2019 Albums

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: 2019 Albums

Postby gavdann » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 am

Two more highly enjoyable contenders for a top 10 push:
Witch Vomit - Buried Deep In A Bottomless Basement
Riff-tastic OSDM.
Warcrab - Damned In Endless Night
Doomy OSDM. Reminds me of Heartwork era Carcass and Bolt Thrower in places.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:10 am

Blood Incantation is great, but a lot less dirty sounding than Starspawn and a lot like Mithras. Definitely looking forward to another few listens.

New Gost is an improvement over the previous album, really enjoyable synthwave and their best so far. Shame I have to miss out on their show with Mayhem :(

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 pm

gavdann wrote:Two more highly enjoyable contenders for a top 10 push:
Witch Vomit - Buried Deep In A Bottomless Basement
Riff-tastic OSDM.
Warcrab - Damned In Endless Night

Yeah the new Witch Vomit is class

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:59 am

I liked Cristina Scabbia's guest appearance, but my first impressions of the new Tarja album continue with my opinion she hasn't released a good album since leaving Nightwish.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:32 pm

JD_B3E5 wrote:Acid Reign's new album came out on Friday by the way! Anyone on here listened to it yet?

Yep, it's really good, much better than I was expecting it to be.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:34 pm

gavdann wrote:Warcrab - Damned In Endless Night

I know most of Warcrab very well and year, they're huge fans of that sort of stuff. I could be accused of bias, being that they're mates of mine, but their new album is huge. I always thought they were just ok before hand but the new album is a massive step up and I can genuinely say, with hand on heart, that it's a must listen for any fans of doomy death metal.

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:59 am

Soze wrote:
gavdann wrote:Warcrab - Damned In Endless Night

I know most of Warcrab very well and year, they're huge fans of that sort of stuff. I could be accused of bias, being that they're mates of mine, but their new album is huge. I always thought they were just ok before hand but the new album is a massive step up and I can genuinely say, with hand on heart, that it's a must listen for any fans of doomy death metal.

I'm new to them but I read the review on AMG and I'm really impressed. Hopefully they'll be playing some gigs darn saff in the new year as I'd like to catch them live.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:13 pm

JD_B3E5 wrote:Acid Reign's new album came out on Friday by the way! Anyone on here listened to it yet?

I'm very mixed on it, I like it but I feel my expectations were too high.

Ghost wrote:Toxic Holocaust sticking to what they do best on their latest. Playing unoriginal but good head banging tunes.

Pretty much this

Municipal Waste's new EP is alright, cut 10 minutes from the middling part of one of their albums and that's what you get.

Machine Head's new Do Or Die song... Rob Flynn is basically saying "fight me" to nigh on everyone over a bang average track.

Exhumed- Carries on like their previous releases, it's still a fun listen but not a patch on what they used to be

Steel Panther- The music behind the lyrics is alright but man, joke got old awhile ago and it's just...meh

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:03 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Machine Head's new Do Or Die song... Rob Flynn is basically saying "fight me" to nigh on everyone over a bang average track.

There's something sssssooooo edgy and cccrrrraaaazzzzyyyy about someone in their fifties repeating naughty words in one of their songs. He's such a baddass! Turns me on a bit. Bet he's great in bed.
I see the bad moon arising.

J.Ross29
Powermetal Child

Postby J.Ross29 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Ghost wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

There's something sssssooooo edgy and cccrrrraaaazzzzyyyy about someone in their fifties repeating naughty words in one of their songs. He's such a baddass! Turns me on a bit. Bet he's great in bed.

Stinks of trying too hard to me. "There aint a metal band I aint influenced" Really Rob, Really? Looks like he is getting a case of the gene simmons complex...you know the guy who invented bass playing, the horns, metal and breathing?

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:23 pm

The only bands that cite Machine Head as an influence are pub bands that never go anywhere, Machine Head were always a step too late on every trend.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:13 am

jwh20 wrote:Blood Incantation is great, but a lot less dirty sounding than Starspawn and a lot like Mithras. Definitely looking forward to another few listens.

Have you been given an advance? The first track was only released a few days ago. It's difficult to judge as it takes forever to get going. It's clearly much cleaner sounding than Starspawn though.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 am

^ Bandcamp sent out downloads for those who pre-ordered on vinyl, and those made their way to soulseek...

Lacuna Coil's new album is surprisngly the first album I've liked since Karmacode. From reviews I was expecting it to be Shallow Life levels of dogshit and wondering why I still bother to give each album a go, so nice to be proven wrong.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:53 am

Never been a Machine Head fan, best description I heard was "Lowest Common Denominator Metal" but thought I'd give that track a listen.

Good to know Sonata Arctica didn't write the worst thing this year
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:08 am

I'm not copying and pasting in the homophobic and misogynistic ravings of a FIFTY TWO year old man, but did you see that rant he posted?

I've not listened to a Machine Head song since I thought it was shit on a Metal Hammer compilation around 2006 but WTF is wrong with this guy?