Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Glad I sold my ticket, didn't think it would get any better :lol:

Also Bloodstock has had 9 bands on Main Stage each on Fri/Sat/Sun every year for a long time now, just checking back on some of the previous year posters shows this.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2581
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Soen is an incredible booking. Heard good things about Idle Hands, need to check them out. Checked out the three tracks Viscera have on Spotify - flipping heavy! Can imagine if they are tight they'll be cracking live. Might be a bit too 'core' sounding in their extreme sound for some on here though.
Image

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:14 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:Glad I sold my ticket, didn't think it would get any better :lol:

.


What made you buy a ticket in the first place? This is quite possibly the worst BOA line up there's ever been.... and I'm including the times it was a 1.5 day fest in 2005 and 2006.

If looking for something else to do during the same weekend, the best festival in Europe just happens to be taking place in the Czech Rep at the same time....

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1885
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 am

bloodfiend wrote:
SlaytanicBacon wrote:Glad I sold my ticket, didn't think it would get any better :lol:

.


What made you buy a ticket in the first place? This is quite possibly the worst BOA line up there's ever been.... and I'm including the times it was a 1.5 day fest in 2005 and 2006.

If looking for something else to do during the same weekend, the best festival in Europe just happens to be taking place in the Czech Rep at the same time....


Hey, what was wrong with 2005? lol.

2006 admittedly had some right garbage on the Saturday, but that Friday run of Majesty - Savage Circus - Axel Rudi Pell - Primal Fear? I'd give a limb for a bit of that at Bloodstock these days.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:28 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
SlaytanicBacon wrote:Glad I sold my ticket, didn't think it would get any better :lol:

.


What made you buy a ticket in the first place? This is quite possibly the worst BOA line up there's ever been.... and I'm including the times it was a 1.5 day fest in 2005 and 2006.

If looking for something else to do during the same weekend, the best festival in Europe just happens to be taking place in the Czech Rep at the same time....


Hey, what was wrong with 2005? lol.

2006 admittedly had some right garbage on the Saturday, but that Friday run of Majesty - Savage Circus - Axel Rudi Pell - Primal Fear? I'd give a limb for a bit of that at Bloodstock these days.


No no - I was talking about the outdoor Bloodstock's in 2005 and 2006, not the indoor.

My point was even when it was a much lower budget outdoor festival in 05 and 06, and it was only a day and a half long (Friday evening, all day Saturday, then we went home on Sunday), the line ups of the festival way back then were still better.

I meant this is literally the worst line up for the outdoor Bloodstock I've seen, even included the low key versions of the festival that it started out as.

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:18 am

bloodfiend wrote:What made you buy a ticket in the first place? This is quite possibly the worst BOA line up there's ever been.... and I'm including the times it was a 1.5 day fest in 2005 and 2006.

If looking for something else to do during the same weekend, the best festival in Europe just happens to be taking place in the Czech Rep at the same time....

I'm a huge fan of Devin Townsend, so I bought my ticket after he was announced as headliner and would be playing heavier songs (also at Early Bird pricing).

I like all three headliners for Bloodstock this year and at the time most of the under card was not yet announced. As it is 20th anniversary, I honestly thought many more decent bands were gonna get booked, especially bands that have played Bloodstock before or haven't played in a long time.

I'm actually going Into the Grave in Netherlands on the same weekend which has a far superior lineup.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:26 am

SlaytanicBacon wrote:I'm actually going Into the Grave in Netherlands on the same weekend which has a far superior lineup.


I guess if you like Devin ITG is a good line up, not much there for me apart from Vreid and Gloryhammer....still better than Bloodstock though!

I should be going to NEtherlands for Eindhoven Metal Meeting later on in December, it's always a blast.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Happy with most of the bands in the announcement but it does feel like filler, don't have much hope for the last few main stage slots tbh.

Friday looks to be the strongest day so far for me, Saturday starts well but falls off a cliff and Sunday is more misses than hits for me.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1885
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
What made you buy a ticket in the first place? This is quite possibly the worst BOA line up there's ever been.... and I'm including the times it was a 1.5 day fest in 2005 and 2006.

If looking for something else to do during the same weekend, the best festival in Europe just happens to be taking place in the Czech Rep at the same time....


