Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:46 am

Just had a wee listen on youtube and I will give most of them a chance if I am at a loose end and they don't clash with anyone I already want to see. Nothing amazing but nothing totally dreadful either - really quite like Crescent and Blood Red Hourglass.
Last edited by CharlesDexterWard on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:49 am

Wheel are ace! Proggy rock/relatively melodic metal.
Image

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1936
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:19 pm

Slightly more intrigued to look these up on Youtube but it's just yet more unknowns so pretty hard to get excited about em really.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:00 pm
Location: London

Re: Next Announcement

Postby slayerslays » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Blood Red Hourglass...wtf?

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 pm

slayerslays wrote:Blood Red Hourglass...wtf?


I had never heard of them before today but after a few listens I really fancy seeing what they are like live.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:56 am

robin8585 wrote:
Wheel
Solitary
Violblast
Crescent
Blood Red Hourglass
The Parallax Method


Solitary :D

After giving them a listen Wheel, Violblast and Bloodred Hourglass sound decent enough. Not a bad announcement

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 am

If that is main and Sophie complete on Sunday then it's a mixed bag of a day for me, lots of things I'd see but not overly fussed either way.

I hadn't heard of The Lazy's before they were announced, seem bit out of place as the sub for Sophie.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 am

For Sunday, it's looking like:

((based on last year's times and current ordering on the site))

Witch Tripper
Ross the Boss or Solitary
Wheel, then a bit of Soilwork
Boss Keloid
Some combo of Hypocrisy/Resin
Dee Snider
Queensryche
Bloodred Hourglass
Dimmu Borgir
a bit of The Lazys,
Scorpions
Eluvietie (if we are staying)

I literally don't have a gap... I think HypoResin might have to sacrificed for a break.

And that's before any New Blood/Jager bands!
Image

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8833
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Ross the Boss or Solitary

This shouldn't even be a consideration. Ross The Boss all the way. Seriously. He's been my live show of the year for 2 of the last 3 years.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:For Sunday, it's looking like:

((based on last year's times and current ordering on the site))

Witch Tripper
Ross the Boss or Solitary
Wheel, then a bit of Soilwork
Boss Keloid
Some combo of Hypocrisy/Resin
Dee Snider
Queensryche
Bloodred Hourglass
Dimmu Borgir
a bit of The Lazys,
Scorpions
Eluvietie (if we are staying)

I literally don't have a gap... I think HypoResin might have to sacrificed for a break.

And that's before any New Blood/Jager bands!


This is pretty much my Sunday too!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby kurrupo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:10 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:For Sunday, it's looking like:

((based on last year's times and current ordering on the site))

Witch Tripper
Ross the Boss or Solitary
Wheel, then a bit of Soilwork
Boss Keloid
Some combo of Hypocrisy/Resin
Dee Snider
Queensryche
Bloodred Hourglass
Dimmu Borgir
a bit of The Lazys,
Scorpions
Eluvietie (if we are staying)

I literally don't have a gap... I think HypoResin might have to sacrificed for a break.

And that's before any New Blood/Jager bands!


This is pretty much my Sunday too!


Same here! Though I reckon I'll end up missing a set or 2 due to overlaps and not being bothered enough to move stages.

By the way, if anyone wants to start planning, I've been keeping up to date with a clashfinder again. All based on last year's timings.

https://clashfinder.com/s/bloodstock2019

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:29 am

All hail the clashfinder!

That thing is a godsend for me.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:27 am

kurrupo wrote:
By the way, if anyone wants to start planning, I've been keeping up to date with a clashfinder again. All based on last year's timings.

https://clashfinder.com/s/bloodstock2019


Ah cheers, always find these useful :yes:

Already got a clash already if the times stay the same :rolleyes:

Looking like
Aborted/Witch Tripper
Solitary
Hypocrisy
Dee Snider
Violblast
Bloodred Hourglass

Will probably go see Dimmu, Scorpions and Soilwork/Wheel as well.

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Next Announcement

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Not looking too bad if it stays at those times:

Soulfly/bongcauldron = bongcauldron win
Witch Tripper/Aborted = Witch Tripper win
Blood Red Hourglass/Dimmu Borgir = horrible one as I really want to see BRHG but I have never seen Dimmu. Will have to miss end chunk of BRHG :(
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:57 pm

There are very few bands I'm interested in on the Sophie stage and as things stand they pretty much all clash with someone. Sulpher with Tesseract, Countless Skies with Powerwolf, Parallax Method with Swallow the Sun and Wheel with Soilwork. I very much hope things change around a lot.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!