Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
a_p
Leather Rebel

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby a_p » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:42 pm

X2 is bloody awful
the rest are incredable though. the way I related to Tidus is waking up in a new world and not knowing w.t.h. is going on. like a learning experience

Anyone here ever been in love with Syphon Filter? (Meaning the 1st 3, the rest shouldn't even go by the name Syphon Filter, they're that different).
If not I recommend it to Metal Gear lovers!
You may not like it now
But this is how the story ends

CaptainTripps
Consort of the Beast

Postby CaptainTripps » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Syphon Filter was a good game from what I remember, one of my favorites from the playstation 1 days. The stealth missions were bloody solid though, especially that snow-base bloody hell the amount of spotlights you have to shoot, guards to gas grenade. Great game! :D

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:51 pm

One of my favourate levels! I think its impossible, i've managed to get into the underground bunker but I think ya trip silent alarms as you run towards the end of the level :B

This threads inspired an avatar change lol
You may not like it now
But this is how the story ends

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:53 pm

I remember playing the demo of the first Syphon Filter, I especially liked zapping fools with the tazer until they fry and fall off tall buildings. Didn't like it enough to get it though, was always more of a Metal Gear Solid kid :D

2fukkinmetal
Consort of the Beast

Postby 2fukkinmetal » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:49 am

Enjoyed the first Syphon Filter - but its nowhere near as good as metal gear and thats always in the back of your mind when playing it.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:54 am

Just finished Chrono Trigger DS.

Well, I say finished, but I haven't got all the endings or checked out the new areas yet. Great game, it's still got it's charm despite being over 13 years old. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Jakkake
Leather Rebel

Postby Jakkake » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:35 am

Anyone got the latest tomb raider?

It really captures the essence of the first 4.

Great puzzles, cracking levels, annoying fucking jumps that are so dodgy you want to punch a baby, titillating pixel curves, lots of monsters to slayer rather than just humans like on the shitty tomb raider legend.

It's actually a brilliant game! :lol:

I've got annoyed at it because i can't do this one jump. The angle is too stupid so i gave up.

In other news, i finished all 50 waves of the horde on hardcore mode in Gears 2? :]

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 pm

Yeah i got it for £19.99 from gamestation half price on Friday, i can't figure out the first damn puzzle in the underwater cave, tells you how clever I am :lol:

laxo
Consort of the Beast

Postby laxo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 pm

I was tempted with the new tomb raider but a few of them have been a bit rubbish IMO but I may pick up the newest one if it drops in price and as long as their are no wooden cogs to find!
Image For BOA 09

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:28 pm

If I get booted off my server on WoW one more bastard time, I'm phoning whichever piece of shit internet we have and cracking skulls.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Jakkake
Leather Rebel

Postby Jakkake » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Yeah i got it for £19.99 from gamestation half price on Friday, i can't figure out the first damn puzzle in the underwater cave, tells you how clever I am :lol:

One thing you put in the hole in the stones is in the same room as the stones.

the other is in the cave directly opposite the cave you're in, swim out and keep going and youll see another cave. its on the floor.

Then rotate the stones so the stone at the top has 3 eye shape thingies.

laxo wrote:I was tempted with the new tomb raider but a few of them have been a bit rubbish IMO but I may pick up the newest one if it drops in price and as long as their are no wooden cogs to find!

I thought the exact same thing, the latest one is just like the older ones, like i said earlier. It's 20 fucking quid from gamestation, its a great game and really really makes up for the past 2-3 shite ones.

There are 2 metal cogs on the first level... :(

laxo
Consort of the Beast

Postby laxo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:10 am

I spent what feels like 5 years of my life looking for that wooden cog :devil:

I might pick it up the next time i see it...
Image For BOA 09

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Without trying to start an argument...would people recomment a 360 or a PS3? I`ll be buying one or the other over the next 4-6 weeks. The PS3 tempts me because of blu-ray and it seems to have plenty of great games but I keep reading that the multi platform games are always much better on the 360 and that the PS3 is struggling somewhat.

Both seem to have exclusives that I really like the look of ( the Killzone 2 trailer looks awesome! ) and I`m completely confused as to where to put my money!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:46 pm

In my opinion you get so much more for your money with a PS3, Blu Ray player and dvd upscaler, internet access straight from the box with no subscriptuion fees, the graphics are better than a 360 apparently due the the higher power of the system, and the games companies are saying that they wish that the Xbox was as powerful to make cross platform games simplar to convert, and it also outsold the 360 in Europe and Japan in 08, the PS3 is starting to win the system war against Microsoft , the WII is beating everyone, but it's not really my thing

I pwesonally would go for a PS3, the Blu Ray player is also recommended in every Blu ray magazine aswell as one of the best quality players on the market

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:54 pm

There's that, but all the exclusive titles on the PS3 are cack. Depends if you would prefer decent games or bragging rights over how much better the PS3's specs are :P PS3's are better for a home entertainment hub thing but if you're looking for big titles or online gaming you're best with a 360. I've got a 360 so I'm bound to say that I guess lol