Download Festival 2020

Share tour news and event information in here.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Download Festival 2020

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:11 am

Alter Bridge subheadling one of the days was inevitable and welcome. Saturday looks great now, but I bet Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, Funeral For A Friend and Sepultura will all clash.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:13 am

Black Wizard wrote:Alter Bridge subheadling one of the days was inevitable and welcome. Saturday looks great now, but I bet Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, Funeral For A Friend and Sepultura will all clash.

The one time Maiden don't insist on going unopposed :lol:

May actually bite the bullet and get a ridicuously priced day ticket for once

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:26 am

Do Maiden normally demand that nobody else is playing at the same time they are? At festivals I wouldn't usually bother to pay attention to who else might be on at the same time as Maiden.

The Download day tickets are indeed expensive, but compared to arena shows they're arguably a lot better value for money. Rain and mud asides that is.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 am

Black Wizard wrote:Do Maiden normally demand that nobody else is playing at the same time they are? At festivals I wouldn't usually bother to pay attention to who else might be on at the same time as Maiden.

The Download day tickets are indeed expensive, but compared to arena shows they're arguably a lot better value for money. Rain and mud asides that is.

Don't know if they demand it but last 2 times they've played DL they've been unopposed.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:54 am

Excellent.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:07 am

Black Wizard wrote:Do Maiden normally demand that nobody else is playing at the same time they are? At festivals I wouldn't usually bother to pay attention to who else might be on at the same time as Maiden.

I don't think so, they've played Hellfest twice, and both teams bands have been other stages.

Odd they're still doing the Legacy Of The Beast setlist, as it will be over 2 years old by then.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:15 am

bloodfiend wrote:Odd they're still doing the Legacy Of The Beast setlist, as it will be over 2 years old by then.

I think this was inevitable when it started. The Maiden England tour went on for three years and made them a lot of money, so it shouldn't really be surprising that they're doing the same with Legacy of the Beast. It is frustrating though as they've more or less completed an album and could be using these shows to play new music instead.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:18 pm

Still gonna wait until I see the stage times and the weather forecast before deciding whether or not to get a day ticket for Maiden.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Soooo.... another year that Download can't produce a lineup that tempts me to get a ticket. Perhaps 4 bands across the weekend that I'd go out of my way to see, and maybe another 6 or so I'd watch at a festival because they were on. That's just not enough to justify the expense.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Alter Bridge subheadling one of the days was inevitable and welcome. Saturday looks great now, but I bet Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, Funeral For A Friend and Sepultura will all clash.

Copping has said on twitter that KSE won't clash with Maiden and that Disturbed won't clash with Korn or SOAD

Works out pretty decently then

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:49 pm

houston4044 wrote:Copping has said on twitter that KSE won't clash with Maiden and that Disturbed won't clash with Korn or SOAD

I'm not so bothered by the prospect of missing Killswitch as I saw them four times with Maiden in 2018 and once last year. I've seen Sepultura less often and I wouldn't mind briefly revisiting my teenage years and seeing Funeral For A Friend's set too. :shy:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Copping has said on twitter that KSE won't clash with Maiden and that Disturbed won't clash with Korn or SOAD

I'm not so bothered by the prospect of missing Killswitch as I saw them four times with Maiden in 2018 and once last year. I've seen Sepultura less often and I wouldn't mind briefly revisiting my teenage years and seeing Funeral For A Friend's set too. :shy:

Pretty much the appeal of the Sunday for me :lol:

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 am

houston4044 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:

The more I look at the line-up, the more I'm starting to think the same thing. If Disturbed are finishing as early as Copping's tweet about clashes seems to suggest, I could end up watching several bands that would make for a fine nostalgia trip and still make the last train back to Leeds

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:43 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Black Wizard wrote:I'm not so bothered by the prospect of missing Killswitch as I saw them four times with Maiden in 2018 and once last year. I've seen Sepultura less often and I wouldn't mind briefly revisiting my teenage years and seeing Funeral For A Friend's set too. :shy:

The more I look at the line-up, the more I'm starting to think the same thing. If Disturbed are finishing as early as Copping's tweet about clashes seems to suggest, I could end up watching several bands that would make for a fine nostalgia trip and still make the last train back to Leeds

What time is the last train? I always thought Derby trains finished relatively early. If there is one, that's great news!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:55 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

What time is the last train? I always thought Derby trains finished relatively early. If there is one, that's great news!

Currently, the last train from Derby to Leeds on a Sunday is at 10.43pm

It would mean leaving before the end of SOAD but I've done it before (when the 2nd stage has finished quite early which Copping's tweet seemed to suggest will be the case this year) and because most people are still on-site, getting back to Derby station was super quick as there was no traffic.
Only downside to this approach is having to wait until the stage times are released and making a last-minute decision to buy a day ticket.