Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Next Announcement

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:43 pm

I can't help but think Gloryhammer and Unleash the Archers are gonna clash :( :x

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Decent announcement to get people to buy early bird tickets. Then I expect nothing else of interest to get added. Still sitting on the fence about whether not to bother for the first time.

Needs some German Thrash.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:I can't help but think Gloryhammer and Unleash the Archers are gonna clash :( :x

More likely to clash with Saxon which is just as bad.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Needs some German Thrash.

I'm hoping Kreator for Saturday special guest :D

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:

I'm hoping Kreator for Saturday special guest :D

Can't see Kreator supporting Behemoth. I was thinking Sodom, Rage, Grave Digger or Destruction maybe.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
SlaytanicBacon wrote:I can't help but think Gloryhammer and Unleash the Archers are gonna clash :( :x

More likely to clash with Saxon which is just as bad.

Or both like Power Quest the other year :rolleyes:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Amid all this doom and gloom, I have to be honest and say I am pretty happy with this announcement. I like each and every one of them. Cracking announcement for me.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:07 pm

dclizardking wrote:Amid all this doom and gloom, I have to be honest and say I am pretty happy with this announcement. I like each and every one of them. Cracking announcement for me.

Until this announcement I was sitting on the fence about whether to go next year, with the percentage call being that I wouldn't. However this announcement was enough to make me take the plunge and buy my ticket. Unleash The Archers are a band I've been dying to see for ages and I don't care who they clash with, I'm seeing them. There's also not a single band in the rest of the announcement I would want to see. Great stuff.

Bearintown
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearintown » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:25 pm

Sunday only most likely for me. although all the goods bands I have already seen, so maybe not bother at all given the 3.5 hour drive home

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:35 pm

cheesemason wrote:Almost certain that Phil Anselmo, Paradise Lost and Gloryhammer are all third from top looking the posters etc

What a weak set of top 3: one regular repeat, someone reliving past glories with a weak voice and a band who was 2nd on last time they played (and not exactly smashed it since).

Take note, I'm not the only one calling for more thrash :lol:

As for the announcement, what a big let down that was. Night Flight Orchestra sound like a right laugh and worth a watch. Saxon I've seen so often that while I'd see them they're aren't selling me a ticket either. The rest I have zero interest in.

Looking at the line up and the placements, it's really looking bargain basement the more it goes on. If these are supposed to be the big hitters then the budget must have been limited.

suicidal_orange
Powermetal Child

Postby suicidal_orange » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:49 am

Unleash the Archers has all but sold me a ticket, only hesitation now is that I'm still ill from before BOA 2019 and have no diagnosis let alone a cure. Currently waiting on tests for coeliac which doesn't sound good for festivals - from last year's food options I think I'd have had to live on halumi fries and salad :(

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 am

houston4044 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Yeah it's disappointing that Skindred wasn't announced as special guests, but then were confirmed as special guests on one of the recent live streams. Very odd way to do it? :?

They've announced bands who ended up third from top as special guests so are Skindred getting the same slot again?

If they're on before Devin then I can see why they've slipped it in on the quiet, that's bloody awful :(

This is true. I enjoyed Skindred last time but hoping they get the third-down slot again to squeeze someone else in before Devin.

As for the announcement, I'm quite surprised by all the negativity given that it's full of typical "Bloodstock" bands and bands I've seen on the wishlists.

Very happy with Saxon special guesting. Not seen them since 2014 and it just makes sense before Priest.

Orange Goblin are a band I keep meaning to check out. Any recommendations on albums to start with would be appreciated. :yes:

Conjurer - excellent. Good to see them pushed up to main stage.

Unleash the Archers - not my cuppa tea but a great booking considering how popular and heavily requested they are.

Not heard of The Night Flight Orchestra before. Doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy but again open to recommendations. :)

Decent announcement overall and my early bird ticket arrived today! :D

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Jay1993 wrote:[
Orange Goblin are a band I keep meaning to check out. Any recommendations on albums to start with would be appreciated. :yes:

I think Eulogy For The Damned is their best album - the live album Eulogy For The Fans was recorded at BOA. The first few were in the wave of late 90s stoner bands - great if you like that sort of thing - Big Black is probably the best, but shed that from Coup De Grace onwards.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Orange Goblin are a band I keep meaning to check out. Any recommendations on albums to start with would be appreciated. :yes:

A Eulogy for the Damned is probably the best entry point imo. I also really like Back from the Abyss

As for the announcement is fairly solid for me. Orange Goblin are great and while im not massively into them Saxon are a great booking well suited for the 20th anniversary.

Also not into them myself but got a load of mates really into Conjurer so thats good for them

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Jay1993 wrote:As for the announcement, I'm quite surprised by all the negativity given that it's full of typical "Bloodstock" bands and bands I've seen on the wishlists.

None of the bands elevate the rest of the line up out of mediocrity (at best). Add in that they're either regulars on the UK circuit or played the fest before then doesn't do much to make want to see them at BOA.