The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby jamestomo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm

jello wrote:
A mate of mine is a big old punk, green hair. a mowhawk the lot prob mid 40s

He met his 14yo daughters 1st bf with the words "so, you fucked her then?" the terrified lad said "no" and he repied "Really? I have and she's fucking great"

Awful but effective i guess.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: that is funny yet quite sick :lol:

raremens
Consort of the Beast

Postby raremens » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:08 pm

haha that sounds amazing. thankfully my dad does not pry into my sex live, but does go on about his *shudders* its soo wrong!!

jello
Leather Rebel

Postby jello » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:18 pm

jamestomo wrote:
jello wrote:

He met his 14yo daughters 1st bf with the words "so, you fucked her then?" the terrified lad said "no" and he repied "Really? I have and she's fucking great"

I'm scared shitless of the guy

his daughter however............

(oh yeah this was about 10 yrs ago sooo)

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:19 pm

Kylan_Paassa wrote:i think my parents have met like, one person out of all the people ive been in a relationship/close with.

its just something i wouldnt do.
i dont talk to my parents much or see them that often tbh so it would be kinda awkward/irrelevant.

i wonder what its like to have a really close family, closeness with parents anyway.
its quite worrying how little i know about them and how little they know about me,
when i go to a friends house and they sit around and chat and do things daily with their parents - even that is a bit alien to me :eyes:

I know what you mean, I see my parents about 4 times a year and they only live a 20 min train ride away. And even then, I'm usually only there for an hour or so then I go, and most of that time is spent with my brother or sister.

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:22 pm

jello wrote:
jamestomo wrote:
jello wrote:

I'm scared shitless of the guy

his daughter however............

(oh yeah this was about 10 yrs ago sooo)

hahaha, lucky you said it was 10 years ago, or would kinda scare me soon as you're 39 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:41 pm

My dad pretty much has categorically stated he only wants me seeing rockers etc cos he knows they tend to be lovelier than everyone else.

this is fine by me.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

CaptainTripps
Consort of the Beast

Postby CaptainTripps » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 pm

I've always had mixed relationships with girlfriends parents. My ex used to get on my case all the time about her parents thinking this and that about me, I stopped caring in the end. My parents are nice to anyone I bring back so I can't be arsed with other people setting criteria for me, it really isn't important in the grand scheme of things. There's only so much you can do to to impress people, anyway.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:41 am

kle110 wrote:His parents think I'm not good enough :cry: Think it's because of my previous employment situations. But I'm working on it, I'll win them over one day!

That's not true! I don't know what dad thinks 'cos I haven't spoken to him since July. Mum's out of her tree: she's the problem, not you. She's called exes users for bugger all good reason.

Finnvitka wrote:With my ex, I went to stay at his house and we got together that weekend. So I met his parents like from the very start.

Heh, that's the case with my girlfriend now. I got lost in trying to find her house then the car broke down. Her dad was good enough to come out and rescue me, a complete stranger. Her stepfather doesn't like me but I've been invited down for Xmas and he's been told he can piss off home if he doesn't like it. :lol:

Kay's grandparents are brilliant. I'm in a middle of a tug o'war between them and Kay's mum over where I go for Xmas dinner. We've been out drinking with her nana, who plies me with more Northumberland down the Lysaghts than I can hold down. :)
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:04 am

Finnvitka wrote:My dad pretty much has categorically stated he only wants me seeing rockers etc cos he knows they tend to be lovelier than everyone else.

this is fine by me.

saying this, he may have the shock of his life if/when he meets my current plaything.

I know for a fact my mum'd have a flaming heart attack just by looking at him.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:32 am

Eh, I guess with my family we're fairly close/I live there a couple of months a year, but he moved out of his family home 3-4 years ago and doesn't go back so often. So it's weird :/

Drugged_unholy
Leather Rebel

Postby Drugged_unholy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:23 pm

I've only had one Girlfriend meet my parents, and the other way around, but it was fine on both parts. I think my dad was jealous...

My parents would pretty much accept anyone really.

findmeinthemosh
Warrior of Metal

Postby findmeinthemosh » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:55 am

Trappy666 wrote:I met my girlfriends parents the day after we got together. Just be yourself and relax.

Also findmeinthemosh will agree, Don't bump into one of them when your coming out of the toilet :yes: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that was more than just a little awkward ....yep i'm still trying to work out where i go from there..I'm shy anyway..but then when I hear I kept them awake the other night I feel pretty guilty...

I guess I best get them something pretty sweet for christmas...as I am stealing their son.

P.s woke up in the most amazing mood, followed by much much sexy time...starting with some NIN while he was still half asleep..then some Rhapsody to wake him...some At the Gates for fun times..a bit more NIN and some Sunna...so

all in all I'm foookin happy :) :rockin: :guns: :thud:
"I suppose a rocks outta the question?"

Trappy666
Leather Rebel

Postby Trappy666 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:26 pm

findmeinthemosh wrote:
Trappy666 wrote:I met my girlfriends parents the day after we got together. Just be yourself and relax.

Also findmeinthemosh will agree, Don't bump into one of them when your coming out of the toilet :yes: :lol: :lol:

Yeah that was more than just a little awkward ....yep i'm still trying to work out where i go from there..I'm shy anyway..but then when I hear I kept them awake the other night I feel pretty guilty...

I guess I best get them something pretty sweet for christmas...as I am stealing their son.

P.s woke up in the most amazing mood, followed by much much sexy time...starting with some NIN while he was still half asleep..then some Rhapsody to wake him...some At the Gates for fun times..a bit more NIN and some Sunna...so

all in all I'm foookin happy :) :rockin: :guns: :thud:

Happy times :D
findmeinthemosh wrote:Trap and his dumb probably drunken abuse

toria-georgia
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby toria-georgia » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:10 pm

My boyfriend and i were mates before we got together. I'd go to his house quite often, so luckily for me i already knew his parents!

I think whats more nerve-wrecking is when your perents meet your boyfriend.."Do they like him? Do they like him?"! :lol:

Answer: yup!
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/toriageorgia

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Who cares if they like them. We're currently having a grandparental christmas dilema due to my grandfathers old fashioned mindset and my boyfriends piercings and obscenely long hair. And my mother, who incidentally has no problem with my boyfriend, is making it all far more complex than it needs to be. She seems to be concoing all kinds of arse over tit plans.
I just want to get drunk and eat turkey.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...