Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Innuendo
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Innuendo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

Total war is probably the best gaming series ever... or maybe civ. You say it's more graphics over gameplay, but playing Medieval 2 with graphics turned up, best looking game ever. Well, until crysis came out :P

Also, Nvidia have finally announced 3 way SLI for 680i mobos. I always wondered why my motherboard had 3 slots for graphics cards, and now I can sleep easy over it. Damned thing will only work with 8800gtxs though soooooo, has anyone got a grand hanging around they ain't using so I can be ridiculous and have 3 8800 ultras linked up. I'll send you pretty pictures of what it looks like ;)

jackolantern
Lowly Peon

Postby jackolantern » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:06 am

Currenly back to playing GTA SA on PS2 but have loads of games I'm also flicking in between of such as Suikoden 4, Atelier Iris, Kingdom Hearts, FF XII, FF X, Smackdown Vs Raw 2006. Haven't been able to play the follow ups to those RPGs yet though (except S VS R). Got loads more but it would take an age to list them

Arntor
Consort of the Beast

Postby Arntor » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:17 am

May i just add....Project IGI is the greatest game of all time. Followed by champ manager 2000/2001

Yes i am behind the times!!

At the moment i'm enjoying mafia ont pc!

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:15 pm

Hehe playing final fantasy X on the pc atm :) Found an emulator (tiny bit slow at times :()

If you have a nice PC to run the emulator, add me on msn if you want the emulation software in a .rar file.

adlymiles@hotmail.com

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:19 pm

Just downloaded myself Realms of the Haunting because its been almost 10 years since I played it and I loved it.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:18 pm

Xzar wrote:
andeh wrote:I've just found out there's another Dawn of War expansion coming out next year called Soul Storm, with the Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle as the 2 new races

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/966/966668.html

Awesome! I'm going to have to get my hands on that. GW admitting Dark Eldar exist?! Phenomenal! But where are tyranids?

Aye, I'd like to have seen the Tyranids in this new one, but apparently they would be too unbalanced in the game and hard to animate what with frame rate issues and stuff, since you would need a lot of them on screen to do much good in the first place.

As for the Total War games, I have Shogun and Medieval and the Viking Invasion expansion, they're brilliant games, really addictive

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:21 pm

Xzar wrote:
andeh wrote:I've just found out there's another Dawn of War expansion coming out next year called Soul Storm, with the Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle as the 2 new races

Awesome! I'm going to have to get my hands on that. GW admitting Dark Eldar exist?! Phenomenal! But where are tyranids?

Tyranids are incompatible with the DoW engine, apparently.

Ross wrote:Rickles, I've just added you to MSN. I've found about 100 megs of JK2 addons hidden in my removable hardrive.

Cool, thanks, but I've not had a request saying "this guy wants to add you" yet =/.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:59 pm

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:
Xzar wrote:

Pah, excuses. There was a fan-made project going around quite a while ago which was a Tyranid mod and in the early stages it looked really promising. The engine handles melee quite well and being a couple of years old, new computers should easily handle the extra strain a few more polys would put on it.

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:
Xzar wrote:

Ross wrote:Rickles, I've just added you to MSN. I've found about 100 megs of JK2 addons hidden in my removable hardrive.

Cool, thanks, but I've not had a request saying "this guy wants to add you" yet =/.

I've definately added you under the email address in your profle. :S Don't know whats going on there.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:25 pm

I can't stop playing Team Fortress 2.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

MetalSlug
Warrior of Metal

Postby MetalSlug » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm currently hooked on Assassins Creed on the Xbox 360.

Best game I have played in a while.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:08 am

For all you Half Life nuts out there, I present Project Black Mesa.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Basically it's a total conversion of HL to the Havok engine instead of the lameness that was HL:Source
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:48 am

Brother and I picked up Guitar Hero 2 2/hand. Fun but difficult for the coordination impaired.
One tip: Don't play it with a pair of little girls in the room. They will want to have a go and the game is difficult enough without a toddler clinging to your shins.

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Jedi Academy isn't working for me on Vista :(

You guys who were talking about it.. What OS do you use?

Raven
Leather Rebel

Postby Raven » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:55 pm

can someone help me :|

Im a game system noob but recently dicoverd my copy of ps1 resident evil went to play it the other day works fine but wont let me save on the memory card ive got in me ps2 :(

Any suggestions

and yes im thick lol