Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Next Announcement

Postby jwh20 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:15 am

I never saw them as headliner, rather SG. They're not headlining other festivals, so I still have hope.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:08 am

jwh20 wrote:Announcement next week then?

Back to the two week cycle or has Vicky said something on social media?

jwh20 wrote:I never saw them as headliner, rather SG. They're not headlining other festivals, so I still have hope.

Not to dash your hopes, I just have a nagging doubt because they're subbing much larger festivals (to the likes of Maiden etc) so could headline a smaller fest like BOA; ruling them out :(

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:30 am

I'm just thinking because CD self announced they would want to get it out officially ASAP? who knows though.

I'm still thinking of Mystic Fest if BOA don't get MF, but if BOA gets them I'll likely return.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 am

Unless I've missed something, Skindred, PL and Gloryhammer aren't special guests right? So we still have them to go. Who are people thinking based on tours and such?

I know people want Saxon but with their tour rescheduled I don't know if they are likely to be announced any time soon

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 am

The only two bands I want to see so far are on different days, so not even worth a day ticket. Unless the Sophie Headliners are all bands I want to see, it's looking like a no show for me next year.

cheesemason
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby cheesemason » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:20 pm

[quote="jwh20"]Unless I've missed something, Skindred, PL and Gloryhammer aren't special guests right? So we still have them to go. Who are people thinking based on tours and such?

I know people want Saxon but with their tour rescheduled I don't know if they are likely to be announced any time soon[/quote

Sadly, Skindred are specials guests. I asked on her Instagram question thingy the other day

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:43 pm

That virtually confirms that the rest of the line up is going to be full of filler nobody wanted as they've spaffed all the budget on one big name headliner again. :rolleyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 pm

cheesemason wrote:Sadly, Skindred are specials guests. I asked on her Instagram question thingy the other day

Aren't bands who are 3rd from top called special guests? At least there is the chance that we'll get a decent sub (though not I have much hope in that)

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 pm

Y`know trying not to be skeptical but I was hoping to be "Wowed" by this 20th anniversary thing
Skindred arent SG material to fit that wow category, but neither were Cannibal Corpse or At the Gates
I can accept that DT and Behemoth are on the rise in popularity and making new headliners needs to happen at some stage
Saxon or say Accept as a SG is win/win/win they dont do bad, they are legends, we all know a couple of songs at least. Similarly massive call for KD/MF, your fans are telling you something dearie, they arent asked for Hatebreed or Whitechapel.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:46 pm

So special guest is third from top and second down is subheadliner? My bad

I don't really like Saxon, but if it was them, Mercyful Fate and Accept that would be incredible. It won't be though.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm

No such thing as subheadliner (in this context).

The second band down are Special Guests. I don't know where this idea that third place band are anything special has come from...
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:25 pm

someone else wrote:
Smerphy wrote:Rubbish

Not in the slightest - how long ago was their last UK gig? The Underworld, bottom of the bill for Metallica? Now somehow equal billing with the likes of Priest, or someone like DT who can fill the Albert Hall? If the likes if Kreator and Testament have never clawed their way to headliner, no way MF have

Immortal were playing similar venues before they split the first time. Then they headlined when they reformed.
I see the bad moon arising.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Ghost wrote:
someone else wrote:
Smerphy wrote:Rubbish

Not in the slightest - how long ago was their last UK gig? The Underworld, bottom of the bill for Metallica? Now somehow equal billing with the likes of Priest, or someone like DT who can fill the Albert Hall? If the likes if Kreator and Testament have never clawed their way to headliner, no way MF have

Immortal were playing similar venues before they split the first time. Then they headlined when they reformed.

A lot of headliners of that era wouldn't make SG now.as the festival is bigger- CoB, Fear Factory, CoF have all dropped down the ranks
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

jwh20 wrote:So special guest is third from top and second down is subheadliner? My bad

I don't really like Saxon, but if it was them, Mercyful Fate and Accept that would be incredible. It won't be though.

Just a way to distinguish what slot bands are in, no real difference as they both get an hour in set length.

Gandalf the Red wrote:No such thing as subheadliner (in this context).

The second band down are Special Guests. I don't know where this idea that third place band are anything special has come from...

By definition the 2nd band from top are the subheadliner.

At the end of the day it's just semantics :lol: Either way we seem destined to have Skindred for an hour again this year :rolleyes:

Bagpuss66
Lowly Peon

Postby Bagpuss66 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:47 pm

I think Saxon are the Sunday special guests, I've a feeling a band like Testament will be playing as well.
It would be fantastic if MF could play but as much as we post suggestions of bands we all want sometimes it really is either logistics or if a band wants to play another festival.