The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Charlie
Warrior of Metal

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Charlie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:39 pm

my bf took me to the evening reception of his cousins wedding.
not only was it meet the parents, it was also meet sisters, all the aunts and uncles and cousins as well.
there a very big family and scary when you meet them all at once and your usually shy.
i met his dad a few months later. again i was quite shy around new people, he took an instant liking to me an from then onwards i was introduced as his son's fiance, we didnt have a say. he then constantly made comments about what a great dad my bf would make. we took his hints eventually!
both his parents have my mobile number and pop over from time to time. i did nothing apart from hide slightly behind bf when meeting his family.
its simular other way round, both my parents love other half, even my mum tends to smile when he goes back to visit with me and thats not normal

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:11 am

I've met bf's perants on the second met up( god its horrid when guys still live with there perants) its is very un nerving as you dont have a clue yet wether you really like the guy and yeah then the perants talk about the whole marriage thing and kids :eyes: another guy i dated asked me about having kids o the first date. I ran away very very fast!!!

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:43 am

I love meeting parents, they always adore me :D
I havent yet met my boyfriends parents though, because they live in Barain, I may get to at Christmas... oooh exciting.
I find all that stuff important though, whoever im dating has to make an effort with my family too.

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 am

raremens wrote: another guy i dated asked me about having kids o the first date. I ran away very very fast!!!

Would there have been time?
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 am

With my ex, I went to stay at his house and we got together that weekend. So I met his parents like from the very start.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

laxo
Consort of the Beast

Postby laxo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:55 pm

For me, meeting my g/f parents is uncomfortable. I act very polite and nice to them but I have to hold myself back from being myself and it becomes very tedious after 4-5 hours of walking round shops and having meals with them but I can't tell my g/f so I just make up reasons why I can't come now. I'd rather they dislike me and I wasn't around them than have to be fake and get really annoyed....
Image For BOA 09

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:08 pm

with the exception of one (i had him arrested for kicking my front door in!!) I've always gotten on with my gfs parents. I've just been myself (though I've curbed the swearing (it is big and it is clever)) and they tend to like me.

I'm a fairly friendly polite person and this tends to win them over.

Funnily enough my appearance seems to go in my favour as they seem to find that despite looking like a dodgy old punk i'm a well spoken articulate bloke and the shock of that adds brownie points for me.

That said my soon to be father in law is an old (and fairly well known) hippy/rocker and probably the most objectionable inlaw anyone could ask for!!

ho hum

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:22 pm

i've learnt never to introduce my bf to my dad anymore. He sent out a hit on the last one, its hard to explain to a guy why someone is out to try kill him.
I think its just so much safer to avoid perants of gf's or bf's. Less stressfull to

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 pm

raremens wrote:i've learnt never to introduce my bf to my dad anymore. He sent out a hit on the last one, its hard to explain to a guy why someone is out to try kill him.
I think its just so much safer to avoid perants of gf's or bf's. Less stressfull to

/chat on work experience thead

:o :o

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:44 pm

I can't believed I haven't even mentioned here I am engaged!

The only problem is as she's still 16, her dad was in the UDR, her mum is a rather large lady and both my parents regret ever getting married young (or in the first place) we have to keep it a secret. I could stick the lectures from my dad but i'm still scared shitless of a concrete grave courtesy of her dad.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:49 pm

the joy of over protective dads.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:04 pm

raremens wrote:the joy of over protective dads.

My Dad use to own a doorman company (and work the doors too).
It use to be fun being able to get in anywhere in town without paying or waiting.

However It was also a pain in the arse having him or his friends scare away mine and my friends offers of free drinks.

I look back and laugh at it now, however at the time it was the end of the world for me.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:09 pm

My dad has a crossbow, every time my friends came over(mainly guys) he would show it to them, threaten them a little, tell stories of concrete boots etc etc, very embaresing. Luckely enough my friends saw the funny side and they wernt arseholes so al was ok. except of course when it came to bf's......

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:37 pm

i think my parents have met like, one person out of all the people ive been in a relationship/close with.

its just something i wouldnt do.
i dont talk to my parents much or see them that often tbh so it would be kinda awkward/irrelevant.

i wonder what its like to have a really close family, closeness with parents anyway.
its quite worrying how little i know about them and how little they know about me,
when i go to a friends house and they sit around and chat and do things daily with their parents - even that is a bit alien to me :eyes:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:49 pm

raremens wrote:My dad has a crossbow, every time my friends came over(mainly guys) he would show it to them, threaten them a little, tell stories of concrete boots etc etc, very embaresing. Luckely enough my friends saw the funny side and they wernt arseholes so al was ok. except of course when it came to bf's......

A mate of mine is a big old punk, green hair. a mowhawk the lot prob mid 40s

He met his 14yo daughters 1st bf with the words "so, you fucked her then?" the terrified lad said "no" and he repied "Really? I have and she's fucking great"

Awful but effective i guess.

:lol: :lol: :lol: