Within Temptation/Evanescence

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Within Temptation/Evanescence

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:27 am

https://www.worldscollidetour.net/

A co-headlining European tour in April with a show at The O2 on Tuesday 7th.

I didn't know that anybody still cared about Evanescence anymore. I'm partly interested in seeing Within Temptation again, but I'm a bit worried that the co-headline set will be a bit short. Perhaps I'll get a seated ticket if it's not too expensive, but I'll have to hold off a while before making that decision. I doubt this show will sell out though.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Within Temptation/Evanescence

Postby jwh20 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:18 am

Definitely going to go, love WT. CBA with Evanescence, but it feels like ages since I've seen WT.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:25 pm

Maybe a few years ago but not for me nowadays unless the price is good

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:55 am

I find WT less engaging live than they used to be, the audience is static these days and mainly full of hipsters and NME readers, every song is accompanied by a OTT video that distracts from the bands performance, and they'll only play maybe one song each from Mother Earth and The Silent Force and nothing from (my favourite album) Enter.

I'll not bother.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am

I'm amazed Evanescence are big enough to co-headline this, didn't realize they were still that much of a draw.

Baldy77 wrote:Maybe a few years ago but not for me nowadays unless the price is good

£54 according to ticketmaster

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 am

AXS have £65 for a seated ticket. Miss me with that.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:00 am

I was surprised when Evanescance came back and their album got really high in the charts - presumed they'd been forgotten but they seem to be in the big theatres or smaller arenas.

Their first album is a bit of a guilty pleasure, but nothing else has been of interest, and WT haven't done much for me for a while.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:22 pm

someone else wrote:I was surprised when Evanescance came back and their album got really high in the charts - presumed they'd been forgotten but they seem to be in the big theatres or smaller arenas.

Their first album is a bit of a guilty pleasure, but nothing else has been of interest, and WT haven't done much for me for a while.

Name value wise they're still well remembered by people (at least in my experience) just never thought that'd translate to a co-headline on par with WT and at the o2.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:16 pm

Well let's see how well it sells.

It looks like Evanescence will be the last of the two bands at the London show since AXS are selling meet & greet packages for them. That will just amount to meeting Amy Lee as I'm pretty sure she has a revolving door of session musicians whom nobody cares about.

I had a look through their chart positions and all three of their studio albums of original material were top 5 - 'Synthesis' (an album of re-recordings) peaked at 23 - so they are well known here and have been very successful. They don't seem to have been the most productive band though, especially considering their profile, as they've only released three studio albums of original material in 2003, 2006 and 2011. This is probably because of the constantly changing line-up of session musicians and Amy Lee's solo albums, although I thought Evanescence was all about her anyway so I don't see what the difference is.

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Got tickets for this for me and the Mrs as it’s one of the few metal gigs we can still go together as her tastes have changed a bit over the years. Although within temptation remain one of her favourite bands. 45 quid was a bit steep although to be expected at the o2.

I was shocked they are playing the o2. Isn’t that normally for stuff like take that and Michael buble. On looking up the capacity, it’s 20,000 which seems ridiculously big for within and Evanescence. I’ll be shocked if it even is 3 quarters full. SSE arena would have surely been more appropriate.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 pm

gazsetsfire wrote: I’ll be shocked if it even is 3 quarters full. SSE arena would have surely been more appropriate.

they put a post on Facebook saying that London, Amsterdam and Brussels were down to the last few tickets, so it seems you may well be shocked.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:25 am

I was going to wait until next year to get a ticket as haven't even got any tickets for what I want to go to for the remainder of the year, but now paranoid about it selling out so might have to go for it on payday. W/T have played Wembley (once or twice?) before and Evanescence are bigger over here I thought, so I guess that makes sense, I hate the O2 though.

Synthesis and the S/T bored me to death and I never listened to them again. I guess I'll have to give them another go as the set lists for recent shows have a lot of songs from them

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:46 pm

houston4044 wrote:I'm amazed Evanescence are big enough to co-headline this

Their debut album was inexplicably popular, selling a mind boggling 17 million copies. Quadruple platinum in the UK. Not bad for a one hit wonder band! In comparison, Within Temptation haven't even had a gold record in the UK yet.

Either way, I'll give it a miss. I like both bands on CD, but I found Evanescence to be quite dull when I saw them (admittedly many years ago), and Within Temptation used to be great live but were terrible at Brixton last time around.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Tet wrote:
houston4044 wrote:I'm amazed Evanescence are big enough to co-headline this

Their debut album was inexplicably popular, selling a mind boggling 17 million copies. Quadruple platinum in the UK. Not bad for a one hit wonder band! In comparison, Within Temptation haven't even had a gold record in the UK yet.

Oh I know, but at the same time it's the reason I question it. Huge and popular album but it's nearly two decades old and they haven't had nearly as much success since. Just surprised they can co-headline the o2 rather than being a support at it or headline Brixton.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:01 am

After two shows already sold out I dipped into my savings to get a ticket. Hopefully Evanescence play almost entirely tracks from the first two albums, then it will be awesome nostalgia for a band I haven't really been into for over a decade but listened to shitloads back in the day. Either way I really wanted to see WT again, so got something to look forward to next year.