What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby i_am_a_viking » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:13 am

Self-teaching myself everything we were supposed to be taught this year for an English Lit exam on Wed. omgomgomgomgomgomg. I'm going to fail :cry:
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 am

Really not liking moving back in with the parents. I have a LOT of things that need doing, and I'm capable of prioritising myself and doing it all, but my parents insist on dictating what I should do everyday. So I end up doing what they want to get them off my back, and shoving back things I actually need to do. I've got my mam telling me one thing, fatha another, and I've lost track of what I actually planned to do today and they want me to scrap the plans I've made tomorrow to do other stuff. I'm getting well fucking wound up. I'm an adult ffs, I don't need people on my back I can motivate and prioritise myself, they just stress me out and make me not want to do anything.

Big_Sol
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Big_Sol » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Yes Paul I do remember. Hope ya well. Yes Xzar, that was quite a chow down for a spur of the moment on the move type thingy! :rock:
REMEMBER TOMORROW IS A DIFFERENT DAY !

markt91
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markt91 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Big D wrote: The crowd at local gigs. Maybe this is just a Pompey thing but there's a definite tendency for large chunks of the crowd to bugger off home after their mate's band has played. What? You can't spare another hour or so out of your busy schedule to check out the next band?

It's even worse when a local band supports a band who have travelled many miles to play a show and the crowd bugger off after the local one :(

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Head cold. Mouth feels like I've swallowed a pint of thinners and had five pounds of lead wedged up my nose. Supposed to be going away the weekend. Odds of a dirty great coldsore?

Might have triggered a speed camera on the way home this afternoon. :|

Made a tit of myself on the phone this afternoon. Tried to leave a message with the receptionist and never mind my stammer, I couldn't speak at all.

£175 including a credit check fee to get a phone line installed in the flat. Robbing BT bastards.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:51 pm

chavs startin on ya for no reason n wen ya dont accept a fight they hit ya anyway
bust me lip, actually didnt say a word either
You may not like it now
But this is how the story ends

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 pm

jackcake wrote:£175 including a credit check fee to get a phone line installed in the flat. Robbing BT bastards.

Jesus. Five years ago it was £90, and I thought that was too much. And they charge you the full price even if there's already a line there and they just have to put it through two inches of wall. They'll only put it through the nearest wall too, which, in our house, resulted in us having full phone and internet services right by the back door of the house, exactly where no-one will find it useful.

Bloody BT.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:12 am

If there's already a line present then they simply reconnect it but my flat doesn't have one at all. It's £124.99 to have a new line installed plus a £50 deposit, refundable after six months if I keep up with the bills.

Should be up and running next Tuesday. Then I can order t'Internet. Then I can move in. My brother's already gone. :lol:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 am

jackcake wrote:If there's already a line present then they simply reconnect it

Unless, like us, you have a line it is connected to BT etc, but inexplicably just dangles down the back wall of the house rather than going inside. In that situation, they charge you the price for a whole new line even though you're not getting one. Or they did us, anyway.
Oh, hi. I'm not Hollywood Steve. You caught me typing a new signature. This is the story of Kenny Loggins writing 'Footloose'.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:27 am

Oh, I see. Like I said, robbing bastards.

Last.fm

Samildanach
Leather Rebel

Postby Samildanach » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:36 am

Yep. And they have a monopoly as well.

Crap taste in boardgames as well as shameless thievery.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:58 am

a_p wrote:chavs startin on ya for no reason n wen ya dont accept a fight they hit ya anyway
bust me lip, actually didnt say a word either

Ach. Hope you're not too busted up dude!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

metal_witch
Powermetal Child

Postby metal_witch » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:51 pm

My neighbours....but then that's nothing new :rolleyes:

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
a_p wrote:

Ach. Hope you're not too busted up dude!

am rate cheers mate :twisted:

Charlie_Sangster wrote:My 2 Asian flatmates don't seem to understand that 0600 is TOO FUCKING EARLY to start hammering on the walls. I have had to put up with this shit for like...3 weeks, every day, without fail.

thats well bad; theres me complaining about the fire alarm going off every monday mourning at half 8 at my flat

wtf are they hammering?
You may not like it now
But this is how the story ends

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Bought a nintendo DS from ebay...it doesn't work :x A couple of weeks ago, I bought a tom tom from currys to replace the one that was stolen...it didn't work.
I got a replacement for the tom tom, and I have no doubt I'll get a replacement for the DS (the feedback is good), but what is it about me...anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Everytime :(