The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Trappy666
Leather Rebel

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Trappy666 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:45 am

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:This morning I received a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend who called 'out-of-the- blue' to see if I was still around. We lost track of time, chatting about the wild, romantic times we used to enjoy together.!!

Couldn't believe it when she asked if I'd be interested in meeting up and rekindling a little of that 'old magic.' I was flabbergasted. ? 'I don't know if I could keep pace with you now,' I said, 'I'm a bit older and a bit greyer and balder than when you last saw me. Plus I don't really have the energy I used to have.'

She just giggled and said she was sure I would 'rise to the challenge'

'Yeah.' I said. 'Just so long as you don't mind a man with a waistline that's a few inches wider these days! Not to mention my lack of muscle tone...stuff sagging, my teeth not as white and jowls like a Great Dane!

She laughed and told me to stop being so silly.? She teased me, saying that tubby, grey-haired, older men were cute, and she was sure I would still be a great lover.

Then she giggled,? 'I've put on quite a bit of weight myself!'

So I told her to f*ck off.

Thats the greatest thing I've every heard! I think I might keep that for is any ex flames ever ring me up out of the blue. :yourock:
findmeinthemosh wrote:Trap and his dumb probably drunken abuse

wolverine83
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby wolverine83 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 am

Yes, he rules... at copying and pasting. :rolleyes:

It was funny plagiarism though.

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:33 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:This morning I received a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend who called 'out-of-the- blue' to see if I was still around. We lost track of time, chatting about the wild, romantic times we used to enjoy together.!!

Couldn't believe it when she asked if I'd be interested in meeting up and rekindling a little of that 'old magic.' I was flabbergasted. ? 'I don't know if I could keep pace with you now,' I said, 'I'm a bit older and a bit greyer and balder than when you last saw me. Plus I don't really have the energy I used to have.'

She just giggled and said she was sure I would 'rise to the challenge'

'Yeah.' I said. 'Just so long as you don't mind a man with a waistline that's a few inches wider these days! Not to mention my lack of muscle tone...stuff sagging, my teeth not as white and jowls like a Great Dane!

She laughed and told me to stop being so silly.? She teased me, saying that tubby, grey-haired, older men were cute, and she was sure I would still be a great lover.

Then she giggled,? 'I've put on quite a bit of weight myself!'

So I told her to f*ck off.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am

Just out of curiosity, how do those of you in relationships spend christmas?
This Christmas will be mine and my boyfriends 6th one together. Our parents live quite far from each other and we always manage to upset one set of parents with our plans.

Just curious?
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:57 pm

bellini wrote:Just out of curiosity, how do those of you in relationships spend christmas?
This Christmas will be mine and my boyfriends 6th one together. Our parents live quite far from each other and we always manage to upset one set of parents with our plans.

Just curious?

We are having a christmas dilema... its only our first one together. And my indecisive nature does not help...
Lordy be
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 pm

bellini wrote:Just out of curiosity, how do those of you in relationships spend christmas?

Just curious?

My boyfriend's family don't celebrate Christmas, simple :D

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Easy , do what I do, and just work over Christmas, usually overseas :yes:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:20 pm

I'm having that problem too. I don't want to spend christmas day at my girlfriends' but they don't have christmas dinner on boxing day like my family does. Anyway, just spent over 200 quid on a diamond ring for our anniversary. I know that's cheap for a ring but i am a tramp.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Shell
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Shell » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Just curious?

We upset both equally by having christmas at our own house. When one of us can drive I should imagine that we'll make an effort to visit both sets of parents at christmas though.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:20 am

I don't celebrate Christmas but will be spending it with the gf's family and probably having Christmas dinner with her Catholic grandparents. Could be a clash there. :lol:

After that we're sodding off to a hotel in Chester for a few days to see in the New Year. It's nice to have plans set in stone so early. There was no Christmas for me last year and the one before was a bit of a whirlwind.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:49 am

Shell wrote:

Just curious?

We upset both equally by having christmas at our own house. When one of us can drive I should imagine that we'll make an effort to visit both sets of parents at christmas though.

