Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:02 pm

I can't see how the X-box has better games, all the multi format games tend to look better on PS3 and play the same on both systems, and tbh with the push that PS3 got this year, and the fact it outsold X-Box in Europw and Japan, the developers are making more effort with the PS3 stuff because of the extra power it has and therfore enables them to do more with their games

As for Blu Ray, it's brilliant, movies look awesome, no more swapping discs, and my dvd's look better through a PS3 because it makes dvd's look sharper as it upscales them,

Simple fact is the Xbox boys know that their system is going to be obsolete in 18 months, the PS3 has a damn site more legs in it , if you want proper next gen, get a PS3 :yes:
Last edited by ANDREWHALL28 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:04 pm

gumpy87 wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:The thing is though Sony can't really drop it that much as it costs them alot to make the machine, you aren't just getting a games machine, a half decent Blu Ray player is £300, and the PS3 is apparently better quality than that according to the dvd magazines, if you just want a games machine go for the Xbox, although , games like Uncharted and MGS are brilliant and all the games I have are top notch too, really playable, the PS3 is an entertainment centre, and I personally use it more for the Blu Ray player and dvd player upscaler, yes £300 is expensive, but it's not just a games console unlike the Xbox, it's much more and if you read all the magazines the companies have announced alot more for the PS3 in 09 and the downloads centre too, which I personally don't use

you should use the download service as calling all cars, everyday shooter, mega man 9 and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix are some of the best games out for the ps3

i want Street fighter II HD, I had the original and used to play it on arcade at out local ice rink, SF4 doesn't look too shabby either

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Well, Andrew, I have read / heard a few reports that suggest most multi-platform games look better on the 360 than the PS3. I`m not sure how true this is or how large the difference is...but a lot of people seem to say it.

I`m not really bothered about having a blu-ray player on my computer, the whole appeal of it would be watching films on the big HD telly in the main room rather than sat on my computer chair looking at the monitor.

Far as I can tell, both have great exclusive games...Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Left4Dead on the one side...Resistance 2, MGS4, Killzone 2 ( I know this isn`t out yet but the trailer really looks awesome! ), Little Big Planet on the other. I`m a huge Resi Evil fan and it`s the release of 5 in march (?) that has tempted me to finally get a new console.

There`s a rumoured price cut for the PS3 in march as well, which doesn`t seem unlikely...I may even wait till then, not exactly rolling in cash just after Xmas, especially after just buying Wacken, Priest, Overkill and Metallica tickets!

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:48 am

How long has Killzone 2 been in development? Seems like forever and a day since they released the first teaser of it with the rendered graphics. And lets not forget what an impact Killzone 1 made on the PS2, hailed as a Halo killer but went down like a ton of bricks.

laxo
Consort of the Beast

Postby laxo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:06 am

gumpy87 wrote:you should use the download service as calling all cars, everyday shooter, mega man 9 and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix are some of the best games out for the ps3

I am shocked to not see super stardust HD on that list, I saw a friend playing on it and I had a go and it was great!

If anyone is in the mood for a good read have a look at next years exclusives so far:
http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/081208X360gamesof2009.aspx?Page=1 - XBOX 360

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/081209Ps3gamesof2008.aspx - PS3

I think ps3 is the best to invest in from those lists...
Image For BOA 09

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:52 pm

laxo wrote:
gumpy87 wrote:you should use the download service as calling all cars, everyday shooter, mega man 9 and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix are some of the best games out for the ps3

I am shocked to not see super stardust HD on that list, I saw a friend playing on it and I had a go and it was great!

If anyone is in the mood for a good read have a look at next years exclusives so far:
http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/081208X360gamesof2009.aspx?Page=1 - XBOX 360

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/081209Ps3gamesof2008.aspx - PS3

I think ps3 is the best to invest in from those lists...

those lists cant be trusted as rage, Bayonetta, Final Fantasy XIII and Brutal Legend are coming out for the 360 as well. As for superstardust HD i havent got it yet but it is on my list
By this axe I rule

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:23 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I can't see how the X-box has better games, all the multi format games tend to look better on PS3 and play the same on both systems, and tbh with the push that PS3 got this year, and the fact it outsold X-Box in Europw and Japan, the developers are making more effort with the PS3 stuff because of the extra power it has and therfore enables them to do more with their games

As for Blu Ray, it's brilliant, movies look awesome, no more swapping discs, and my dvd's look better through a PS3 because it makes dvd's look sharper as it upscales them,

Simple fact is the Xbox boys know that their system is going to be obsolete in 18 months, the PS3 has a damn site more legs in it , if you want proper next gen, get a PS3 :yes:

the 360 has got better exclusives fable 2, gears of war, beautiful katamari, ninja gaiden 2, dead rising, eternal sonata (untill feb), Earth defance force 2017, wartech senko no ronde, blue dragon, lost odyssey, ikaruga HD, rez HD, Castle Crashers and they are just the ones i own

With multiformat game i havent noticed a lot of differene in graphics but the ps3 ones tend to have longer loading times and if sales figures were everything then the wii would be the best console, no system is going to be obsolete any time soon but if i was forced to pick one it would have to be the ps3 if only for how much mony sony loses on each one

also resident evil 5 is out march the 13th
By this axe I rule

tripod2000
Consort of the Beast

Postby tripod2000 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Just bought a 360. I'm currently obcessed with Conan. Not the online one, the one with crappy graphics I picked up for a tenner.

Gemstone Cutter to the bawls!

Looking forward to...seeing what guitar they have for Metallica: Guitar Hero!
The Gondor Fiddler (violin not kiddy)

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:11 am

I'm obsessed with Fallout 3 atm

Jakkake
Leather Rebel

Postby Jakkake » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 am

Got a 39 kill streak on cod5 today without:

camping
being in a tank
juggernoobing
martydom

:D running around with silenced mp40 and bandolier

AIIEEEE

CaptainTripps
Consort of the Beast

Postby CaptainTripps » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 am

The original post on this topic mentioned an addiction to the Total War series, I have this now.
Rome Total War to be specific, just saps hours out of my day, dagnabbit!

I've ordered the expansion packs so that should feed my addiction :D

PepsiToTheMax
Powermetal Child

Postby PepsiToTheMax » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:16 pm

andeh wrote:I'm obsessed with Fallout 3 atm

Ditto that,
have played it SOOOO much, its an amazing game.

and as for Medieval Total War, it is one of the most addicting games i have ever played.
:D
Ensiferum & Battlelore for BOA 09

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm building a computer on Monday. I'll have a pretty naff GPU, but I'll be updating that within a month or so. I can finally get back to playing TF2 on a regular basis :love:
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

PepsiToTheMax
Powermetal Child

Postby PepsiToTheMax » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 am

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:I'm building a computer on Monday. I'll have a pretty naff GPU, but I'll be updating that within a month or so. I can finally get back to playing TF2 on a regular basis :love:

I built my own pc and its one of the best things you will ever do.
as for TF2, pretty naff in my opinion lol
Ensiferum & Battlelore for BOA 09

andehpandeh
Powermetal Child

Postby andehpandeh » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Anyone still play Age of games? Mythology or Empires? :)

P.s Andeh it's seriously weird that we have the same names, I've been under this alias for years...small world.
[Mediocrity is the killer]