The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Manadh
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Manadh » Sat May 16, 2009 4:41 pm

My relationship is going rather well! :D
We went through a rather crappy patch but now all is well again and has been for a while :)
We are looking to move out together in July (been together for almost 4 years), and at present are having endless discussions about dinner service sets (I want pink polka dot, he says NO - wonder why) and other some such wholesome coupletastic things.
*passes bucket to self* :hurl:

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Sat May 16, 2009 5:00 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat May 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:There's this girl i really like and have liked for ages but never had the guts to say anything to her and now that i feel more confident about telling her how i feel, we have finished college and will probably be going to different universities in septemebr so i dont know what to do lol

DO IT. Talk to her now or forever regret it.

Good luck and sorry to hear about what happened Alex. :hug:

Just found out today (on facebook, the only place to see what is happening in your friend's love lives!) that 2 of the people I camped with at BOA last year have broken up. They were so perfect for each other as well :(
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sat May 16, 2009 6:14 pm

just worked it out, that in 24 days, me and my girlfriend will have been together for 4 years.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Sat May 16, 2009 7:22 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:just worked it out, that in 24 days, me and my girlfriend will have been together for 4 years.

Alright, rub it in you bastard :lol:

Nah but seriously, thats awesome mate :)

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sat May 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:just worked it out, that in 24 days, me and my girlfriend will have been together for 4 years.

Alright, rub it in you bastard :lol:

Nah but seriously, thats awesome mate :)

ta bud. :D
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Sat May 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Been with a great girl for a while that i met through her sister who im friends with. Finished her boyfriend to be with me (before we got together) and she can't get enough of me (for some reason). Asked me to move in with her about 2 months ago and were moving into our own flat in 3 weeks! So things are great at the moment. :D
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sat May 16, 2009 7:56 pm

The Warlord wrote:Been with a great girl for a while that i met through her sister who im friends with. Finished her boyfriend to be with me (before we got together) and she can't get enough of me (for some reason). Asked me to move in with her about 2 months ago and were moving into our own flat in 3 weeks! So things are great at the moment. :D

Congrats!

All this happiness is giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. I am a true romantic at heart! :)

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Sat May 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Thanks eveyone! I hope it goes well too (duh) because i havent had a relationship for nearly 2 years now but i put that down to how ridiculous my hair looked in the 'growing it' stages :lol:
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun May 17, 2009 10:47 am

It's our anniversary soon 7 years!
This is how we met :) (beware it's a bit long and mushy).
I was going away with my mate and he was bringing Chris (who I had never met)... I rang him a few weeks before going away to sort of travel details and within about 10 seconds I was smitten. I rang him about 8 on the Saturday night and we were still chatting at 7am Sunday morning.
It was a really weird feeling as I had only seen photos and talked to him on the phone, yet I knew deep down I was in love with him.
I had a few hours sleep that Sunday and when I woke up all I wanted to do was chat to him again (but didn't want to seem too needy) luckily for me he felt the same and rang me, and we had another really long chat.
On the Monday I brought a train ticket to go and see him the weekend after, it was a great weekend it felt like we had known each other for years and things that we were worried about such as the big age difference just dissolved we just relaxed around each other instantly.

We kept the relationship between ourselves for a bit as we were not sure how we would tell our friend, but he guessed very quickly and was happy for us.

When we got back from the holiday Chris came to visit me a couple of times and then he came one weekend and said he had been offered a good job in London and was going to live in the same town as me and commute. I then had to move to Reading and he came with me and we started living together (we had the same plate discussion as Mandeh and her fella... we ended up with purple plates :) )

The rest as they say is history, we are now engaged to get married next year and everytime I think this is perfect this is what life is all about, it gets even better :) :luv: :luv:
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Sun May 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Awwwwwww!
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Sun May 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Bellini wrote:It's our anniversary soon 7 years!
This is how we met :) (beware it's a bit long and mushy).
I was going away with my mate and he was bringing Chris (who I had never met)... I rang him a few weeks before going away to sort of travel details and within about 10 seconds I was smitten. I rang him about 8 on the Saturday night and we were still chatting at 7am Sunday morning.
It was a really weird feeling as I had only seen photos and talked to him on the phone, yet I knew deep down I was in love with him.
I had a few hours sleep that Sunday and when I woke up all I wanted to do was chat to him again (but didn't want to seem too needy) luckily for me he felt the same and rang me, and we had another really long chat.
On the Monday I brought a train ticket to go and see him the weekend after, it was a great weekend it felt like we had known each other for years and things that we were worried about such as the big age difference just dissolved we just relaxed around each other instantly.

We kept the relationship between ourselves for a bit as we were not sure how we would tell our friend, but he guessed very quickly and was happy for us.

When we got back from the holiday Chris came to visit me a couple of times and then he came one weekend and said he had been offered a good job in London and was going to live in the same town as me and commute. I then had to move to Reading and he came with me and we started living together (we had the same plate discussion as Mandeh and her fella... we ended up with purple plates :) )

The rest as they say is history, we are now engaged to get married next year and everytime I think this is perfect this is what life is all about, it gets even better :) :luv: :luv:

Thats such an awesome story! :)

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Sun May 17, 2009 12:57 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:There's this girl i really like and have liked for ages but never had the guts to say anything to her and now that i feel more confident about telling her how i feel, we have finished college and will probably be going to different universities in septemebr so i dont know what to do lol

DO IT. Talk to her now or forever regret it.

Good luck and sorry to hear about what happened Alex. :hug:

Just found out today (on facebook, the only place to see what is happening in your friend's love lives!) that 2 of the people I camped with at BOA last year have broken up. They were so perfect for each other as well :(

Thanks Han :)

Remember, it's never official until you see it on Facebook!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sun May 17, 2009 1:11 pm

Mine is going amazingly well. Only being official for just over a month like but she can put up with my stupid drunken antics and really is mature for her age. Makes a nice change after my last girlfriend who seemed to have the maturity of a jealous 10 year old :lol:

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Sun May 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I've been in a relationship for about a week now. It's weird, 'cause it seems longer than that, even though it really isn't. :lol: It's also funny, 'cause it's like... I don't know, I was only expecting to be mates with the fella, at least, when we exchanged detailz leaving Deathfest (what a faithful gig). Basically we ended up bumping into eachother a fair bit throughout the day and ended up just talking a load and so hence ended up exchanging details 'cause I felt it would've been a huge waste of meeting someone and then probably not seeing or hearing from them for ages 'cause I never bothered to ask.
Then we spoke and stuff more, and you know how it smacks you in the face that you really-really like someone. 'Sall good though, because he feels the same, and hence. :)

Aye, I've got Deathfest to thank for a fair lot really. So fucking glad I decided on it, rather than seeing Doro and Saxon.

Oh god I'm such a typical teenager.

:lol: :eyes: