Next Announcement

For general discussion of all things B.O.A.
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Next Announcement

Postby Skippy » Thu May 07, 2020 11:52 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
Black no. 1 wrote:With the extra day just being a few bands on Sophie.

What? The extra day is a full day with main stage bands.

No it's not. The festival clarified this in response to a question on Facebook. The Weds & Thurs next year are just the Sophie, New Blood & Jager stages. No main stage bands.

It makes you wonder what the point is when the only bands of any note they'll have that day will be the bands that were already playing - Night Flight, Necrogoblikon and Raised by Owls. I don't expect the extra bands to be particularly exciting, nor do I expect the Wednesday bands to be anything approaching the size of those three.

I keep seeing people making requests on the Facebook page for all these reasonably sized bands, as if none of them realise that the only two big slots that are left to fill for the entire next year and a half are the second stage headliner on Sunday and the Mainstage headliner on Saturday. One of those is probably going to be Hatebreed.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Thu May 07, 2020 12:45 pm

There doesn't seem to be any Sunday slot for the Sophie stage... so... er... wat?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu May 07, 2020 12:53 pm

Skippy wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
What? The extra day is a full day with main stage bands.

No it's not. The festival clarified this in response to a question on Facebook. The Weds & Thurs next year are just the Sophie, New Blood & Jager stages. No main stage bands.

It makes you wonder what the point is when the only bands of any note they'll have that day will be the bands that were already playing - Night Flight, Necrogoblikon and Raised by Owls. I don't expect the extra bands to be particularly exciting, nor do I expect the Wednesday bands to be anything approaching the size of those three.

I keep seeing people making requests on the Facebook page for all these reasonably sized bands, as if none of them realise that the only two big slots that are left to fill for the entire next year and a half are the second stage headliner on Sunday and the Mainstage headliner on Saturday. One of those is probably going to be Hatebreed.

I know what you mean, but I suppose their argument would be that if they were gonna start expanding to the point where they open up the main stage for an extra day as well (maybe even two) then the ticket price would probably need to go up by more than £10. And people would just moan about that so you can't win either way I guess.

I agree that the low-profile bands they've been having on the Sophie stage didn't persuade me (and many others probably) to hold on to their weekend ticket (or even buy one if not already) if we're only gonna get more filler on the Weds & Thurs.

I went for a refund because the lineup was quickly becoming a complete waste for me on the Friday and Saturday with the sole exception of Paradise Lost. If the Saturday headliner ends up being someone I really want to see (e.g. Mercyful Fate) then I'll just buy a new weekend ticket at a small additional cost, no big deal. My confidence in them booking a decent headliner for the Saturday though isn't very high.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Thu May 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Skippy wrote:
bloodofthekings wrote:It makes you wonder what the point is when the only bands of any note they'll have that day will be the bands that were already playing - Night Flight, Necrogoblikon and Raised by Owls.

The point is its a bonus, I dont think its intended to be some big extra thing to market long term and they dont have the money to implement that if it was.

Its just a way of adding a little bit extra so we can have an extra day hanging out in a field with our mates listening to some bands to go some small way to making up for the shit show that is 2020

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:18 pm

It's also possible they might be able to get bands of a slightly higher stature for the Thursday now there's no mainstage clash.

i0th2
Definitely Not Nu

Postby i0th2 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:19 pm

JPMC wrote:There doesn't seem to be any Sunday slot for the Sophie stage... so... er... wat?

There's still loads of Sophie bands to add, looks like they've just done the headliners so far and as there's currently no Sunday headliner, there's no column on the line-up page.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Thu May 07, 2020 5:17 pm

i0th2 wrote:It's also possible they might be able to get bands of a slightly higher stature for the Thursday now there's no mainstage clash.

Wouldn't bank on it. There's never a mainstage clash on the Thursday and most of what they usually book for that night is throwaway at best

varangian
Consort of the Beast

Postby varangian » Fri May 08, 2020 10:18 am

10th I'm hoping you had some response about your account, knee jerk rather than any vindictive id wager

Hoping Idle Hands still get on there, very much enjoyed their last album, still only go the Sunday though the overall line up isnt to my taste especially the Saturday apart from PL
Friday for me would still improve with a more popular Special guest and Skindred down to third

Sunday did have an interesting Sophie so I hope they can retain those bands

I have a feeling they will go for Lamb of God to replace Behemoth

Wednesday and Thursday headliners I`d go for something with name appeal maybe Dirkenschneider or given the way they rammed the tent a couple of years back Suicidal Tendencies?

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri May 08, 2020 11:50 am

varangian wrote:Friday for me would still improve with a more popular Special guest and Skindred down to third

Sunday did have an interesting Sophie so I hope they can retain those bands

I have a feeling they will go for Lamb of God to replace Behemoth

Wednesday and Thursday headliners I`d go for something with name appeal maybe Dirkenschneider or given the way they rammed the tent a couple of years back Suicidal Tendencies?

I was hoping they'd use the extra year and a half they have now to get in some more special bands as special guests, Bury Tomorrow and Skindred in particular just seemed like stopgaps in their slots. I guess it would look bad if they kicked them off the lineup or moved them down now.

I think most of the Sunday bands are still around, most are still on the poster. Unleash the Archers would be the only one I have an interest in to be honest.

With the Saturday headliner it depends how much money they've lost - they can retain all the same bands because they've already paid for them, but they might not be able to afford someone like Lamb of God right now. I hope they can't, that band are terrible.

I think Katatonia would be amazing as the Sunday Sophie headliner, and be the ideal choice right now but again I'm not expecting anything particularly special.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Sat May 09, 2020 11:22 am

Jamey Jasta has posted on Facebook that he hopes to be part of the 2021 lineup and tagged a couple of the festival organisers so we're probably gonna get either Hatebreed or that Jasta thing in one of the slots.

Oh joy...

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat May 09, 2020 1:42 pm

Breedstock 2021

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed May 13, 2020 9:10 pm

Black Wizard wrote:Breedstock 2021

Fuckthatstock 2021
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 pm

I'm hearing rumours about Poison being a possibility. Anyone heard these rumours? What would you all say to some glam metal/rock?

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon May 18, 2020 1:10 pm

Baldy77 wrote:I'm hearing rumours about Poison being a possibility. Anyone heard these rumours? What would you all say to some glam metal/rock?

Can't really see it - they've not played here since early 90s and I think they've only done 1 gig in Europe in that time. They're on the Leppard/Crue stadium tour which will probably be re-scheduled for next summer.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon May 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Baldy77 wrote:I'm hearing rumours about Poison being a possibility. Anyone heard these rumours? What would you all say to some glam metal/rock?

Not a chance. Even with the ways Bloodstock have diversified over the years, this would be a huge departure and way too much of a risk, especially given the obscene amounts of money Poison charge - which is pretty much the main reason why they haven't played in the UK or Europe for so long. They can command much higher fees in the US and obviously aren't willing to accept that they can't do the same here so they don't bother coming over.