The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:53 pm

To be honest a defeatist attitude is not going to get you far in life.

"Why bother? I'll only fail."

A bit of confidence helps too. I used to be the same, I had fuck-all confidence and I didn't see any point in bothering (for a number of reasons). Now I'm pretty confident about myself, and respect myself. Self-respect helps, I mean hell, the age-old analogy of "you must respect yourself, before anyone can respect you" comes into play here somewhat.

No offence, but bitching and moaning and giving up instantly? No thanks.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:57 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:To be honest a defeatist attitude is not going to get you far in life.

A bit of confidence helps too. I used to be the same, I had fuck-all confidence and I didn't see any point in bothering (for a number of reasons). Now I'm pretty confident about myself, and respect myself. Self-respect helps, I mean hell, the age-old analogy of "you must respect yourself, before anyone can respect you" comes into play here somewhat.

You're a woman, you'll never have any problem getting partners, ever. That's the way of the great magnet.

HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:00 pm

:rolleyes:

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:17 pm

herzeleid wrote:
HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:To be honest a defeatist attitude is not going to get you far in life.

You're a woman, you'll never have any problem getting partners, ever. That's the way of the great magnet.

Unless you look like some sort of walrus or ogre :P
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Me and courtney broke up already....laugh my fucking ass off

what a slag *loved other boys*

hahahaha

slut.
Last edited by xBERSERKERx on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm

herzeleid wrote:You're a woman, you'll never have any problem getting partners, ever. That's the way of the great magnet.

Attracting guys isn't the problem, its getting the guys you actually like thats tricky for us! ;) Hell I've been with someone for 2 years and if hes not around I still get clingy weirdos who don't get the hint gah! I don't like doing the run away and hide/ignore them but sometimes thats the only way to get rid. Try be nice and you still end up being a bitch for it, yay for us.

I know that doesn't put much confidence in the blokes here after hearing 'oh just go for it!' :eyes: :lol: but I think theres such a thing as playing it cool. Its better to be a little stand off-ish than too forward and clingy (makes them want you more ;) ).

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 pm

RB2610 wrote:
herzeleid wrote:

Unless you look like some sort of walrus or ogre :P

I've met her, she doesnt :P
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm

herzeleid wrote:That's the way of the great magnet.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT MAGNET

Quite frankly though, I wouldn't really want to be with a metal-head wumman. I would love it if we shared some similarities music wise of course but I'm not interested as I used to be in the whole metal sub culture scene and the girls who live it. If I were to meet someone like that though and we got along then brilliant, but I certainly don't want to spend my whole time looking for metal-love. Like all the girls in local rock clubs etc, I tried that whole thing before when I was younger and now I just think DO NOT WANT.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Lick Mars wrote:
herzeleid wrote:You're a woman, you'll never have any problem getting partners, ever. That's the way of the great magnet.

Attracting guys isn't the problem, its getting the guys you actually like thats tricky for us! ;) Hell I've been with someone for 2 years and if hes not around I still get clingy weirdos who don't get the hint gah! I don't like doing the run away and hide/ignore them but sometimes thats the only way to get rid. Try be nice and you still end up being a bitch for it, yay for us.

I know that doesn't put much confidence in the blokes here after hearing 'oh just go for it!' :eyes: :lol: but I think theres such a thing as playing it cool. Its better to be a little stand off-ish than too forward and clingy (makes them want you more ;) ).

May I also add, as male metal heads we have a genetic predisposition to be desperate sex-starved loners and limpets. That's what happens when you throw a seal to group of starving polar bears...

Blaken
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blaken » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:04 pm

:lol: I remember those days! I was far more fucked up and pathetic than any of you are coming off though, so there's hope yet. I'm still young, but not so angsty :P

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Blaken wrote::lol: I remember those days! I was far more fucked up and pathetic than any of you are coming off though, so there's hope yet. I'm still young, but not so angsty :P

He's right. Apart from that last bit, you're still an angsty bitch.

Come here and love me, schnookums. :hug:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:17 pm

andeh wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:

May I also add, as male metal heads we have a genetic predisposition to be desperate sex-starved loners and limpets. That's what happens when you throw a seal to group of starving polar bears...

Shut up, stop giving away our secrets to them!

He was kidding, we're actually well cool, we don't even like sex all that much, going a month without is well easy

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:35 pm

herzeleid wrote:He was kidding, we're actually well cool, we don't even like sex all that much, going a month without is well easy

This.
Except maybe change "a month" to TWO AND A HALF FUCKING YEARS for me.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Hellhammer
Warrior of Metal

Postby Hellhammer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:37 pm

Applecore wrote:
herzeleid wrote:He was kidding, we're actually well cool, we don't even like sex all that much, going a month without is well easy

This.
Except maybe change "a month" to TWO AND A HALF FUCKING YEARS for me.

Shit dude :(

Blaken
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Blaken » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
Blaken wrote::lol: I remember those days! I was far more fucked up and pathetic than any of you are coming off though, so there's hope yet. I'm still young, but not so angsty :P

He's right. Apart from that last bit, you're still an angsty bitch.

Come here and love me, schnookums. :hug:

I said not so angsty. I'm happy fun time angsty, not Kurt Cobain angsty. You're just trying to get some man love from me and I refuse to bite. :love: