Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Next Announcement

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:25 pm

Baldy77 wrote:Personally I enjoy this forum. Keeps me up to date with rumours and announcements. More importantly I get to k[code][/code]now about gigs going on that I wouldn't know about. I'm not very tech savvie so am unsure how I would find out about all the gigs otherwise

Same for me! I don't have Facebook or other social media out of choice so the forum is how I find out about them normally and my only way of talking about them with others.

phuqsticks
Consort of the Beast

Postby phuqsticks » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:05 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:I'd love to say that I'm looking forward to the announcement but if the booking team don't give a toss about their festival then I'm not sure why I should.

That's the spirit! Come on folks, you know the drill by now. There's an announcement of an announcement so we are all going to do 2 things (1) Start posting who is touring around the time of the announcement and speculate wildly that they are going to be announced (2) Say how shit the band mentioned in part (1) are, how they haven't released a decent album in years and that this announcement has convinced you to not go this year.

I'll start you off with Insomnium......

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Insomnium and Tribulation would be good I reckon but I still smell a Kerbdog somewhere :lol:

I honestly hope that someone from the organising team does look on here, some good stuff and opinions. Want to make the festival better? Put some chippings or something to soak the mud up near the toilets and the car parks, it would be a much safer and wiser investment than some post-hardcore band that no-one has ever requested on the Wishlist.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:34 am

I still love the forum. People on here are (usually) way more intelligent than your average social media poster.

I'm really hoping Iced Earth are announced.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 am

metaldinosaur wrote:I still love the forum. People on here are (usually) way more intelligent than your average social media poster.

There's obviously a freedom you get on here and more flowing conversation - i.e. you can say Parkway Drive are shit and not get swamped by 18 year old scene kids saying they're the best band in the universe, also at least here there is discussion, rather than ten thousand people just tagging their mates on the announcement post.

However it's massively lifeless compared to all the discussion and arguments we used to get a few years ago whenever a band was announced, and the number of posters is obviously getting smaller all the time as more and more people finally give up on this place.

Yeah, we need Andy Hall back, it's the only way to save the forum....

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:48 am

Moonsorrow are playing Rockharz Open Air (Germany) early July, and Månegarm Open Air (Sweden) late August, which leaves a neat little hole in their festival schedule... :eyes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:53 am

Can't see any tours finishing around that time so I'm guessing we'll get a few smaller bands announced for the Sophie stage. Would love to see Code Orange make it this year (much to this forums disgust :lol:) as its looking likely they'll have new music out by then.

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:23 pm

WorMzy wrote:Moonsorrow are playing Rockharz Open Air (Germany) early July, and Månegarm Open Air (Sweden) late August, which leaves a neat little hole in their festival schedule... :eyes:

I would be very happy if Moonsorrow were booked. Being a pessimist I'm not expecting it to happen and some mob I've no interest in will be booked.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Methuen
Warrior of Metal

Postby Methuen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Can't see any tours finishing around that time so I'm guessing we'll get a few smaller bands announced for the Sophie stage. Would love to see Code Orange make it this year (much to this forums disgust :lol:) as its looking likely they'll have new music out by then.

Last time they booked Code Orange, we ended up with a half empty arena watching The Wildhearts. You Have Been Warned :devil:
Indoor 2005, 2006
BOA 2008, 2018, 2019

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:09 pm

WorMzy wrote:Moonsorrow are playing Rockharz Open Air (Germany) early July, and Månegarm Open Air (Sweden) late August, which leaves a neat little hole in their festival schedule... :eyes:

Really hope they play but hoping if they do they are a Sophie headliner as they need longer set than 40 minutes due to their average song duration

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:05 pm

Methuen wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Can't see any tours finishing around that time so I'm guessing we'll get a few smaller bands announced for the Sophie stage. Would love to see Code Orange make it this year (much to this forums disgust :lol:) as its looking likely they'll have new music out by then.

Last time they booked Code Orange, we ended up with a half empty arena watching The Wildhearts. You Have Been Warned :devil:

Wildhearts were great tbf! And last time they booked Dimmu Borgir we ended up with a tent full of people heckling Faketushka. :lol:

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Wildhearts were excellent. And if had have been Code Orange, what's to say their crowd would have been any bigger?

einherjer

Postby einherjer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:27 am

I'd really like some good old or (new as it were) 'Eavy Metal. Visigoth, Haunt or Eternal Champion for example.
It's always darkest before it goes completely black.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:56 am

einherjer wrote:I'd really like some good old or (new as it were) 'Eavy Metal. Visigoth, Haunt or Eternal Champion for example.

It would be good to see the fest give this type of band a shot.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Do we still have 1 more special guests slot to fill?