Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next Announcement

Postby jwh20 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:18 am

On my previous last fm I had over 300 scrobbles for Morbid Angel and nearly 200 for Bolt Thrower. They're always deemed mandatory so tried really hard, every album, a few times. Still don't like them at all and I love death metal.

I wouldn't ever do that again. Normally once/twice on album, if they're at a festival maybe check them out and see if they change my mind. Only time recently I've changed my mind on someone was Leprous as they're one of my friend's favourite bands. Used to hate them, not being a prog person, gave them another proper listen and really liked it.

It shouldn't take too many listens to see if you like a band or not really.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Vicky on Twitter just advised that the next announcement will be Tuesday 22 October.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:17 pm

It must be Killswitch Engage then. The last show of their UK tour is on Sunday 22nd.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Black Wizard wrote:It must be Killswitch Engage then. The last show of their UK tour is on Sunday 22nd.

Ffs I hope not. First Devin and now this shit?

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Black Wizard wrote:It must be Killswitch Engage then. The last show of their UK tour is on Sunday 22nd.

Because that theory went so well with Volbeat

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:03 pm

cheesemason wrote:

Because that theory went so well with Volbeat

A stopped clock is correct twice a day.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Vicky on Twitter just advised that the next announcement will be Tuesday 22 October.

Did she say it's a headliner or no?

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:27 am

I hope that means we dont have to have them post any more about Parkway Drive on Twitter until that date then :lol:

It would be interesting to see pre-New Year Ticket sales over the years
If sales are slow do they quickly do an announcement or headliner announcement based on?

kurrupo
Consort of the Beast

Postby kurrupo » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:21 am

bloodofthekings wrote:

Ffs I hope not. First Devin and now this shit?

Are they really big enough to headline though? I remember them being only a support for bullet for my valentine a few years back at academy venues and it wasn't even sold out. I think they could end up as special guests but surely not headliners

GoreCrazy
Powermetal Child

Postby GoreCrazy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 am

Let's hope it's another Volbeat scenario whereby we are given the unexpected. I'm not a fan of Killswitch and had the displeasure of seeing them support Maiden last year. Even their show was stereotypical yawnfest Metalcore. Also if they were to headline, what a waste! Especially given the touted '20th anniversary'. I'm going to sit here and hold out the hope that it'll be Fate, which it won't be.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:47 pm

^ Seeing as I can see Devin at the Roundhouse in December, as much as I like him I would definitely need Fate to sell me a ticket to this. I'm hopeful for once though that BOA will get them booked.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:15 pm

I can see it being Killswitch as special guests. Considering they supported Parkway on their recent tour, it would look like a downgrade to have them headlining this year, but I could see them as special guests to someone big on the Saturday.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:10 pm

I see Nergel's being a twat again and therefore getting Behemoth some more press, can see them going back up to headliner level.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:02 pm

i0th wrote:I see Nergel's being a twat again and therefore getting Behemoth some more press, can see them going back up to headliner level.

Not really a follower of these things, didn't realize this was a common occurrence for him. Be a bit weird to see them announced and bumped up following negative publicity though.

Skippy wrote:I can see it being Killswitch as special guests. Considering they supported Parkway on their recent tour, it would look like a downgrade to have them headlining this year, but I could see them as special guests to someone big on the Saturday.

I'd be surprised if they were anything but a headliner, regular academy band with a large media profile and crossover appeal. I think they are the same size of other previous headliners (not getting into "oh they were the non-BOA bands") like Mastodon, LoG, Trivium and Down.

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:32 pm

I think any two of BFMV, Killswitch engage, FFDP or any of that Kerrang/Download bullshit would guarantee my non-attendance

"Twentieth anniversary" I`m expecting "Something special" since its them who are hyping the anniversary so much

It`s early early days yet and I`m expecting better announcements more to my tastes, I mean thus far Butcher Babies are headlining Sunday :lol: