Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next Announcement

Postby metalicbear » Fri May 03, 2019 8:04 am

Smerphy wrote:
TesseracT's last record sold more copies in the UK than anyone else on the Sunday outside of Sabaton.

I think you mean Friday, but either way that's simply not true. Powerwolf, Bodom and Soulfly all sold more than Tesseracts last album. Metal Church's previous album also got to number 25 in the chart, which should in theory place them a couple of slots higher on the lineup too.

Even going by Download 2018, Tesseract played in the same slot as Thy Art is Murder who are 2 slots lower on BOAs lineup which would be a more suitable position for Tesseract. Looking at European lineups, they're even lower than that, in a lot of cases they're on the 2nd stage, which again would be a better position for Tesseract.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:20 am

metalicbear wrote:Looking at European lineups, they're even lower than that, in a lot of cases they're on the 2nd stage, which again would be a better position for Tesseract.

Apples and oranges mate, wouldn't use European placement as a barometer; big variations in taste and size of bands between the two.

gazsetsfire wrote:So here’s a question....

If (when) Amon Amarth play again, will they headline?
So I would assume they would headline again or would they play in a special guest slot?

Short of a big drop in popularity or BOA growing significantly AA will be a headliner from now on. Not in a bookers interest to make a band a headliner and then demote them the next time they play; they want as big a pool of headliners as possible to ensure there should always be headliners available year on year.

Haldamir319 wrote:
Baldy77 wrote:How many spaces do we have left to fill?

Based on previous years:

Friday
Main Stage (1)
Sophie Stage (2)
New Blood Stage (13)
Jager (5)

Saturday
Sophie Stage (3)
New Blood Stage (13)
Jager (5)

Friday
New Blood Stage (13)
Jager (5)

So that'll be announcements slowing down a fair bit then as they usually announce the NB in bulk.

Wonder if the mainstage slot will be the usual band they announce in the last week prior to the fest as well

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri May 03, 2019 12:42 pm

metalicbear wrote:I think you mean Friday, but either way that's simply not true. Powerwolf, Bodom and Soulfly all sold more than Tesseracts last album. Metal Church's previous album also got to number 25 in the chart, which should in theory place them a couple of slots higher on the lineup too.

:?

Metal Church have never charted in the UK top 100 in their entire history. Neither have Powerwolf. Children of Bodom last charted in the UK in 2011, hitting no.71. Soulfly have had half a dozen chart hits in the UK over the years, the debut went top 20 but nothing since has cracked 40. Their last album didn't chart here at all.

Tesseract's last album only got to no.62 mind as well, which is hardly earth shattering.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Soze wrote:Metal Church have never charted in the UK top 100 in their entire history.

Wikpedia would beg to differ: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XI_(Metal_Church_album)

I've looked through the official chart archive and can't find anything though.

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Fri May 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Soze wrote:
Metal Church have never charted in the UK top 100 in their entire history. Neither have Powerwolf. Children of Bodom last charted in the UK in 2011, hitting no.71. Soulfly have had half a dozen chart hits in the UK over the years, the debut went top 20 but nothing since has cracked 40. Their last album didn't chart here at all.

Tesseract's last album only got to no.62 mind as well, which is hardly earth shattering.

Soulflys last album hit 22 in the UK charts, Bodoms last album hit 40, Powerwolfs last album hit 44.

robin8585
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby robin8585 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:01 pm

metalicbear wrote:
Soze wrote:

Soulflys last album hit 22 in the UK charts, Bodoms last album hit 40, Powerwolfs last album hit 44.

Where are you getting that from? The OCC website doesn't even have record of Powerwolf as an artist, and has very different results for both Bodom and Soulfly.

https://www.officialcharts.com/search/artists/powerwolf/

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat May 04, 2019 11:12 am

I though pw chartered too. Maybe it was just the 'rock' chart.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat May 04, 2019 11:55 am

metaldinosaur wrote:I though pw chartered too. Maybe it was just the 'rock' chart.

The latest Powerwolf album definitely charted at 44 in Scotland: https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/s ... 180727/40/

I'm sure they regard this as a great achievement.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat May 04, 2019 12:53 pm

That makes sense. I could be wrong, but I think the Scottish chart is done purely on physical sales still, right. I guess that means they moved a few corporal units at least!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat May 04, 2019 1:45 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:That makes sense. I could be wrong, but I think the Scottish chart is done purely on physical sales still, right. I guess that means they moved a few corporal units at least!

I'll take your word for it. Including streaming in the charts is fine in principle but I think it should be done by number of unique listeners rather than total number of listens.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:38 am

i0th wrote:What have album sales got to do with anything anyway? Massive Wagons' last album got to number 16, they've played BOA before (on the Jager stage) should they be main stage special guests now??

Massive Wagons played BOA well before they made their name. In fact, one might say that playing the Jager stage helped make their name.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I'll take your word for it. Including streaming in the charts is fine in principle but I think it should be done by number of unique listeners rather than total number of listens.

So if I leave an AxCx album on a loop on spotify I could help get them in the charts? Interesting....

Didn't realize charts counted for much anymore, would of thought tour sales and profile would of been the biggest factors in placing bands.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed May 08, 2019 6:52 am

Hope we get another announcement soon, will be a nice distraction from finishing paying for the coach from Edinburgh, ticket installment payments and stockpiling nuts & raisins and canned fruit to bring (no scurvy for me this year).
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed May 08, 2019 9:54 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:stockpiling nuts & raisins and canned fruit

This could be about Brexit preparations. :lol:

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed May 08, 2019 10:25 am

We already have plenty of nuts. :P

I just got an email about Bloodstock's plastic campaign, and it was the most exciting announcement for ages.

https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/news/bloo ... es-greener
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson