Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Baldy77
Warrior of Metal

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:43 pm

WorMzy wrote:
The closest we have got to having Maiden ha!

Rise to Remain played the main stage in 2008, if you're going by the dubious Dicko = Maiden & Spawn of Dicko = Dicko logic. :P

They went down like a sack of wet turds too. They had no business being on the main stage, especially considering that they didn't even have an album the time. :/

Well I'll be damned! I had no idea, main stage without an album, wow!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:51 pm

I reckon The Raven Age will probably end up on the main stage next year. Steve Harris is forcing them down Iron Maiden fans' throats by taking them on tour yet again in North America this summer. Sadly I will see them for the sixth time or something in Montreal in a couple of weeks. They're also opening for Alter Bridge in December but I won't take my seat until they've finished in protest at such a shit band constantly getting good slots.

NippleArses
Lowly Peon

Postby NippleArses » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Map is up

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 pm

What time on the Friday morning will the gates open for new arrivals, do you think?
Defo NOT doing an extra night on Thursday!

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:12 pm

NippleArses wrote:Map is up

Can't really notice anything new there...except for the fact they have taken away a campsite unless I'm mistaken. Interesting. Selling badly?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:26 pm

Dunno about that, Jotunheim was pretty much unused last year. I think there was maybe four or five tents? Wonder if they'll be running a path between Ironwood and Valhalla though.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Skippy wrote:
NippleArses wrote:Map is up

Can't really notice anything new there...except for the fact they have taken away a campsite unless I'm mistaken. Interesting. Selling badly?

Yep, Jotenhiem behind Iron Wood. Sales must be down. Hardly surprising with that lineup though.

At least we have the weight lifting back :rolleyes:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

metalicbear
Consort of the Beast

Postby metalicbear » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:01 am

Considering VIP only just sold out recently, when normally it sells out in the first few weeks is an indicator sales are bad. I've seen a lot of competitions to win tickets as well, which I can't remember seeing in previous years.

Hopefully the organisers will see this and start thinking about ditching this download clone experiment, but I doubt it.

It's almost as bad as BOAs official partner being their clothing brand. Using the festivals good name to push a different product, whilst the festival is looking the pits is bad.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:16 am

I was in Jutenheim last year, probably about 20 tents in it, shame it's gone as toilet queue was non-existant thanks to the quietness of the field. Saw on reddit that the coach from Birmingham has been cancelled too, Parkway has taken a huge toll on sales.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:37 am

Baldy77 wrote:
WorMzy wrote:
The closest we have got to having Maiden ha!

Rise to Remain played the main stage in 2008, if you're going by the dubious Dicko = Maiden & Spawn of Dicko = Dicko logic. :P

They went down like a sack of wet turds too. They had no business being on the main stage, especially considering that they didn't even have an album the time. :/

Well I'll be damned! I had no idea, main stage without an album, wow!

Are people still sore about that? The 2nd stage was about the size of the beer tent at that time, and the other bands on the mainstage who hadn't got an album/deal didn't get half the shit - they had 'connections too, its what managers are for. Yes, they were rubbish, but people acted like they got Daddy to get them a headline slot, not near the bottom of the bill...

Austin Dickenson did post on here for a bit, so good on a forum band getting on the mainstage :lol:
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am

metalicbear wrote:Hopefully the organisers will see this and start thinking about ditching this download clone experiment, but I doubt it.

I think it totally depends on day ticket sales. They've been pushing Parkway hard, I'm seeing more of sponsored posts and adverts specifically for them at Bloodstock than I am for the fest as a whole. If weekend tickets are down but Saturday does really well, I think we'll see a lot more of that kind of thing.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 am

robin8585 wrote:
metalicbear wrote:Hopefully the organisers will see this and start thinking about ditching this download clone experiment, but I doubt it.

I think it totally depends on day ticket sales. They've been pushing Parkway hard, I'm seeing more of sponsored posts and adverts specifically for them at Bloodstock than I am for the fest as a whole. If weekend tickets are down but Saturday does really well, I think we'll see a lot more of that kind of thing.

I'd be very interested to see the numbers on this. I understand a festival wanting to supplement their numbers with day ticket sales but if it actually has come at the expense of weekend tickets, then surely that's not a good thing?

robin8585

Postby robin8585 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
robin8585 wrote:

I'd be very interested to see the numbers on this. I understand a festival wanting to supplement their numbers with day ticket sales but if it actually has come at the expense of weekend tickets, then surely that's not a good thing?

I'm sure it's not a good thing, and (accepting that we're speculating wildly) I'm sure they're really not happy with the numbers being down. If Saturday is very quiet, I'm sure they look at that and row back of that kind of thing. If it's really busy though, "I bet we'd do really well if we booked the whole weekend like this". I might just be a pessimist though.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:36 am

I think Saturday will be busier than the other two days tbh, the line-up was clearly geared toward shifting Saturday day tickets with Code Orange (not to be missed), Thy Art and Cancer Bats all on the undercard. But I can't see how that's good for them as day ticket holders will turn up later, spend less at the stalls, less at the bar, unlikely to buy a festival tshirt/merch etc. Good for money at the car park though as day parking tickets cost nearly as much as weekend ones. I suspect their hope was weekend sales would be about the same if not a little higher and they'd sell a load of day tickets for Parkway. However if weekend sales are massively down they've got to move from that model.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:37 am

bloodofthekings wrote:

When you consider the Scorpions are going to be way more expensive to book then yes, that's a terrible thing. It'll send the signal to the bookers that the best way to shift tickets is to book (for lack of a better term) DL bands over what you would consider legendary acts as they'll have done (relative) better day vs weekend ticket wise + booking fees.

i0th wrote: Parkway has taken a huge toll on sales.

Be interesting to how busy the campsite is on Saturday