Next Announcement

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:43 am

That's a pity. Should have done the decent thing and cancelled.

But it's not like he's disabled or anything. Jeff Becerra is paralysed FFS.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:53 am

I wasn't suggesting that Jeff Becerra doesn't deserve credit for still regularly going on stage - of course he does. I've also seen Steve Grimmett admirably play through obvious pain with the aid of a stick and wheelchair at times.

I was simply acknowledging that they could have cancelled but haven't which is good news for people who want to see them.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:07 am

Yeah, I'm not particularly bothered about whether PD play or not, but I respect the guy for pushing on with the tour dates despite his injuries.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:That's a pity. Should have done the decent thing and cancelled.

The injury is the same as the injury that Gazza the footballer had...last year Ben Fagoust vocalist with the brilliant Goatwhore had a broken leg and was on stage at Hammerfest..and Ian Dury and all these people had polio and carried on https://www.thefamouspeople.com/polio.php

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:42 pm

slayerslays wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:That's a pity. Should have done the decent thing and cancelled.

The injury is the same as the injury that Gazza the footballer had...last year Ben Fagoust vocalist with the brilliant Goatwhore had a broken leg and was on stage at Hammerfest..and Ian Dury and all these people had polio and carried on https://www.thefamouspeople.com/polio.php

Yeah. But it says "undisclosed accident" like he's fallen off a skateboard or something kids do these days.

More of a case of "you play or you're fired" I reckon. If they didn't turn up then I doubt the insurance would cover it if it was self inflicted by doing something daft.

It's trying to get the sympathy vote that irks. "Look at mummy's little soldier. He's so brave!". :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 pm

Aye, bloody kids and their antics, just like when Keith Richards fell out of a tree aged 62.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:14 pm

The bass player from the Wildhearts started playing again quite soon after having his leg amputated - started just doing encores, then just the main set and now does the whole set standing with a prosthesis. Think I recall him finishing a set after dislocating his knee on stage at Reading.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Loving how quickly that because a show of one-upmanship. I don't give a shit about Parkway but fair enough, he's in a wheelchair.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:15 pm

So Parkway Drive post an update video of their summer tour and mention that their bassist ruptured his ACL so will be performing in a wheelchair for the rest of their dates (which is a pretty significant update). Not sure how that comes across as a cry for sympathy or an attempt to upstage other artists. :?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Yeah. But they're Emos. Isn't that par for the course?

I actually listened to them and it's all that "emotional" and "issues" stuff. Maybe they don't wear eyeliner like the other bands do, but it's cut from the same cloth.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:04 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Yeah. But they're Emos. Isn't that par for the course?

I actually listened to them and it's all that "emotional" and "issues" stuff. Maybe they don't wear eyeliner like the other bands do, but it's cut from the same cloth.

Wow. This literally sounds like some of the kids back in high school who would label anything alternative as "emo". :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:27 am

Skippy wrote:Loving how quickly that because a show of one-upmanship. I don't give a shit about Parkway but fair enough, he's in a wheelchair.

Yeah, got to admit I wasn't expecting that reaction either :o

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:05 pm

someone else wrote:The bass player from the Wildhearts started playing again quite soon after having his leg amputated - started just doing encores, then just the main set and now does the whole set standing with a prosthesis. Think I recall him finishing a set after dislocating his knee on stage at Reading.

He sure did and I was there. Dislocated his kneecap 10 seconds into the set, but still managed to play through to the end. Devin Townsend was guesting on guitar that day as well.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:39 pm

First batch of bands announced for Wacken next year:

Judas Priest
Amon Amarth
Sodom
Mercyful Fate
Hypocrisy
Death Angel
At The Gates