movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Noj_Bilskirnir wrote:I watched Diary of the Dead this weekend, if you're a zombie movie fan, avoid it. It's pretty shit, definately the very bottom of Romero's pile..

I did laugh out loud belly laugh at something during the film to do with Dynamite, other than that i'd put it on your "avoid" list.

It does have some redeeming features, but it is almost certainly the weakest of Romero's Zombie movies. I thought the Amish dude and the professor were pretty cool.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

WickedPrayer
Powermetal Child

Postby WickedPrayer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Dan Jenkins wrote:
AnimalLiberation27 wrote:I finally got to watch all of Leon yesterday, a sad ending in my opinion

Leon is top notch, Gary Oldman does a supreme job as a psychotic nutter with his classical music on his walkman hehe.

He is a fantastic evil guy...comparing killing people to classical music
They can't stop us, let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!

markt91
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markt91 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 pm

AnimalLiberation27 wrote:
markt91 wrote:I watched The Number 23 and Premonition yesterday, both psychological thrillers
They both impressed me, plenty of suspense and unexpected twists etc. :)

I enjoyed the Number 23, was good to see Jim Carrey in something other than a comedy.

Yeah i agree, he was good in it too and it didn't feel odd to see him playing that kind of role

Maliceuk
Warrior of Metal

Postby Maliceuk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:52 am

I watched Shutter the other night,the proper version not the remake.Dead creepy with the horrid scary face poping up.I love those films.Real blanket grabbers.

WickedPrayer
Powermetal Child

Postby WickedPrayer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:54 am

Maliceuk wrote:I watched Shutter the other night,the proper version not the remake.Dead creepy with the horrid scary face poping up.I love those films.Real blanket grabbers.

Is that the Japanese one?
They tend to be better, i saw the Japanese 'One missed call' and that certainly creeped me out.

Maliceuk
Warrior of Metal

Postby Maliceuk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:55 am

angel_of_death wrote:Must admit that The Number 23 was very predictable, but reasonably good. Premonition was utter bollocks, saw it in the cinema and couldn't wait for it to end.

Saw this weekend:

The Mummy 3: Same old, same old. An enjoyable watch, but nothing new...and I miss Rachel Weisz. Must remember to never to go to cinema on a wednesday again....far too many people taking advantage of orange wednesday, and many very irritating people.

The Bucket List: A womderful light hearted drama, quite an impact too. Freeman and Nicholson shine!

Jumper: An ok watch. A bit silly, but watchable...well all except Christenson, who should really never be hired for any movie...ever.

Lost Boys: I have seen it before, but I think I was about 10 so didn't get the full enjoyment. Watched it again this weekend, cheesy but a clearly a cult classic.

Have you seen Lost Boys 2 yet?I`m waiting till I am dead bored.I thought the trailers for Mummy 3 looked really good.I so hate packed cinemas.

Maliceuk
Warrior of Metal

Postby Maliceuk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:01 am

Maliceuk wrote:I watched Shutter the other night,the proper version not the remake.Dead creepy with the horrid scary face poping up.I love those films.Real blanket grabbers.

They tend to be better, i saw the Japanese 'One missed call' and that certainly creeped me out.

Yup,well,Thai.Tis very creepy.I do love my Asian horror.I know a lot of them have the really horrid creepy face thing but they really do make my blood freeze and they make me jump.
I`ve not yet watchd One missed call.I do really hate remakes but I do end up watching them,I guess I have too,give me something to grumble about :lol: Sometimes you can pick up on something you may of missed on the orignal as well.
oh I saw WAZ as well.I loved that and I didn`t see THAT coming at the end. I thought it was someone else.

WickedPrayer
Powermetal Child

Postby WickedPrayer » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:05 am

Maliceuk wrote:

Yup,well,Thai.Tis very creepy.I do love my Asian horror.I know a lot of them have the really horrid creepy face thing but they really do make my blood freeze and they make me jump.
I`ve not yet watchd One missed call.I do really hate remakes but I do end up watching them,I guess I have too,give me something to grumble about :lol: Sometimes you can pick up on something you may of missed on the orignal as well.
oh I saw WAZ as well.I loved that and I didn`t see THAT coming at the end. I thought it was someone else.

I've heard the remake of one missed call is bad. My friend had to leave the room during the original because she was so scared.
They do tend to use the same motifs like little girls etc. but they still freak people out.
I've never heard of that, what's it about?

Maliceuk
Warrior of Metal

Postby Maliceuk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:24 am

Watch Shutter for yourself and find out ;) It`s to do with photos,hence shutter.very chilling.

Ms 80s
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Ms 80s » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:29 pm

ish42 wrote:Saw The Dark Knight last night. What can I say? Absolutely fantastic. Gritty, dark, lots of explosions, exactly what every superhero film should be.

Hopefully going to see it again fairly soon.

Totally agree with you. It's an awesome film....The Joker was amazing!! :) :evillaff:

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:40 pm

going to see hellboy 2 in a couple of hours
By this axe I rule

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:09 pm

I saw Get Smart and Hellboy 2 yesterday. They're both good movies.

It was very random seeing Terence Stamp, Steve Carell, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Dalip "The Great Khali" Singh, Ken Davitian (Azamat Bagatov from the Borat movie) and Bill Murray (briefly) in the same movie.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

markt91
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markt91 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:52 pm

I watched 'No Country For Old Men' for the first time a couple of days ago, reeeeally fucking good :yes:

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:34 pm

My friend bought me Hostel 1 and 2 boxset for my birthday before I went backbacking round parts of eastern europe (great present...). Well I started watching the first one last night, but I got bored after half an hour. All thats happened is some american guys getting wasted and trying to shag chicks in amsterdam and slovakia. And Amsterdam and Bratislava look NOTHING like in real life.. yes yes I know its just a film, but I have to rant cos I was there not long ago... but what they show in the film is bollocks, Bratislava is amazing! I want to go again!! They should have filmed the real train station though, cos that place is actually fucking scary espec when waiting for a night train! But the actual city, no way. They should have stayed in the hostel we did instead haha. And street gang kids? wtf?

But anyway, I'm gonna try watch the rest tonight, seeing them annoying yanks get tortured should be more to my liking :D

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.