Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:57 pm

I used to love watching the folk in armour beating seven shades of shit out of each other.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby J.Ross29 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Only really know Footprints in the custard. Fantastic addition for the thursday as they are a 'good time' type of band. Like what Im hearing so far of the others so will give them a look in at some point

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby J.Ross29 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:52 pm

Oh yeah also, apart from the heavy metal lifting thing its a decent announcement. Nothing too controversial. Would much rather have had the knights back though. The lifting club has never, nor is ever likely to inspire me. If anything its an inconvenience having to skirt around their arena just to get to the main stage

Methuen
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Methuen » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:46 pm

J.Ross29 wrote:Oh yeah also, apart from the heavy metal lifting thing its a decent announcement. Nothing too controversial. Would much rather have had the knights back though. The lifting club has never, nor is ever likely to inspire me. If anything its an inconvenience having to skirt around their arena just to get to the main stage


Never heard of any of the bands - but then the reaction seems positive, so checking them out shouldn't be as horrible as it was with Shvpes !

I suppose the weight lifting stuff fits in more with the crowd they're starting to go after - gym bunny hardcore kids (weights, vest, n' stuff); vs. drunk power metal fans (armoured blokes smashing seven shades out of each other) in terms of none-music entertainment.
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:55 pm

Methuen wrote:
I suppose the weight lifting stuff fits in more with the crowd they're starting to go after - gym bunny hardcore kids (weights, vest, n' stuff); vs. drunk power metal fans (armoured blokes smashing seven shades out of each other) in terms of none-music entertainment.

I'm pretty sure its purely what Vicky likes. I've certainly never seen a big crowd for it, its just there to fill space.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:05 pm

Most of the Gregory clan are pretty into lifting. Vicky and Alan have a business selling lifting relate clothes so it is no surprise to see them promoting lifting at Bloodstock. Luckily it is easy to ignore and doesn't get in the way of enjoying the festival.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby J.Ross29 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:13 pm

oh I definitely don't object to it been there its just not for me. As mentioned already Id rather drunkenly cheer on two armored meatheads bashing all different colours of shite out of each other!

Methuen
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Methuen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:55 am

fluffkitten wrote:Most of the Gregory clan are pretty into lifting. Vicky and Alan have a business selling lifting relate clothes so it is no surprise to see them promoting lifting at Bloodstock. Luckily it is easy to ignore and doesn't get in the way of enjoying the festival.


True ! If it keeps a few big lumps out of my line of sight, that helps too :lol:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:40 am

Leemanruss wrote:Countless Skies are one of my favourite bands. Footprints in the Custard are great fun (perfect for Thursday). The rest are terrible or unknowns to me, but judging on the descriptions, doesn't look like I'll enjoy any of them. I will give a listen to everyone though before my final judgement.

The Thursday looks terrible. We've had bands like Skiltron, Bloodshot Dawn and Wind Rose leading up to the Thursday headliners. To jump from a band the size of Ten Ton Slug to the internationally recognised Rotting Christ is ridiculous! I expected more of a gradient in how well known the bands are like the previous couple of years.


To be fair, if you look at previous Thursday line-ups in general, the bands have been generally of the size of somone like Footprints (or smaller). It's only be cause they've upped the size of the Thursday headliner that it's looks ood. I'm sure it'll be a great time either way.
Image

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3324
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:24 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:Countless Skies are one of my favourite bands. Footprints in the Custard are great fun (perfect for Thursday). The rest are terrible or unknowns to me, but judging on the descriptions, doesn't look like I'll enjoy any of them. I will give a listen to everyone though before my final judgement.

The Thursday looks terrible. We've had bands like Skiltron, Bloodshot Dawn and Wind Rose leading up to the Thursday headliners. To jump from a band the size of Ten Ton Slug to the internationally recognised Rotting Christ is ridiculous! I expected more of a gradient in how well known the bands are like the previous couple of years.


To be fair, if you look at previous Thursday line-ups in general, the bands have been generally of the size of somone like Footprints (or smaller). It's only be cause they've upped the size of the Thursday headliner that it's looks ood. I'm sure it'll be a great time either way.


You are right there, the recent 3 of Rotting Christ, Arkona and Battle Beast are a big step up from Phil Campbell and Arnocops in the 2 years before that. And remember before that we had crap like Jaldaboath and Tragedy headlining the Thursday.

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8833
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Blind River are a great booking and make a very welcome return. Sulpher are a blast from the past. I last saw them nearly 20 years ago! But mostly, Thursday feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity. It's the perfect excuse to have some decent party bands to get the festival started, and it doesn't look like they've gone for that this year. Unless you count Footprints In The Custard, which I don't because you can't hear the lyrics, so they lose anything it might have had on that score.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:23 pm

Quite a meh announcement for me, not really moved either way by any of the bands and will probably see how I am on the day as to whether I see any.

Confirms main stage Saturday as the worst day I've had since I've been attending, only 2 bands I want to see with 1 maybe. Always going to be some fallow years though I guess.

Tet wrote:Blind River are a great booking and make a very welcome return. Sulpher are a blast from the past. I last saw them nearly 20 years ago! But mostly, Thursday feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity. It's the perfect excuse to have some decent party bands to get the festival started, and it doesn't look like they've gone for that this year. Unless you count Footprints In The Custard, which I don't because you can't hear the lyrics, so they lose anything it might have had on that score.


Aye, I enjoyed it when it was a bonus party evening to kick off the weekend. I like Rotting Christ and will see them but think they'd have been better on another day when half the crowd (including myself probably) hit it too hard and are in a state by the time they show up :lol:

Cassius
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Cassius » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:40 pm

houston4044 wrote:Aye, I enjoyed it when it was a bonus party evening to kick off the weekend. I like Rotting Christ and will see them but think they'd have been better on another day when half the crowd (including myself probably) hit it too hard and are in a state by the time they show up :lol:


Agreed but according to their recent interview on Bloodstock Radio Thursday is the only day they could do so rather them then than not a all

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Next Announcement

Postby fluffkitten » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 pm

Rotting Christ are the only band I want to see on the Thursday and since I'm staying off site it probably isn't worth the effort to come in. Pity.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:02 pm

Probably the best announcement in a while! Good to see lots of doom/stoner being represented this year, and Footprints were long overdue to return. Cool to see them get a slot on party night too! Thursday night is now looking a lot better for me as I'm not keen on Rotting Christ.