Last gig ticket you bought?

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Last gig ticket you bought?

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Dakesis/Fury in April at The Unicorn in Camden. This will be a new venue for me.

Sepultura at the Tramshed in Cardiff in June.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:32 am

Black Wizard wrote:Dakesis/Fury in April at The Unicorn in Camden. This will be a new venue for me.

A pain to get too because not near tube. I got the bus from Euston Station I think.
Nice pub though. They do a lot of nice free gigs too.
I see the bad moon arising.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:38 am

Ghost wrote:A pain to get too because not near tube. I got the bus from Euston Station I think.
Nice pub though. They do a lot of nice free gigs too.

Thanks. It's not the getting to the venue I'm worried about - it's getting back to Paddington for the 11:30 train! If I can't make it then I'll be on a tediously slow train that stops at a bunch of places nobody lives in.

Last Friday got a ticket for Epica & Apocalyptica at the Roundhouse. I might also go to see Devilskin again in the Underworld. They're playing with another Kiwi band Like A Storm whom I've never heard of.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:48 am

Black Wizard wrote:Thanks. It's not the getting to the venue I'm worried about - it's getting back to Paddington for the 11:30 train! If I can't make it then I'll be on a tediously slow train that stops at a bunch of places nobody lives in.

Yeah you'll probably have to leave before encore to do that. There's a bus right outside the pub, then back to euston, walk to Euston Square tube and I'm sure you know the rest.
On Sunday there was no circle/metropolitan/hammersmith line due to engineering and the bakerloo line was shut due to strikes. So had to go down then up just to get from Paddington to Kentish Town.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:47 pm

Grand Magus/Wolf/Bastard in Norwich. Great bill!

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:45 pm

Incineration Fest
Had my eye on it for a while and the last couple of announcements swung it for me.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:59 am

Paradise Lost album launch show @ The Warehouse, Leeds
(hed) PE @ Key Club, Leeds
H.E.A.T @ The Warehouse, Leeds

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Mon May 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Taken a punt that all will be back to normal by December and booked Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Hotel has free cancellation and ticket can be refunded if postponed.
Line up is great for me.... Unleashed, God Dethroned, Mgla, Borknagar, Rotting Christ, Thanatos and then Vltimas and the Great Old Ones added yesterday. Plus more to be added.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue May 05, 2020 12:38 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:Taken a punt that all will be back to normal by December and booked Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Hotel has free cancellation and ticket can be refunded if postponed.
Line up is great for me.... Unleashed, God Dethroned, Mgla, Borknagar, Rotting Christ, Thanatos and then Vltimas and the Great Old Ones added yesterday. Plus more to be added.

Sounds good. Hope it all works out for you. :yes:

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue May 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Ghost wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:Taken a punt that all will be back to normal by December and booked Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Hotel has free cancellation and ticket can be refunded if postponed.

Sounds good. Hope it all works out for you. :yes:

Cheers :yes: 7 months away so hoping odds are in my favour that goes ahead.
Not sure if you are familiar with Dutch band Thanatos who are playing, but know from previous posts you like the same stuff as me.... give their new album violent death rituals a spin.... decent thrashy death metal.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Tue May 05, 2020 2:38 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:Cheers :yes: 7 months away so hoping odds are in my favour that goes ahead.

What about the flights though? Or are you leaving that until nearer the time?

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue May 05, 2020 2:51 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:Not sure if you are familiar with Dutch band Thanatos who are playing, but know from previous posts you like the same stuff as me.... give their new album violent death rituals a spin.... decent thrashy death metal.

Thanks, after a quick listen I can confirm they're my sort of thing. I'm into old school chugging riff based death metal rather than the overly technical stuff.

Think I've seen the name before but kept thinking they were named after a marvel character. :lol:

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue May 05, 2020 3:10 pm

gavdann wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:Cheers :yes: 7 months away so hoping odds are in my favour that goes ahead.

What about the flights though? Or are you leaving that until nearer the time?

Getting the Eurostar. Always do when going to Holland as far less hassle. Helps that Eurostar station is on my doorstep. Go the Brussels then get train over to south Holland. They don’t come on sale for another 6 weeks but figure my travel insurance through my bank will cover that part of the trip if postponed. Only normally costs about £70 return

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue May 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Ghost wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:Not sure if you are familiar with Dutch band Thanatos who are playing, but know from previous posts you like the same stuff as me.... give their new album violent death rituals a spin.... decent thrashy death metal.

Thanks, after a quick listen I can confirm they're my sort of thing. I'm into old school chugging riff based death metal rather than the overly technical stuff.

Think I've seen the name before but kept thinking they were named after a marvel character. :lol:

Yeah same as me, I’m not huge fan of too fast too technical death metal.
Their earlier album global purification is also great

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue May 05, 2020 6:05 pm

gazsetsfire wrote:
Getting the Eurostar. Always do when going to Holland as far less hassle. Helps that Eurostar station is on my doorstep. Go the Brussels then get train over to south Holland. They don’t come on sale for another 6 weeks but figure my travel insurance through my bank will cover that part of the trip if postponed. Only normally costs about £70 return

How much is the accommodation? Do you go on your own (don't worry I'm not proposing to come with you :lol:?