We have upset both this year by deciding that we will spend christmas alone in Prauge.
It wlll be our first christmas with just the two of us. We are enjoying the planning, we keep planning things that we would like to make our new traditions. This will be my first christmas dinner in 2 years (the last two years we have had chinese food for christmas). :)
Mau Mau

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:56 am

We're on the opposite side of this one. My children are at that stage when they have other people to think about at Christmas. I'm dreading the day when neither of them comes home and I spend it on my own :cry:
Last year my daughter's partner and his Mom came for Christmas, I expect that this year they'll be going to his Dad's but they haven't been able to tell me yet.
I use to love Christmas with my kids, going to church, singing carols in the bath, having special Sunday High Tea throughout advent, decorating the tree. Now it just seems like a spending fest. There is no decent church near us and no sense of tradition. We've never gone mad with the presents thing as we've never had the money so Christmas hadn't lost its real meaning.
Our best Christmas was the year we spent it in Belize. We had the 'boys' over who hadn't been invited anywhere else (all the unaccompanied officers had been invited to their boss's houses). 20 odd for lunch and then another 30 for supper. The lunch guys spent the whole day with us and then stayed for the evening. We had to send out for more beer in the afternoon as we were down to the last few cans (and that took some doing) They all stayed until the early hours playing charades and other party games on the veranda. The kids went to bed around 10.00 which was really late for a 7 and 5 year old. I think I folded about 2.00 am! It took me hours to clean the house in the morning as they had been playing volleyball in the garden and there was a mud path through the house to the loo!!!! My best Christmas.
The boys must have enjoyed themselves, I got invited to one of their leaving parties... it took place in the local brothel... there can't be many 'officer's wives' who get that sort of invite :oops:
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 am

Not being religious, I tend to not bother about xmas, I usually volunteer to work be that at home or abroad, I don't mind it, my Mum does but she makes abig deal out of it unlike myself , it's a bit cheaper for me too, as i don't spend any money apart from the odd present for close family, and because the country we work i is dry I can't by booze so it's even cheaper

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 am

Deli Kate wrote:We're on the opposite side of this one. My children are at that stage when they have other people to think about at Christmas. I'm dreading the day when neither of them comes home and I spend it on my own :cry:
Last year my daughter's partner and his Mom came for Christmas, I expect that this year they'll be going to his Dad's but they haven't been able to tell me yet.
I use to love Christmas with my kids, going to church, singing carols in the bath, having special Sunday High Tea throughout advent, decorating the tree. Now it just seems like a spending fest. There is no decent church near us and no sense of tradition. We've never gone mad with the presents thing as we've never had the money so Christmas hadn't lost its real meaning.
Our best Christmas was the year we spent it in Belize. We had the 'boys' over who hadn't been invited anywhere else (all the unaccompanied officers had been invited to their boss's houses). 20 odd for lunch and then another 30 for supper. The lunch guys spent the whole day with us and then stayed for the evening. We had to send out for more beer in the afternoon as we were down to the last few cans (and that took some doing) They all stayed until the early hours playing charades and other party games on the veranda. The kids went to bed around 10.00 which was really late for a 7 and 5 year old. I think I folded about 2.00 am! It took me hours to clean the house in the morning as they had been playing volleyball in the garden and there was a mud path through the house to the loo!!!! My best Christmas.
The boys must have enjoyed themselves, I got invited to one of their leaving parties... it took place in the local brothel... there can't be many 'officer's wives' who get that sort of invite :oops:

That sounds lovely :) . I'm feeling all festive now
Mau Mau

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:55 am

I'm going a little off topic but...ah well.

I'm not really huge on Christmas. It's way too commercial - it's just another way for businesses to drain our pockets, and I'm not even religious anyway. I'm not going to have some big celebration over something I don't even believe/follow. I mean yeah, I'll get a few close friends and family members a gift if I can, but that's about it. And even then, it's not because of Christmas, it's just a good time to show, well, how to word it... That they deserve a little something for putting up with me, haha! Not really, but a little gift is always a nice thing eh (Albeit, not in a buying-friends-because-I'm-a-fag vein, just a little appreciation. I don't really know their motivation to get me anything, I'm not really all that bothered if they do, I always tend to feel a little rotten taking presents. I don't know why, I guess it's just a trait of mine.) :P
We have a tree up and stuff, but nothing too much. In fact, none of my close family are religious, so there's definately no church-going and whatnot. I guess it's just a good way to make our English winters a little more..colourful, hah.
Can't say I've ever spent a Christmas away from my family, being 15 and all, and I highly doubt I will be doing so this year, hahaha.