What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:19 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Hearing one of our songs on BBC WM radio last night :D:D

Inevitably pronounced the name wrong though :x

Well done hunny.
Will have to drag my gothic arse to your next gig- although I keep saying that.

I can't prounouce the name either though hun :oops:

Well done again :D
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

sacriment
Warrior of Metal

Postby sacriment » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:26 pm

nothing coz im sat at fucking college bored :x
There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
and it's filled with people who are filled with shit!
And the vermin of the world inhabit it!

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:38 pm

bought beyond the permafrost by skeletonwitch. its pretty damn good
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm

It's not my sort of music but bloody good job. Well done!

Went to see that flat this evening, well impressed with it. The estate agent's going to get back to me on whether the other interested party is going to take it if not then I need to raise the money to snap it up myself to move in next month. Will I survive without somebody doing my cooking for me? Probably not. :eyes: But it's about time I found a bit of independence.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:17 am

My sore throat cleared.

I celebrated by singing 'Do You Hear the People Sing?' from Les Miserables in the car ALLL the way to work. I only remembered when I parked up that the windows were open. Oh well!

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:15 am

Went to the gym last night.
Nearly 2 hours of fun.
I remember to do a varied exercise and warm up.
Actually not too sore.
I managed to get to the gym every monday, wednesday and friday before christmas so will hopefully start doing the same.

Feel good.

Just wish my crush (who is also my mate) was not there last night- me all sweaty and red not attractive. :o :oops:
Oh well. Atleast I got to see hime felx his muscles and had a small chat with him :D

Getting to the point where singledom sucks :(
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Managed to get an assignment to a decent standard and handed it in 2 hours early :D

Oh and getting Babe the sheep-pig on DVD for £5

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Ringing in to take a flexi day. Promptly went back to bed, resurfacing a couple of hours later for a PS2 session.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:21 pm

jackcake wrote:

Went to see that flat this evening, well impressed with it. The estate agent's going to get back to me on whether the other interested party is going to take it if not then I need to raise the money to snap it up myself to move in next month. Will I survive without somebody doing my cooking for me? Probably not. :eyes: But it's about time I found a bit of independence.

See, I'm learning how to cook in advance for when I move out :P It's more fun than you might first expect in all fairness.

I'm happy because work last night = success. Man, I got paid £23.60 right, for sitting eating biscuits, reading magazines, having fag breaks and talking :/ The woman I'm working with who was 'training' me, trained me in how to skive off without them noticing :/

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:57 pm

k8iemay wrote:
jackcake wrote:

See, I'm learning how to cook in advance for when I move out :P It's more fun than you might first expect in all fairness.

I'm happy because work last night = success. Man, I got paid £23.60 right, for sitting eating biscuits, reading magazines, having fag breaks and talking :/ The woman I'm working with who was 'training' me, trained me in how to skive off without them noticing :/

Cooking is good for you. I find it therapeutic, and interesting. Especially if you're not cooking for anyone but yourself, you can experiment more (i.e. just throwing things together and seeing how it comes out). It's fun...and girls like it ;)
Whatever you do, when you're living on your own don't fall into the trap of being lazy and just having sandwiches or instant meals...a trap I'm falling into at the moment, which I'm gonna force myself out of.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:04 pm

angel_of_death wrote:
k8iemay wrote:
jackcake wrote:

Cooking is good for you. I find it therapeutic, and interesting. Especially if you're not cooking for anyone but yourself, you can experiment more (i.e. just throwing things together and seeing how it comes out). It's fun...and girls like it ;)
Whatever you do, when you're living on your own don't fall into the trap of being lazy and just having sandwiches or instant meals...a trap I'm falling into at the moment, which I'm gonna force myself out of.

I fell into that trap for about a year and then my doctor wasnt too pleased when she found out. Now im capable of making a fucking nice chicken tikka masala when drunk!! And I love my grilled chicken salads

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:51 pm

I like cooking because the rewards are exceptionally tangible!

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:59 pm

*red* wrote:Getting to the point where singledom sucks :(

There's a point where it doesn't?

Anyway, study leave now. Hurrah! two days to doss before my exam.
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

blargle
Definitely Not Nu

Postby blargle » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:00 pm

I started work again today. It's a hard job, and painful at that but I really really love doing it. I haven't felt so happy in a long time!

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:43 pm

My mum and dad being ace to me recently and really helping me get out of the brown stuff.