The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Azrael~Azure » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:35 am

Twaddlefish wrote:
Melvyn wrote:Okay, im caving in and posting in this thread, today really got to me, so i'll just say, is it all really worth it?

As much as we all bitch about it, I'm gonna say yes. There's nothing quite like being with (in a non-dirty way) someone you can't get enough of, and it hurts to leave them, even for a night.

Excuse, I have...uh, sand in my eye and a great idea for a power ballad! :P

You can always have enough of someone. I idea of being around someone 24/7 is a bit odd, I was never 'hurt' by leaving my ex for the evening. I loved spending time away by myself.
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

raka13
Warrior of Metal

Postby raka13 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:41 am

I've come to realise that my ex was a complete and total bitch.

She made me feel like shit.

And since she dumped me, she has been using me.

Luckily for me I've removed her from my life, just got to remove her from my soul and I'll be happy.

x
I am what I am.

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:48 pm

At some point you'll all hopefully come to realise that all human beings are inherently evil and do things for the good of themselves.

Therefore, everyone at some point or another is bound to think of each other as a ‘bastard’ or ‘bitch‘.

That's inevitable; even if you're the nicest person in the world. Somewhere someone doesn't like you.
In fact your niceness probably derives from your own attempt at a blissful moral gain over society.

Then again who am I to preach. :rolleyes:
(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshipped. Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man.

Jonoleth
Denim Demon

Postby Jonoleth » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:At some point you'll all hopefully come to realise that all human beings are inherently evil and do things for the good of themselves.

Doing something for yourself and being evil are not the same...

There's a lot to be said for the occasional bout of self-interest.

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Jonoleth wrote:
Azrael~Azure wrote:At some point you'll all hopefully come to realise that all human beings are inherently evil and do things for the good of themselves.

Yet how can you prove that humans are not 'evil'?

Zancan
Warrior of Metal

Postby Zancan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:07 pm

and do things for the good of themselves.

Only they sometimes don't.

You, erm, serious?

I'll prove it; I'm not evil :yes:

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:16 pm

Azrael~Azure wrote:
Jonoleth wrote:

Define "Evil".

I will grant that most people have the capacity to do unpleasant things given the right circumstances and motivation. This is not the same thing as being inherently "Evil"

Melvyn
Consort of the Beast

Postby Melvyn » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Define "Spoon"

Ive given up, things are tearing apart faster than i can even think about putting them back together, and im not good at sewing (Put the needle straight through my thumb doing Textiles (Compulsory) in Comprehensive school)

Azrael~Azure
Consort of the Beast

Postby Azrael~Azure » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Zancan wrote:
and do things for the good of themselves.

Only they sometimes don't.

You, erm, serious?

I'll prove it; I'm not evil :yes:

You can spend thousands of hours boiling everything down to eventually find that somewhere in there the act of kindness was still for the good of the person doing it.

E.g. Giving money to charity - Makes the giver feel good about themselves and lures people to believe they are selfless.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong in it at all, you're all probably getting the wrong idea. I'm just trying to say it's human nature. So when people wonder why some things happen a certain way in a relationship they can look back on say this perspective, and perhaps others and gain more sensible answers.

And perhaps 'evil' was a strong term to use. I'll just stick to twisted and flawed. :lol:

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:51 am

the problem is that you can never really win in a relationship.

If your "nice" then you are either perceived as too nice and therefore boring or a walk over and people take advantage.
If your mean then although in the short-run someone may like that and find the boy boy (or girl) attractive nothing long term can really come of it because who honestly wants to spend the rest of their lives with someone who treats them bad?

We need to create a balance but that depends on person to person. And how do we really know what the other person likes?
And if we tried to fit that ideal are we really being true to ourselves?

I always try to be myself when meeting guys but I am always preceived as "too metal" or hyper or honest. But that is me.

I used to be the nice quiet gal hoping that would attract guys but soon realised that I was not really being myself and they were attracted to a false red.

Ok I may be single but I am having fun being me.

Wow long rant.
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Okay, maybe I'm being slgihtly obtuse, but the whole thing about 'nice' boys that *red* just posted, in my experience is utter balls. From what I've been told by various girls, I'm a nice guy. But I am by no means boring and I'm not anything close to being a pushover...if someone's taking the piss, I'm one of the first to say something.

You can't be the quiet, shy one. You have to talk to people. If you seclude yourself in a corner, odds are people are going to think you're antisocial and leave you be whilst they enjoy themselves. I've always just been me, whether I have changed in time is irrelevant, because someone attracted to the present me may not be attracted to the past me, and vice versa. You can't do anything *but* be yourself, unless you want your partner to be attracted to someone who isn't you.

I'm lucky because I don't have trust or relationship issues, the only thing I do is get attatched a bit too much, I but learned from it. My core tenet of relationships has always been "Don't be a dick". Follow that, and from your end of things, your set.

Red, I'm in the same boat. I'm kinda happy being single, even though I recently lost a chance at a relationship...life's got to go on and you might as well enjoy it!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Sorry Mr Fish.
I did not mean all nice boys.

The one's in my experience are those who are quiet and will not stand up to themselves or for others. Are just, well plain nice. They do not believe in any form of conflict or agree with everything.
Have your own opinions for goodness sake.

No being nice and standing up for yourself is good. I love those guys, just never seem to meet them, or they seem to already be in loving relationships.

I agree with Mr Fish about hiding in the corner. Too many people are afraid of making the first move. As with a conversation with HairyscaryMark last night he said that men find it difficult chatting to gals that they class as attractive because they fear rejection so many guys (NOT ALL) Just hide in the corner. Same goes for gals.
But if you do that no-one will want to approach you as you are not showing your real you.

Just go out and have fun.

Too much empathise is on pulling anyway when people go ouot. What about just having a good time?

Wow I am very ranty today but am suddenly the only single gal in my group. Scary but I am loving the freedom.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Hiding in a corner saying nothing is the real me...

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:20 pm

*red* wrote:If your "nice" then you are either perceived as too nice and therefore boring or a walk over and people take advantage.
If your mean then although in the short-run someone may like that and find the boy boy (or girl) attractive nothing long term can really come of it because who honestly wants to spend the rest of their lives with someone who treats them bad?

We need to create a balance but that depends on person to person. And how do we really know what the other person likes?
And if we tried to fit that ideal are we really being true to ourselves?

I'm very nice, but part of my sense of humour seems to involve taking the piss and being a bastard -thats the balance I've created!

Well it hasn't always worked for me, cos if the other person doesnt get that then I don't act that way round them so I don't offend or come across the wrong way. But then, I wasn't acting myself... you've gotta act yourself. But usually I'm a bit cautious when starting out with someone, so I can get to know what their like before unleashing the full nob I am, and enjoy time just getting to know each other. And if I still can't act my full self then I guess its gonna end at some point. I'd rather be single than fit someone elses ideal.

Too much empathise is on pulling anyway when people go ouot. What about just having a good time?

Too fucking right! I don't have any mates that do this, even on an all girls night it involves having a laugh and being too rouwdy and un-girl like for anyone to wanna chat us up lol. If something happens and something comes from it, so be it!

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Lick mars you speak the truth.....right on sister *HIGH FIVE* :yes: