Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Next Announcement

Postby i0th2 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:28 pm

So, they deleted my account for posting that screenshot.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun May 03, 2020 7:41 am

TheVampyre wrote:Obviously, not going ahead, come on Bloodstock, have the balls and tell people

I feel sorry for the organisers at this point. They obviously want to put the festival on and probably have good reasons for making the announcement at a specific point, be that insurance or just getting the Comms right so they mitigate losses this year and don't have too many people not wanting to roll their tickets to next year.

Sure we all want to know what is going on, but with the best will in the world, given the circumstances, it was never going to go ahead this year.

The organisers are trying to protect their business, and I for one rather hope they do as I want to be able to go again in future years. So how about giving them a break, let them try and protect the festival for the future.....and THEN whinge.

Come on, would anyone on here want to be in their position at the moment. It must be a nightmare trying to get all the logistics for cancelling this year and rolling forward what they can till next.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:17 am

Considering one of the Directors in March said:

So whilst everyone in the U.K. is obsessing over corona virus our council tax has gone up 3% and politicians have had a 3% pay rise and in the grand scheme of things the mortality rate of corona in the U.K. equals that of michael barrymores swimming pool !media bullshit

I don't think they've been talking it very seriously

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sun May 03, 2020 11:07 am

i0th2 wrote:So, they deleted my account for posting that screenshot.

Hilarious, although I'm surprised they even bothered to do that considering how little interest they have in this forum. What with destroying the forum a few years ago, and now banning regulars for petty reasons, they clearly don't want people using, so just remove the fucking thing.

Posting a screen shot of something that was on this website? Ooh that's gotta be against the forum rules.

And great way to go about it, don't just delete the post, replace it with an ominous post from the Administrator. So you've tried to hide the fact the festival is cancelled by doing it in a way thats made it glaringly obvious to everyone that it's definitely cancelled? Brilliant.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Sun May 03, 2020 11:17 am

Whilst I support the organisers in their choice of when to make their announcement re cancellation, the deletion of accounts IS a thing worth whinging about. It's pretty and pathetic and obviously highlights the issue and the incompetence of whoever let the link go live. More to the point, they haven't killed the screenshots as I have just seen it on the Uprising page on Bookface.

Wonder if any of the mods or admins would be prepared to offer an explanation.
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun May 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Sounds like facism to me! What was on the screenshot? I didn't manage to see it. :(

i0th2 wrote:Considering one of the Directors in March said:

So whilst everyone in the U.K. is obsessing over corona virus our council tax has gone up 3% and politicians have had a 3% pay rise and in the grand scheme of things the mortality rate of corona in the U.K. equals that of michael barrymores swimming pool !media bullshit

I saw that too and a "Go down to the Winchester and wait for this to blow over" meme I wonder if Vicky regrets her earlier attitude after 25,000 people have died.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun May 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Black Wizard wrote:
i0th2 wrote:

I saw that too and a "Go down to the Winchester and wait for this to blow over" meme I wonder if Vicky regrets her earlier attitude after 25,000 people have died.

To be fair I don't think they were alone in that attitude. People (myself included) couldn't picture a world where things got this serious, and affected this many people for this long. Hell, most Americans are still in that level of denial.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun May 03, 2020 9:42 pm

If it's any consolation I doubt that was the intent. The 12 year old that they employ to run the website probably clicked the wrong button. Given how the last few forum "upgrades" went, the time it took to figure out how HTTPS works, and the fact that keep accidentally leaking shit, they I'm amazed they didn't accidentally delete the entire website. :lol:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:25 am

Statement confirming postponement is in the news section:

https://www.bloodstock.uk.com/news/bloodstock-hq-issues-statement-about-this-years-festival

Highlights are: 5 day festival next year, tickets can be rolled over or refunded, next year's ticket prayers only going up by a tenner.

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:15 am

Very well handled. An extra day of metal shenanigans for only an extra tenner, brilliant

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:22 am

WorMzy wrote:

If it's any consolation I doubt that was the intent. The 12 year old that they employ to run the website probably clicked the wrong button. Given how the last few forum "upgrades" went, the time it took to figure out how HTTPS works, and the fact that keep accidentally leaking shit, they I'm amazed they didn't accidentally delete the entire website. :lol:

I am 100% prepared to believe that :lol: :lol:

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:41 am

The countdown's changed and line-up page is back to being 2021 but no bands on atm.

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Mon May 04, 2020 8:43 am

It's all official now, most bands are rolling over to 2021, really hope they book some more inspiring bands for the extra day.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Mon May 04, 2020 8:48 am

PowerThrash wrote:It's all official now, most bands are rolling over to 2021, really hope they book some more inspiring bands for the extra day.

King 810, Chelsea Grin and Whitechapel at your service. :)

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:57 am

I wonder if Thursday will be fleshed out to a full day or whether we just get a similar deal on the Wednesday?