What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Metal_Moses » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 pm

HyperChris wrote:
Metal_Moses wrote:Having 3 gig's cancelled in the space of about a hour, 1 with no explanation (and we were supporting a fucking great and big-ish band) the 2nd next to no explanation and the 3rd being down to communication error of them deciding that we werent on the bill despite being swapping e-mails every day for about 2weeks, about stage times, other band on the bill, if we need a backline Etc. other people in bands will understand and i wont bore the people that dont.

so yeah thats it :@

:flame:

That's harsh. You should totally gig with us if we ever play Bristol, and we get the chance to choose bands. I'll be at your show at the Fleece, if nothing unforeseen happens!

hahaha that would be serverly EPIC, you need to play Hobbits, it just needs to happen hahaha, atleast youll DEFINATLY get a bigger thurn out than the Intense gig :D
the Fleece gig is going to be amazing cause My SIlent Wake are playing (and its Free)
are you bringing joe along like the Intense gig would be wiked to chatch up with you both again, and im sure Rob(our drummer) will be buying you a drink again, and not the cheap water-piss beer either :P

How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

HyperChris
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby HyperChris » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:32 am

Freyja wrote:Clifton? Arrr, you live mighty near me then! You might even have seen my bookshop xD
Yeah, I suppose Bristol is nice, especially the downs.. But like, its a shame about the people (the ones i've encountered anyway).

Well, I'm only in Clifton by the skin of my teeth; just off the Triangle, innit... not the proper posh bit. You have a bookshop? How bizzare! If i'm ever in need of literature, i'll be sure to pop in, hah. There's a few dodgy people about though, yeah. Was walking along the other day, and saw some ancient guy sitting down clutching his chest like he was dying of a heart attack or somesuch. We asked if he was alright, he didn't respond, then after a pause he shouted at us to bugger off. Which wasn't very nice of him... we were only trying to help.

The old man who's always playing the penny whistle makes up for all the bastards, though. He's awesome!

Metal_Moses wrote:hahaha that would be serverly EPIC, you need to play Hobbits, it just needs to happen hahaha, atleast youll DEFINATLY get a bigger thurn out than the Intense gig :D
the Fleece gig is going to be amazing cause My SIlent Wake are playing (and its Free)
are you bringing joe along like the Intense gig would be wiked to chatch up with you both again, and im sure Rob(our drummer) will be buying you a drink again, and not the cheap water-piss beer either :P

Free gig = good gig! Joe is being homeless in Hampshire, I believe. So he won't be there, alas. But i'll be twice as inebriated to make up for it!

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 pm

AVG is playing silly beggars. I don't know if their server is borked or something's gone wrong at my end but it doesn't want to update.

Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metal_Moses » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:26 pm

HyperChris wrote:
Freyja wrote:Clifton? Arrr, you live mighty near me then! You might even have seen my bookshop xD
Yeah, I suppose Bristol is nice, especially the downs.. But like, its a shame about the people (the ones i've encountered anyway).

Well, I'm only in Clifton by the skin of my teeth; just off the Triangle, innit... not the proper posh bit. You have a bookshop? How bizzare! If i'm ever in need of literature, i'll be sure to pop in, hah. There's a few dodgy people about though, yeah. Was walking along the other day, and saw some ancient guy sitting down clutching his chest like he was dying of a heart attack or somesuch. We asked if he was alright, he didn't respond, then after a pause he shouted at us to bugger off. Which wasn't very nice of him... we were only trying to help.

The old man who's always playing the penny whistle makes up for all the bastards, though. He's awesome!

Metal_Moses wrote:hahaha that would be serverly EPIC, you need to play Hobbits, it just needs to happen hahaha, atleast youll DEFINATLY get a bigger thurn out than the Intense gig :D

Free gig = good gig! Joe is being homeless in Hampshire, I believe. So he won't be there, alas. But i'll be twice as inebriated to make up for it!

hahaha Yes it does :D
Ahhh what thts a bummer, but you twice as inebriated sounds like a right laugh :D looking forward to it.

How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

Drugged_unholy
Leather Rebel

Postby Drugged_unholy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Big D wrote:AVG is playing silly beggars. I don't know if their server is borked or something's gone wrong at my end but it doesn't want to update.

That happens regularly to me.

storr
Consort of the Beast

Postby storr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Sunburn. :(
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:25 pm

I don't know what the fucks up with me. I'm just so... down. I'm never usually like this :| I'm usually full of joy.

It's just making me angry at myself. I nothing to be down about.

I blame hormones.

Drugged_unholy
Leather Rebel

Postby Drugged_unholy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Apparently Bristol is twinned with Tbilisi.

Not sure which needs the humanitarian aid the most at the moment.

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:48 am

My elderly cat is very poorly. Have been up with him most of the night as he isn't breathing properly. Will need to see a vet this morning. It's not looking good. He's at least 16 years old if not more and normally never ails, apart from his arthritis. At present he's sitting on the back step as he loves the outdoors but he can't walk any further into the garden.

Only got back to work yesterday after more than a few weeks off. Oh well! Let's hope they are sympathetic. I'm sure they will be tbh.

EDIT: Was as I thought. We lost our old Maximus today! It was tumour that had caused fluid to gather round his lungs apparently! Very sad! :cry:
Last edited by Lisa McNally on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nia
Powermetal Child

Postby Nia » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:53 am

Being screwed over by my so called best friend of 14 years.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Somerfield. You have to look over 25 to be able to buy a lottery ticket without suffering the indignation of being asked for ID. I'm 22 and hadn't bought it.

I had to walk another couple of minutes to the newsagents (no problems in there). That's a good 5 calories I won't get back!
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:02 pm

dragonmaiden wrote:My elderly cat is very poorly. Have been up with him most of the night as he isn't breathing properly. Will need to see a vet this morning. It's not looking good. He's at least 16 years old if not more and normally never ails, apart from his arthritis. At present he's sitting on the back step as he loves the outdoors but he can't walk any further into the garden.

Only got back to work yesterday after more than a few weeks off. Oh well! Let's hope they are sympathetic. I'm sure they will be tbh.

EDIT: Was as I thought. We lost our old Maximus today! It was tumour that had caused fluid to gather round his lungs apparently! Very sad! :cry:

Awww :( hope you're ok!
xx
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks Jenny! I am bearing up. 'd had him for over 14 years so it'll be weird for while but the other two cats are keeping me company.

Metallinen
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metallinen » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:31 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa, losing a cat is like losing an old friend. :(

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Ack, sorry to hear that Lisa. I guess it'll be odd not having him around, but at least you have the other cats.