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:01 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:Harsh, it's just a bit of fun.

Death to Park Way Drivel!!!

Short of someone amazing inbetween Anthrax and PD I don't think I'd even bother hanging around.

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:34 pm

Never heard them before, till I just skipped through their Graspop 18 show.
No that bad , get the bloke to sing proper and they might be good!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Tet wrote:I'll give Parkway Drive a chance. They're absolutely not my thing. I really didn't like them the last time I saw them, and I don't expect that to have changed. But come on... they're a metal band and they belong at Bloodstock. It's not my sort of metal, but maybe they've changed enough that I'll enjoy them. If not, I'll head to the bar. The rest of the 2019 lineup is so good for my tastes that I really don't care about them booking a band like that as the final headliner.

I don't disagree that Parkway Drive are a Metal band, but I think they're not the sort of Metal band who should be at Bloodstock in my opinion. It took me a few years to bother coming to Bloodstock but I always saw it as the festival that stands up for the little guy - particularly since Download's line-ups have converged to a predictable average over the last ten years. I think it was a good thing when Bloodstock started getting the mid-range bands like Machine Head and Lamb of God to headline but some Metalcore bands get good enough exposure anyway and, in my opinion, veer to far away from the sort of bands I'd like to see at Bloodstock. Perhaps I'm just being selfish though.

As much as I like, say, Killswitch Engage, I think they've got their niche with a good mainstage slot at Download every three years. We know where we can see them and I'd find it odd seeing them at Bloodstock. I can't say anything about Trivium's 2015 appearance as I wasn't their, but their flame burned out quickly after their legendary Download 2005 set. By the time they made it to Bloodstock they were yesterday's news.

I don't have any particular problem with Parkway Drive, but I don't have any interest in them either. Maybe I'll give them a chance, maybe I won't bother with them. I won't cry about them though. The reaction to MCR at Download 2007 with Megadeth middle of the bill was laughable - let's not repeat that. We should also remember that festivals have to book whoever is available though. Some years it'll be great bands, other years it'll be shit bands.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Black Wizard wrote: I can't say anything about Trivium's 2015 appearance as I wasn't their, but their flame burned out quickly after their legendary Download 2005 set. By the time they made it to Bloodstock they were yesterday's news.

Aye, that's one thing I think BOA have done right here, at least they've got a band with hype behind them and are on the up. With the likes of Trivium et al, it just came off as a wasted slot, not really much of a draw for new fans and didn't really do much for those already having gone.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:45 pm

I'd love Demons and Wizzards to headline the Sophie stage on Saturday night what's the chances of this happening do you think ??. I think having DNW would
Be great especially after P.D . Plus it would a step back to traditional bloodstock.

I was hoping for Within temptation but to headline boa but hey ho cant get EVERYTHING we would like.

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Postby minimustain » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 pm

Tge other thing to back up P.D playing n headlining the saturday night is the fact they were announced for Summerbreeze which is on the weekend after bloodstock .

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:42 pm

As it seems inevitable decided to give the latest a go, I thought this was still the Romance Is Dead kinda stuff 0_o Not what I was expecting at all. It's an improvement at least, might even give them a go.

Between Bring Me The Horizon and this, I'm well out of the loop :lol:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:15 am

Black Wizard wrote:

I don't disagree that Parkway Drive are a Metal band, but I think they're not the sort of Metal band who should be at Bloodstock in my opinion. It took me a few years to bother coming to Bloodstock but I always saw it as the festival that stands up for the little guy - particularly since Download's line-ups have converged to a predictable average over the last ten years. I think it was a good thing when Bloodstock started getting the mid-range bands like Machine Head and Lamb of God to headline but some Metalcore bands get good enough exposure anyway and, in my opinion, veer to far away from the sort of bands I'd like to see at Bloodstock. Perhaps I'm just being selfish though.

As much as I like, say, Killswitch Engage, I think they've got their niche with a good mainstage slot at Download every three years. We know where we can see them and I'd find it odd seeing them at Bloodstock. I can't say anything about Trivium's 2015 appearance as I wasn't their, but their flame burned out quickly after their legendary Download 2005 set. By the time they made it to Bloodstock they were yesterday's news.

I don't have any particular problem with Parkway Drive, but I don't have any interest in them either. Maybe I'll give them a chance, maybe I won't bother with them. I won't cry about them though. The reaction to MCR at Download 2007 with Megadeth middle of the bill was laughable - let's not repeat that. We should also remember that festivals have to book whoever is available though. Some years it'll be great bands, other years it'll be shit bands.

A small point on DL 07 - I thought it was relatively common knowledge that, unless they are headlining an event, Megadeth actually prefer to play earlier than their size would justify?

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:54 am

Mastodon - Ghost - Gojira - Parkway Drive -?

Going by the trend, are we expecting Architects to headline next year.