The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:18 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
Xzar wrote:'Cos in metal, you are free from the constraints of image, we're all so tolerant and people are free to do whatever they like, everyone is a metal brother, it doesn't matter what you do so long as you're having a rockin' good time OH WAIT PUT THAT THUMB IN ZOMG!!! :lol:

I think I broke the first rule of being a fan of metal... I'm gonna go cry under my covers and listen to some emo... :rolleyes:

We are only joking you know... suppose I should include more smilies in posts in future...

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Beardy wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:
Xzar wrote:'Cos in metal, you are free from the constraints of image, we're all so tolerant and people are free to do whatever they like, everyone is a metal brother, it doesn't matter what you do so long as you're having a rockin' good time OH WAIT PUT THAT THUMB IN ZOMG!!! :lol:

I think I broke the first rule of being a fan of metal... I'm gonna go cry under my covers and listen to some emo... :rolleyes:

We are only joking you know... suppose I should include more smilies in posts in future...

Haha, ok I'll let you off. I'm so used to elitism on metal forums, it wouldn't shock me if you were being deadly serious :o
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:34 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
Beardy wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:

Haha, ok I'll let you off. I'm so used to elitism on metal forums, it wouldn't shock me if you were being deadly serious :o

I couldn't be elitist if I tried, I own William Shatner albums fergod'ssake! :lol:

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:48 pm

Beardy wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:
Beardy wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:

I couldn't be elitist if I tried, I own William Shatner albums fergod'ssake! :lol:

Yeah but it's sweet! Especially "I Can't Get Behind That" and his amazing cover of "Common People"!
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:15 am

The t-shirt thing is true though......
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:20 am

Sammi Curr wrote:The t-shirt thing is true though......

Especially at a Stratovarius show.

I was joking about the thumb, btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_horns
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Oh yes.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:08 pm

I normally wear the bands tshirt to their gig.
Its a great talking point, when you're on the tube going home and people will talk go 'oh so you were just at that gig then.. bla bla bla'

and you make friends! :D

cheesemason
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cheesemason » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:56 pm

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Hamdir wrote:

I normally wear the bands tshirt to their gig.
Its a great talking point, when you're on the tube going home and people will talk go 'oh so you were just at that gig then.. bla bla bla'

and you make friends! :D

yer theres note wrong with wearing the band's shirt. often helps you find a venue if you follow someone with that shirt on :D besides, dave murrey and janick gers always wear iron maiden shirts to maiden gigs :eyes:

cheesemason wrote:http://www.theonion.com/content/node/42365

:lol:

"In an emergency session Tuesday, members of the Supreme Metal Council strongly condemned the increasing use of the metal hand sign in lay society, claiming that its meaning has become perverted by overuse"

:lol:

Jacobim
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jacobim » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Wearing a band's shirt is cooler than buying the album, for RIAA reasons.

Ghetox
Consort of the Beast

Postby Ghetox » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:01 pm

rainbow i <3 boa wrote:Yo all you metal whores!!!!!!!!!
I miss bloodstock so much
i feel so at home there!
anyways

name: selena
nickname: ellen, rainbow (as of boa '07)
loves: everything, life, dying my hair, tattoos, piercings
hates: anyone who is not open minded, being a poor student
:goggly:

love y'all
xxx

I remember you, you had that boyriend, with a hard name, which i cant remember.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:05 am

MentalInfestation wrote:Image

Leaving the thumb out doesn't bother be so much - it's just a bit lazy. But Hannah is doing something here that does bug me - she's got the sign reversed. Now, the reverse horns looks okay when held close to the body in a gothic type pose (usually both hands) but when held out it looks like a threat or an insult, as if giving the V sign. I much prefer the traditional Dio way of doing it where it looks like a salute, a sign of respect and brotherhood. If you are only interested in the music then you probably won't give a damn about this but if you see being a metal fan as belonging to a cultural group then signs and symbols are important. I wonder if it's no coincidence that the reverse horns has come into use as more aggressive forms of metal have become popular.

Regarding T-shirts, I don't see anything naff about wearing one from a previous tour by the same band - it shows your dedication. But band members wearing their own T-shirts is a bit vain.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:33 pm

We all know that the old undergrpound metal scene doesn't pay alot ... so I'm guessing bands wear their own t-shirts as they get them for free. I would if I were them. I don't think it's vain at all, just a question of economics.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:33 pm

We all know that the old underground metal scene doesn't pay alot ... so I'm guessing bands wear their own t-shirts as they get them for free. I would if I were them. I don't think it's vain at all, just a question of economics.