The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
The Elfoid_TFS
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:58 am

Sigh. For the first time in a long time (around 2 years), I don't care that I'm so ugly, so strange and so bored by anything vaguely masculine that no girl will ever go for me unless I put on a damn good act which wouldn't last. Why? I've got the best damn friends in the world and frankly, no one out there could compete with the fun I have with them no matter how hot they are.

It all comes from loss; I have a really lame family, so I have a stronger connection to my grandparents and I'm much more aware of how much they can offer me taking the place of the people I'm forced to live with. By the same token, someone precious left my life recently but for once gave me a half decent explanation instead of just sneaking away in the night. And losing that friend's just made me look at what I've got left and I'm happy with it.

It's gonna be a while before I remember romance exists I think. Bliss.
Writer, bornmusiconline.com, sputnikmusic.com, bleacherreport.com
Hit me up: http://twitter.com/TheRamblingElf

toria-georgia

Postby toria-georgia » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:14 pm

My boyfriend went missing for 13 hours today.
His mum found him in his room. Asleep (he wasn't meant to be at home :eyes: )
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/toriageorgia

Lalllll
Powermetal Child

Postby Lalllll » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:17 pm

did he go for another ramble :yes:

toria-georgia

Postby toria-georgia » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:53 pm

I dunno lal..but it was scary!
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/toriageorgia

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:48 pm

I wish I could change my facebook status to "even more complicated". Simply complicated doesn't quite cut it, when in actual fact, my love life is probably more intricate and confusing than open heart surgery or something.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Jakkake
Leather Rebel

Postby Jakkake » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 pm

toria-georgia wrote:My boyfriend went missing for 13 hours today.
His mum found him in his room. Asleep (he wasn't meant to be at home :eyes: )

Hahaha.. :D And then viking skull in manchester was the only thing that woke me up!

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:36 pm

Trappy666 wrote:yeah I know :(

I feel bad about how I've had to let him go but it was fun and I'll always remember the good nights on IRC

*sobs*

youve been replaced bitchhhh :lol:
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:48 am

Finnvitka wrote:I wish I could change my facebook status to "even more complicated". Simply complicated doesn't quite cut it, when in actual fact, my love life is probably more intricate and confusing than open heart surgery or something.

That was such a nice image there.

Got a question for people though, when did you do the meeting the parents thing? I have to admit, I've met my boyfriend's parents several months ago, even though we'd been in this relationship for a year at that point. And he's met mine a couple of times, but he wants me to actually go and spend an entire day with them or at least dinner and I'm utterly terrified of them. Because, I don't even know, I just feel like a stupid schoolkid when I met them last and all stammery and I'd gotten over all that a while ago. First time I've ever done the proper relationship thing (guys dated a few years ago at school = not counting in "proper" as this time I'm a full-time student and he works and has his own place in London etc etc) and yeah. Parental meetings. Tips anyone?

SpellTrim

Postby SpellTrim » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:19 am

Don't try too hard and try not to sweat it too much.

Trappy666
Leather Rebel

Postby Trappy666 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:27 am

I met my girlfriends parents the day after we got together. Just be yourself and relax.

Also findmeinthemosh will agree, Don't bump into one of them when your coming out of the toilet :yes: :lol: :lol:
findmeinthemosh wrote:Trap and his dumb probably drunken abuse

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:58 am

As I've always found with my kids' friends, good manners without creeping is the best policy... after all parents love you, you love your partner, your partner loves you therefore parents should respect your feelings and respect your choice because it is your choice to make.

And if they think the partner is a total waste of oxygen.... well good manners covers that :lol:
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:57 am

I only see my Fiancé's parents about twice a year, and honestly... that is more than enough.
Don't get me wrong, they are not horrible people, they are just very set in their ways.

Future MIL had never had a job, other than 'housewife' and spends most the days making cakes for her husbund.
She thinks I am 'one of them feminists' because I have a job.

Although we don't get along, we are always friendly with each other because we both realise how important this is for Chris.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

kle110
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby kle110 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:15 pm

My parents love my bf. He's been coming down since the beginning and sometimes stays over. My mam's got him xmas prezzies :) He's met my nana even, first time accidentally as she came round the corner walking towards us.. but she likes him too and can't give him enough biscuits and tea when he comes over hehe.

His parents think I'm not good enough :cry: Think it's because of my previous employment situations. But I'm working on it, I'll win them over one day!

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:03 pm

bellini wrote:I only see my Fiancé's parents about twice a year, and honestly... that is more than enough.
Don't get me wrong, they are not horrible people, they are just very set in their ways.

Future MIL had never had a job, other than 'housewife' and spends most the days making cakes for her husbund.
She thinks I am 'one of them feminists' because I have a job.

Although we don't get along, we are always friendly with each other because we both realise how important this is for Chris.

Oh good lord, that is set in their ways, to say the least. I hope I don't have to deal with that ever :eyes:

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:32 pm

I've never really worried about meeting someones parents, I just act like I do whenever I meet someone new in that kind of scenario, which is just nice and polite. And quiet, cos I'm quiet anyway, but apparently that works quite well in these kind of situations.. I mean when my parents have met my brothers girlfriends they haven't liked them much when theyre gabbing away about bollocks lol.
I can't remember how long it was before I "met the parents" but I doubt it was that long, I can see it being more intimidating the longer you leave it though.