Hey, what was wrong with 2005? lol.

2006 admittedly had some right garbage on the Saturday, but that Friday run of Majesty - Savage Circus - Axel Rudi Pell - Primal Fear? I'd give a limb for a bit of that at Bloodstock these days.


No no - I was talking about the outdoor Bloodstock's in 2005 and 2006, not the indoor.

My point was even when it was a much lower budget outdoor festival in 05 and 06, and it was only a day and a half long (Friday evening, all day Saturday, then we went home on Sunday), the line ups of the festival way back then were still better.

I meant this is literally the worst line up for the outdoor Bloodstock I've seen, even included the low key versions of the festival that it started out as.


Oh I see :lol: nevermind

Yeah, you're right. This is by far the weakest Bloodstock of them all, indoor or outdoor. To the point where (with the exception of Judas Priest) if Hard Rock Hell were to run an outdoor festival with their usual approach of booking mostly filler, then this is what it might look like.

As much as many folk were begging for Priest to play for a long time, if booking them is gonna cause this amount of cost-saving on the undercard, I'd rather they didn't bother.

User avatar
Smerphy
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: Perthshire

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Smerphy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:15 am

Not gonna lie, when I saw Acid Reign at the top of the announcement I had low expectations, but I'm actually impressed by the number of up and coming bands that they've booked, Svalbard, Conjurer, Green Lung and Idle Hands are all bands who have received loads of praise and who actually seem to be cultivating a following, not some pub band with 1000 likes on Facebook that they'd usually stuff at the bottom of the Sophie and say "look we're booking up and coming bands, we're promoting the scene".
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.



That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Smerphy wrote:Not gonna lie, when I saw Acid Reign at the top of the announcement I had low expectations, but I'm actually impressed by the number of up and coming bands that they've booked, Svalbard, Conjurer, Green Lung and Idle Hands are all bands who have received loads of praise and who actually seem to be cultivating a following, not some pub band with 1000 likes on Facebook that they'd usually stuff at the bottom of the Sophie and say "look we're booking up and coming bands, we're promoting the scene".


I agree! Weirdly enough, this is looking like one of the best lineups for me since I started attending in 2013. I'm hyped to see all three headliners and I've got the added bonus of Cattle Decapitation too. :D I like that there's a couple of rarities in there with Sacred Reich and Vio-Lence, along with a few good-sized bands that I've not seen before (Dark Tranquility, Toxic Holocaust, Orange Goblin, Exhumed). Not to mention all the up and coming bands that they've chosen really well this year (Jinjer, Svalbard, Idle Hands, Green Lung). Sure Skindred and Paradise Lost seem like a bit of a cop-out in special guest slots, but I can see how Skindred into Devin will work well.

henryburch4
Powermetal Child
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby henryburch4 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 am

with sunday main looking complete where abouts do you think the sophie bands will be and clash with?
as much as i love green lung (woodland rites was my aoty) surely they cant be above unleash the archers.

same with bossk above exhumed. bossk did sub the stage in 17 though right ?

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Jay1993 wrote:this is looking like one of the best lineups for me since I started attending in 2013.


It's the best one since 2017 for me, even with the incomplete line up so far :lol:


henryburch4 wrote:with sunday main looking complete where abouts do you think the sophie bands will be and clash with?



Unless it's stated where i.e. they're sub or headlining the Sophie stage then they could be anywhere on the day atm. Though on the Sunday I think that's the top 3 for the stage.

JPMC
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: Next Announcement

Postby JPMC » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:52 am

I think someone else said this too. Friday is a good day, Saturday starts off crap but then gets better, Sunday... yeah... do not care. Will likely head off around lunchtime!

This happened last time Judas Priest played too, they had to really limit the budget on bands by the looks of it. Thankfully (2018), Doro, Alestorm and Watain saved it from being a shit show.

Please, need more decent bands BS!

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8832
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Tet » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:11 pm

JPMC wrote:I think someone else said this too. Friday is a good day, Saturday starts off crap but then gets better, Sunday... yeah... do not care.

That's pretty much the opposite of me. There are literally no main stage bands I want to see on Friday or Saturday. There are a few on Sunday though.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...